Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#11311 TaraLynn770

TaraLynn770
  • Newbie
  • 9 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 4, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
  • LocationPhiladelphia PA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by EmilyT 

Hey! My ceremony started at 4:30 and I had my hair appointment at 12:30 ;) Also I paid $30 for the lights under the table so tell them that you know thats what a lot of other brides paid ! Only lighting I had was the lanterns going across the front of the deck and the lights under the tables and it was perfectly lit. ( also had the light up dance floor ) & i think it was perfect...

 

I also highly recommend the white flags. I had 3 i think or four going acorss the deck along the poolside behind where the head table was and they really looked beautiful blowing in the wing... added a really nice element! I cant remember the price but they werent too much & def. worth it for the backdrop.

Hi Emily, I am considering doing the lights under the table and want to know, did you just have the basic white tablecloths or colored ones? i figured if doing the lights then i should stick with the white tablecloth included. also the wedding package comes with meals etc for 20 people but silly question, does that include the table? i know i will pay for the amount of people over 20 for food but do i also pay to have extra tables set up? i like your set up idea and was going to have the paper laterns and lights under the table as well. thanks!



#11312 JustNoelle

JustNoelle
  • Jr. Member
  • 271 posts

    Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

    Originally Posted by EmilyT 

    Hey! My ceremony started at 4:30 and I had my hair appointment at 12:30 ;) Also I paid $30 for the lights under the table so tell them that you know thats what a lot of other brides paid ! Only lighting I had was the lanterns going across the front of the deck and the lights under the tables and it was perfectly lit. ( also had the light up dance floor ) & i think it was perfect...

     

    I also highly recommend the white flags. I had 3 i think or four going acorss the deck along the poolside behind where the head table was and they really looked beautiful blowing in the wing... added a really nice element! I cant remember the price but they werent too much & def. worth it for the backdrop.

    Hi Emily,

     

    I too have question about the lights under the table. Do you think the lights would show through satin table linens? Or does it only show through the white? I don't want to spend that much money if it won't have the same effect.



    #11313 Sabrina26

    Sabrina26
    • Newbie
    • 29 posts

      Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

      Hello All! Iam getting Married at DRC 11/22/13. I was wondering if anyone had pics of the pool deck, or pool terrace locations? Iam not sure which to pick? Also food choices anyone have any idea on how many choices guests get to choose from? Iam having sit down dinner, but the dreams site says choice of 1? Any info on this? Any tips or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

      #11314 Savs1027

      Savs1027
      • Site Supporter
      • 458 posts

        Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

        Originally Posted by TaraLynn770 

        Hi Emily, I am considering doing the lights under the table and want to know, did you just have the basic white tablecloths or colored ones? i figured if doing the lights then i should stick with the white tablecloth included. also the wedding package comes with meals etc for 20 people but silly question, does that include the table? i know i will pay for the amount of people over 20 for food but do i also pay to have extra tables set up? i like your set up idea and was going to have the paper laterns and lights under the table as well. thanks!

        I had lights under our tables with the white table cloth and a teal sheer overlay! I LOVED the way it looked! 

         

         

         



        #11315 Savs1027

        Savs1027
        • Site Supporter
        • 458 posts

          Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

          Originally Posted by Sabrina26 

          Hello All! Iam getting Married at DRC 11/22/13. I was wondering if anyone had pics of the pool deck, or pool terrace locations? Iam not sure which to pick? Also food choices anyone have any idea on how many choices guests get to choose from? Iam having sit down dinner, but the dreams site says choice of 1? Any info on this? Any tips or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

          We had ours on the pool deck :) 

           

          Here's our slideshow if you want to see it!

          http://171212ryan.dr....com.mx/#/ryan/



          #11316 MrsShoreytobe

          MrsShoreytobe
          • Jr. Member
          • 315 posts

            Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

            Originally Posted by Savs1027 

            We had ours on the pool deck :) 

             

            Here's our slideshow if you want to see it!

            http://171212ryan.dr....com.mx/#/ryan/

             

            Originally Posted by Savs1027 

            I had lights under our tables with the white table cloth and a teal sheer overlay! I LOVED the way it looked! 

             

             

             

            Absolutely gorgeous Savanah, brought me to tears lol I am such a sap these days hahah!

             

            Do you mind me asking what the cost was to arrange a poolside reception, and for how many people? I'd love to knwo what we'd be looking at for 40-50 people. Also, cost of your dj and light up floor? (which is the bomb by the way)

             

            Thanks!!



            #11317 Savs1027

            Savs1027
            • Site Supporter
            • 458 posts

              Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

              Originally Posted by MrsShoreytobe 

               

              Absolutely gorgeous Savanah, brought me to tears lol I am such a sap these days hahah!

               

              Do you mind me asking what the cost was to arrange a poolside reception, and for how many people? I'd love to knwo what we'd be looking at for 40-50 people. Also, cost of your dj and light up floor? (which is the bomb by the way)

               

              Thanks!!

              We had 35 people. 

              The dinner/drinks is 48/pp. We had the ultimate package which included it for 20 we just had to pay for 15. We also chose not to do the cocktail hour and used that credit towards our dinner so we ended up not paying very much for the actual dinner. 

              The DJ was $900 for the 3 hours. I don't remember how much the light up dance floor was - I don't have our break down of price anymore. 2 centerpieces were included with the ultimate package so we only had to pay for 3 of those which were about $60 each.  We paid $4 per person for the cake for 15 people because 20 were included. And we paid $150 per bamboo pole for the lighting and I think $30 per table for the under table lights. We took everything else with us (table overlays, sashes, picture frames, decorations, etc). 

               

              For our entire wedding at the resort it was about $8000. That didn't include what we brought with us or our trip there. 



              #11318 MrsShoreytobe

              MrsShoreytobe
              • Jr. Member
              • 315 posts

                Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:26 AM

                Originally Posted by Savs1027 

                We had 35 people. 

                The dinner/drinks is 48/pp. We had the ultimate package which included it for 20 we just had to pay for 15. We also chose not to do the cocktail hour and used that credit towards our dinner so we ended up not paying very much for the actual dinner. 

                The DJ was $900 for the 3 hours. I don't remember how much the light up dance floor was - I don't have our break down of price anymore. 2 centerpieces were included with the ultimate package so we only had to pay for 3 of those which were about $60 each.  We paid $4 per person for the cake for 15 people because 20 were included. And we paid $150 per bamboo pole for the lighting and I think $30 per table for the under table lights. We took everything else with us (table overlays, sashes, picture frames, decorations, etc). 

                 

                For our entire wedding at the resort it was about $8000. That didn't include what we brought with us or our trip there. 

                Wonderful thank you! I've heard of these lovely "credits" you can apply to the dinner instead of having the cocktail hour, what a great way to save!



                #11319 Savs1027

                Savs1027
                • Site Supporter
                • 458 posts

                  Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

                  Originally Posted by MrsShoreytobe 

                  Wonderful thank you! I've heard of these lovely "credits" you can apply to the dinner instead of having the cocktail hour, what a great way to save!

                  Yes! We had our "cocktail hour" at the beach bar. We had the mariachi band play there and we took pictures right in front of there on the beach so everyone watched us take pictures. It really worked out perfectly! I'm glad we didn't spend the extra money on the cocktail hour! 



                  #11320 AnaSteele58

                  AnaSteele58
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 381 posts

                    Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

                    Originally Posted by Savs1027 

                    We had 35 people. 

                    The dinner/drinks is 48/pp. We had the ultimate package which included it for 20 we just had to pay for 15. We also chose not to do the cocktail hour and used that credit towards our dinner so we ended up not paying very much for the actual dinner. 

                    The DJ was $900 for the 3 hours. I don't remember how much the light up dance floor was - I don't have our break down of price anymore. 2 centerpieces were included with the ultimate package so we only had to pay for 3 of those which were about $60 each.  We paid $4 per person for the cake for 15 people because 20 were included. And we paid $150 per bamboo pole for the lighting and I think $30 per table for the under table lights. We took everything else with us (table overlays, sashes, picture frames, decorations, etc). 

                     

                    For our entire wedding at the resort it was about $8000. That didn't include what we brought with us or our trip there. 


                    Thanks for the breakdown! This is helpful. 

                     

                    I was searching the thread for something like this or an invoice someone uploaded.  I know someone uploaded their invoice in the NowJade thread and one other place so I guess it isn't THAT taboo...lol.






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users