Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#10871 Rach0636

Rach0636
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by TIGERLILYODP 

ahhhh how beautiful! I love the trash the dress shots too .I def want to do that looks so much fun.Did you get more photos for the TTD shoot than what was shown ? :0) xx

Yeah the photographer all together with both the wedding and trash the dress took over 700 pictures so we had to get it down to about 330. We had the $1500 package which included 236 photos and we got almost 100 extra pics which cost us over $300! It's crazy how much they charge you for extra photos but I definitely thought it was something that was worth it. 

#10872 maribusta79

maribusta79
    • Site Supporter
    • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

This is my first post here and it's not a happy one, I'm sooooo upset I'm shaking right now. I have seriously been pricing out room rates for my wedding and as of early today Dreams promotional rate was still good, I have been trying unsuccessfully to reach Lorena, the wedding coordinator fir about a week and a half now, to no avail. I called long distance several times and left her several messages and even emailed. Nothing. I finally got a hold of her yesterday afternoon and let her know i was anxious to reserve my wedding date (either Aug 25 or 26 2013) and book my rooms. She told me only Aug 30 was available, I asked her to please double check. After being on hold she told me the 26th was free. I asked how I could reserve this date and rooms, I was willing to put in all the deposits required to do this. Lorena said I had to fill out several forms, I asked her if it was the ones on the website (wedding request form) and she said no, she ad to email me these forms. I told her I had sent several emails and if she could just reply to my email with the attached forms I would send them through right away. After another long hold she said she found my email and would send me the forms. Nothing received. So I'm on the reservation site showing a go the site and wanted to let her know the rate and it's $500 more for the preferred club ocean view room, and the basic room is $200 more than the previous rate I had obtained for the preferred room!!! I'm freaking out and I call the resort to explain the situation, the girl i spoke to said that even though the promotion is still on rates can change due to availability and that there's nothing she can do but that I should call reservations tomorrow. I am so upset because I have been proactive and now there's this issue due to the wedding coordinators lack of response. I'm hoping the reservations manager can honor the previous rate otherwise I don't know what I will do :'( has anyone had to escalate any issues to upper management? If so do you ave a contact person? Thanks ladies...

#10873 ashley822

ashley822
      • Site Supporter
      • 24 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by kndrashltn View Post

ashley822 may I ask you where your bridesmaid dresses are from? 

We actually just got them from a House of Brides store. My sister (MOH) and I searched online for styles and we found this Bari Jay website and loved these dresses for a beach wedding. Here's the link: http://barijay.com/style.php?style=230 They have a store locator so you can put in your zip and any bridal store that carries this brand comes up! Ours were the Seamist color :)

#10874 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

You might want to try one of the 

This is my first post here and it's not a happy one, I'm sooooo upset I'm shaking right now. I have seriously been pricing out room rates for my wedding and as of early today Dreams promotional rate was still good, I have been trying unsuccessfully to reach Lorena, the wedding coordinator fir about a week and a half now, to no avail. I called long distance several times and left her several messages and even emailed. Nothing. I finally got a hold of her yesterday afternoon and let her know i was anxious to reserve my wedding date (either Aug 25 or 26 2013) and book my rooms. She told me only Aug 30 was available, I asked her to please double check. After being on hold she told me the 26th was free. I asked how I could reserve this date and rooms, I was willing to put in all the deposits required to do this. Lorena said I had to fill out several forms, I asked her if it was the ones on the website (wedding request form) and she said no, she ad to email me these forms. I told her I had sent several emails and if she could just reply to my email with the attached forms I would send them through right away. After another long hold she said she found my email and would send me the forms. Nothing received. So I'm on the reservation site showing a go the site and wanted to let her know the rate and it's $500 more for the preferred club ocean view room, and the basic room is $200 more than the previous rate I had obtained for the preferred room!!! I'm freaking out and I call the resort to explain the situation, the girl i spoke to said that even though the promotion is still on rates can change due to availability and that there's nothing she can do but that I should call reservations tomorrow. I am so upset because I have been proactive and now there's this issue due to the wedding coordinators lack of response. I'm hoping the reservations manager can honor the previous rate otherwise I don't know what I will do has anyone had to escalate any issues to upper management? If so do you ave a contact person? Thanks ladies...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#10875 Savs1027

Savs1027
        • Site Supporter
        • 458 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Rach0636 

Yeah the photographer all together with both the wedding and trash the dress took over 700 pictures so we had to get it down to about 330. We had the $1500 package which included 236 photos and we got almost 100 extra pics which cost us over $300! It's crazy how much they charge you for extra photos but I definitely thought it was something that was worth it. 

I had to pay $500 for 50 extra pics!!!! this makes me really mad because they even told us that that was a discount!

#10876 TIGERLILYODP

TIGERLILYODP
          • 122 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

[quote name="Savs1027" url="/t/47576/dreams-riviera-cancun-brides-post-here-new-thread/10710#post_1868392"]I posted this a few pages back but we did:  wedding coordinator - $100 photographer - $100  DJ - $50 Videographer - $50 Minister - $50 Mariachi - $10 each  waitstaff/bartenders - $10-$20 each (my step dad was in charge of this so I'm not sure exactly how much) I also believe he ended up giving Jorge and the food and bevarage manager $20 each but could have been more than that. They really helped us move inside when it started raining.  [/quote Thanks for your help :) x

#10877 Rach0636

Rach0636
            • 119 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Savs1027 

I had to pay $500 for 50 extra pics!!!! this makes me really mad because they even told us that that was a discount!

no way! that is crazy! Im sorry :/

#10878 Rach0636

Rach0636
              • 119 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by maribusta79 

This is my first post here and it's not a happy one, I'm sooooo upset I'm shaking right now. I have seriously been pricing out room rates for my wedding and as of early today Dreams promotional rate was still good, I have been trying unsuccessfully to reach Lorena, the wedding coordinator fir about a week and a half now, to no avail. I called long distance several times and left her several messages and even emailed. Nothing. I finally got a hold of her yesterday afternoon and let her know i was anxious to reserve my wedding date (either Aug 25 or 26 2013) and book my rooms. She told me only Aug 30 was available, I asked her to please double check. After being on hold she told me the 26th was free. I asked how I could reserve this date and rooms, I was willing to put in all the deposits required to do this. Lorena said I had to fill out several forms, I asked her if it was the ones on the website (wedding request form) and she said no, she ad to email me these forms. I told her I had sent several emails and if she could just reply to my email with the attached forms I would send them through right away. After another long hold she said she found my email and would send me the forms. Nothing received. So I'm on the reservation site showing a go the site and wanted to let her know the rate and it's $500 more for the preferred club ocean view room, and the basic room is $200 more than the previous rate I had obtained for the preferred room!!! I'm freaking out and I call the resort to explain the situation, the girl i spoke to said that even though the promotion is still on rates can change due to availability and that there's nothing she can do but that I should call reservations tomorrow. I am so upset because I have been proactive and now there's this issue due to the wedding coordinators lack of response. I'm hoping the reservations manager can honor the previous rate otherwise I don't know what I will do has anyone had to escalate any issues to upper management? If so do you ave a contact person? Thanks ladies...

That sounds super frustrating. You might of already looked into it, but I would HIGHLY recommend going through a travel agent. They do all the talking back and forth for you so you dont have to deal with anyone! Its very nice. I went through Denise Canon at Travel Concepts. Here is her website if you want to just contact her and get quoted rates from her to even just compare. http://essence.travelconceptskc.com/

She is a long time friend with everyone at the resort and ended up getting us so many upgrades complimentary! It was amazing. And depending on how many rooms you book, you get a pretty significant discount on you and the grooms total price. We ended up getting $1500 knocked off of our total bill for hotel stay just for booking 10 rooms through her. Let me know if you have any questions!

#10879 maribusta79

maribusta79
                • Site Supporter
                • 9 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

Thanks Tammy and Rach0636 - I appreciate your feedback. Today I spoke to the resort again - first the call centre then reservations, and then the weddings department. I spoke to a fantastic lady named Gabriela (Weddings Supervisor). She was extremely professional and understanding, she is going to be getting in touch with the groups team at the resort and will try to get us the best rate possible. She was so nice she even reserved our wedding date for us for a week (no deposit) while she makes arrangements on our rates :) I emailed her after we spoke and forawrded the screen shots I had taken (soooo glad I kept those), and she responded very promply. We'll see what she can do, at least things are looking up!

#10880 Dominique 161

Dominique 161
                  • 236 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

Hello Ladies!

How much have you been quoted for your bridesmaid bouquets? (or how much did you pay)

I've been quoted $60 + tax, thats including credit from the corsages

Just want to make sure im not more han i should be...

Only 8 weeks to go!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users