Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#11221 bgarcia1026

bgarcia1026
  • Site Supporter
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Nicole2013 

Hi,
    Can you please send me the platinum menu. I only received silver and gold.
    My email is d82nikki@aol.com

Thanks
    Nikki

Originally Posted by JustNoelle 

Hi Bianca,

Can you please send me the platinum menus? I only received the Silver and Gold.

Originally Posted by Nicole2013 

Hi,
    Can you please send me the platinum menu. I only received silver and gold.
    My email is d82nikki@aol.com

Thanks
    Nikki

Guys,

I just checked and I don't have them.  I have emails floating all over the place and I might have it in hard copy (I would have to check when I get home).

#11222 JustNoelle

JustNoelle
    • 271 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by bgarcia1026 

Guys,

I just checked and I don't have them.  I have emails floating all over the place and I might have it in hard copy (I would have to check when I get home).

Thanks for getting back to us. I found a list of menu options on the amresorts (owner of Dreams) site. They have really good sounding options. I wonder if I will be able to pick out of those menus.

Out of curiosity, what dish did you chose for your fish option? 

#11223 kellynnrose

kellynnrose
      • 22 posts
      • Wedding Date:May 24, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
      • LocationPuerto Morelos, Mexico

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:56 AM

Hi everyone!

Me and my fiance will be having our wedding at DRC May 24th 2014.  This May will be vacationing in Cancun and would like to visit the resort and meet with the wedding coordinator.  I have tried emailing Eva several times over the past few weeks and no reply.  Does anyone have a different email address besides weddings.drerc@dreamsresorts.com???

#11224 bgarcia1026

bgarcia1026
      • Site Supporter
      • 45 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone give me information about the lighting?  We are thinking about doing the 20 light posts but it's $700 bucks plus 11% tax.  How many of these posts do you get?  It looks like there are 10 lanterns per post, so I'm assuming it would be two right.

Did anyone else bring or do other lighting options?  We were also thinking about doing luminaries but I don't know how much light that would give off.

Thanks!

#11225 ashley822

ashley822
        • Site Supporter
        • 24 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jendev View Post

We have about the same amount of guests. How much extra did you pay for seaside? Right now we have our reception on the pool terrace but I'm not too thrilled with that location!

We paid $1146.00 extra for the Seaside Grill. They quoted us this before we even gave a total number of guests so I'm still not completely sure where this came from haha. My understanding was to close a restaurant is it the $35/pp + the 15% auto grat/pp + 11% fee/pp. Then I thought there was maybe a minimum number of people they charged for (such as 30 guests) but I am really not sure where the number came from. It ALMOST worked out for our 25 guest number but since we had our hearts set on that location after seeing pictures and not being thrilled with the other options, we didn't have too many other extras so we just said fine and agreed to book it :) 

#11226 elsa s

elsa s
          • 72 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by ashley822 

We paid $1146.00 extra for the Seaside Grill. They quoted us this before we even gave a total number of guests so I'm still not completely sure where this came from haha. My understanding was to close a restaurant is it the $35/pp + the 15% auto grat/pp + 11% fee/pp. Then I thought there was maybe a minimum number of people they charged for (such as 30 guests) but I am really not sure where the number came from. It ALMOST worked out for our 25 guest number but since we had our hearts set on that location after seeing pictures and not being thrilled with the other options, we didn't have too many other extras so we just said fine and agreed to book it :) 

They never told me about any additional charge for seaside grill... they did give me a rate to shut down el patio and this other restaurant but seaside grill was no extra charge... hopefully they dont change that on us! i think its because seaside grill closes at 6pm ? 

#11227 loripanori

loripanori
            • 95 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

Holy cow, we leave first thing Sunday morning!   I can't believe how time has flown by.  We still don't have a menu figured out - the chef emailed us once but hasn't gotten back to us since about any of our requests.  I'm hoping we can sort that out when we get there, otherwise we will probably switch to the buffet (which I would be happy with, but my fiance seems quite set on having a seated/plated dinner).  We're also still trying to decide whether to add an extra hour to our reception.  The cost of this is $15 per person (+ tax and service), plus the cost of the DJ for an hour, is that right?  We have a smallish group (24 adults, 6 children), and I just don't know if everyone's going to be up dancing!  If they are, then I would want to extend it, but if everyone is just kinda mingling around and not dancing a lot, then I wouldn't want to pay extra to extend that by an hour.  So hard to know.  

#11228 Nicole2013

Nicole2013
              • 24 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

So I emailed Caesar Mauricio to set him up for the dj for my wedding. He was booked so put me in contact with someone else recommended by the resort. His name is Jorge chagoya. He has been great and very responsive. Wondering if anyone has used him for the dj services and if they have any feedback? Thanks Nikki

#11229 loripanori

loripanori
                • 95 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

Hi Nikki,  We're getting married this Thursday and have Jorge as our DJ.  We were late adding on the DJ, I'm not sure if that's why we were assigned Jorge instead of Mauricio, but I'll let you know how it goes!

#11230 Nicole2013

Nicole2013
                  • 24 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

Hi Nikki,  We're getting married this Thursday and have Jorge as our DJ.  We were late adding on the DJ, I'm not sure if that's why we were assigned Jorge instead of Mauricio, but I'll let you know how it goes!

Great thanks! Keep us posted I'm sure everything is going to be beautiful!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users