Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#11241 Vika Yakovleva

Vika Yakovleva
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by elsa s 

does anyone know if the 2999 for ultimate pkg is going to have an additions 15% service charge and 11% tax on it??? and does 300 per hour for dj and add photo packages have these additional charges on it? I'm trying to calculate the charges in total....

Elsa,

Unfortunatly the package does not include the tax or the service charge on it, as for the DJ, i am pretty sure that it doews not include tax eaither. When is your wedding? I leave in less then a week and get married in 10 days!

#11242 BettyT

BettyT
    • 32 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by kellynnrose 

Hi everyone!

Me and my fiance will be having our wedding at DRC May 24th 2014.  This May will be vacationing in Cancun and would like to visit the resort and meet with the wedding coordinator.  I have tried emailing Eva several times over the past few weeks and no reply.  Does anyone have a different email address besides weddings.drerc@dreamsresorts.com???

Hi Kelly,

Eva no longer works there.  My coordinator is Lorena.  Maybe she can help direct you. weddings4.drerc@dreamsresorts.com

They don't respond quickly at all.  So don't be surprised if you don't hear back for a week or longer.  Maybe try calling the resort instead.

#11243 elsa s

elsa s
      • 72 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Vika Yakovleva 

Elsa,

Unfortunatly the package does not include the tax or the service charge on it, as for the DJ, i am pretty sure that it doews not include tax eaither. When is your wedding? I leave in less then a week and get married in 10 days!

My wedding is on April 30th and i leave on the 28th... I find it ridiculous how expensive the DJ is and if they charge an additions 15% over the 11% tax plus 300 an hour.... that's just a rip off but i guess we have no choice....

#11244 Savs1027

Savs1027
        • Site Supporter
        • 458 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by elsa s 

does anyone know if the 2999 for ultimate pkg is going to have an additions 15% service charge and 11% tax on it??? and does 300 per hour for dj and add photo packages have these additional charges on it? I'm trying to calculate the charges in total....

Every price that is listed does not include any tax or service charge. 

The $3000 for the unlimited package is not subject to the service charge though, just the tax. The only things that get the service charge are things like food, champagne, cake, (where you need a server). 

Also keep in mind if you're paying with a CC most companies charge an international fee. 

#11245 BettyT

BettyT
          • 32 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Savs1027 

The $3000 for the unlimited package is not subject to the service charge though, just the tax. The only things that get the service charge are things like food, champagne, cake, (where you need a server). 

Also keep in mind if you're paying with a CC most companies charge an international fee. 

Hi, so does that mean we don't need to tip if we're getting charged that service fee?

Thanks,
            Betty

#11246 Vika Yakovleva

Vika Yakovleva
            • 64 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

Oh wow you are cutting it very close. You will only have the day before for the actual wedding planning with the coordinator. But I'm sure everything will still be perfect, from all the great reviews, these coordinators are pros! quote name="elsa s" url="/t/47576/dreams-riviera-cancun-brides-post-here-new-thread/11070#post_1895810"]My wedding is on April 30th and i leave on the 28th... I find it ridiculous how expensive the DJ is and if they charge an additions 15% over the 11% tax plus 300 an hour.... that's just a rip off but i guess we have no choice.... [/quote]

#11247 elsa s

elsa s
              • 72 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Savs1027 

thank you so much! 

#11248 elsa s

elsa s
                • 72 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Vika Yakovleva 

Oh wow you are cutting it very close. You will only have the day before for the actual wedding planning with the coordinator. But I'm sure everything will still be perfect, from all the great reviews, these coordinators are pros!
                  quote name="elsa s" url="/t/47576/dreams-riviera-cancun-brides-post-here-new-thread/11070#post_1895810"]My wedding is on April 30th and i leave on the 28th... I find it ridiculous how expensive the DJ is and if they charge an additions 15% over the 11% tax plus 300 an hour.... that's just a rip off but i guess we have no choice....
                  [/quote]

i know I really am... I'm so nervous but from the beginning they advised that it wont be a problem... and my travel agent emailed them to get my wedding schedule with everything confirmed on there... most people say they meet with wedding planner once and everything goes into place so hopefully that will happen for mine too!... fingers crossed 

#11249 browmegan

browmegan
                  • 29 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2014
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

The time is flying by way too quickly. Less than 9 months until our big day in January but I have bought a dress so that is exciting. How far in advance did you request final confirmation (RSVP) from your guests that are attending?? We leave for our friends' wedding May 6 and it is in Tulum so we are going to go and check out the Dreams Riviera while we are there. I can't wait, hope everyone elses planning is going well :)

#11250 bgarcia1026

bgarcia1026
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 45 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by JustNoelle 

Thanks for getting back to us. I found a list of menu options on the amresorts (owner of Dreams) site. They have really good sounding options. I wonder if I will be able to pick out of those menus.

Out of curiosity, what dish did you chose for your fish option? 

I'm sorry I couldn't be more help.

We decided on the sea bass with the asparagus and portobello mushrooms in the beurre blanc sauce.  The majority of my guests chose that option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users