Originally Posted by junebridetobe
Big hello to all the brides here,
Confirmed our wedding date at the Dreams Riviera Cancun for the first week of June! Yeayy!
Looking for assistance in answering the following questions please
- What time does the sun set during the month of June? Iâ€™m thinking of having the ceremony by the gazebo but want to do it as late as possible to miss the pool/beach crowd.
- What is the latest the reception can continue until? I read 11pm and am freaking outâ€¦ what do we do after 11pm? Its too early to call it a night! Is 11pm a standard for all the venues, or are there other reception venues in the resort that have a later closing time?
- Have any of you moved the party and dancing to the beach or any where else after 11pm?
- What about off-site photographers? I heard from my travel agent that theyâ€™re not allowed, I then contacted the resort and received my â€œwedding planning formâ€ which says TWICE that I can bring my own photog for USD 150. I'm reading different things on the forum- Any comments on this?
5. Any brides use the company â€œAdventure Photoâ€ that DRC is quoting? Would you recommend them- and which package? or should I go with another vendor?
6. Any brides use Sascha Gluck as their photographer?
Ladies, thank you in advance for sharing your experiences and helping out future brides )
1. As long as the sun is up, there will be a crowd at the pool. There is no way around it. If you're getting married at the gazebo, you will definitely have onlookers. Even once it gets completely dark, there are still people in the pool. We had our reception on the pool deck and it was completely dark already and there were people in the infinity pool leaning over watching the reception. http://www.timeandda...nomy.html?n=923 Here is a good website the photographer sent me to go off of.
2. I'm pretty sure the latest they go is 11. The only other option is moving to Desires, the dance club.
5. I used Anel from Adventure Photos and she was fantastic. Here is the link to our wedding and TTD slideshow.
Hope this helps!