Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Originally Posted by Savs1027 View Post

For those of you who have already gotten married or haven't gotten married and know the answer...

Do you know how to use our free honeymoon nights? Do we have to call the hotel directly to book them or could we go through a TA? Also, do we have to use them at DRC? Or can we use them at any Dreams? 

Yes I'm already thinking about my next trip in December ;)

Sorry I mean free ANNIVERSARY nights :)

Originally Posted by Rach0636 View Post

Hey girls!!!! Just got married on 1/28/13 and it was amazing. A couple hiccups along the way but nothing major. The wedding coordinators are amazing and are so organized and on top of everything. Will write a full review when we get back on Tuesday!

Congratulations!!!  Can't wait to hear all about it.  I love when new reviews are posted, I get so many great ideas from you ladies! 

I

$300?!?!  Is that what they're telling you?!  NO!  They worked something out with Mike because I pushed and pushed and pushed.  They said he had to pay them 20% of what I paid him, which is crap.  So I am not sure what happened and I'd have to look for my invoice but I don't think I paid anything.  We told the resort that I paid Mike less than I did though!  I honestly think if we paid anything for him it was the $150... my parents covered the bill though so I am not 100% sure...definitely not $300!!  I just know they kept telling me no and I said I would have my wedding somewhere else then and then they said yes, but it was a battle.  When the day came, they helped him find my room and there was nothing to worry about, but getting them to agree was annoying.  I think since then, other brides have used him with no problem but he told me I was the first one there in a long long time.  This is getting rambley but I definitely did not pay $300.  That is absurd.  That could be a 2013 thing to keep people from using outside vendors.  I will say though, knowing how good his work is and how great he is to work with, I would probably pay the $300 if I were getting married today.   Sorry if that was confusing!!  Let me know if I can help any other way!
I have also booked Mike for August 1 and I had to fight fight fight I also told them that I would switch resorts.. Had to do the say for my photographer.. I just emailed and emailed relentlessly until they said yes and then printed the emails to take with me lol I agree it's super annoying and I refuse to pay a dime

Has anyone else been quoted prices for centerpieces and bridesmaids bouquets?  I think Savs said she paid $60 for both the centerpieces and the bridesmaids bouquets, but Lorena just quoted me $80 for the same centerpiece (MAYA 22) and $85 for a slightly different bouquet (BQT 13 - I think Savs had BQT 16, both are lilies and roses).  This trip and wedding is costing a ton at this point, so I get frustrated when it feels like they're overcharging and trying to squeeze every last dollar out of us.  Some of the charges for flowers, and to rent lights and some of the extra add-ons that they can just reuse on the next wedding, seem so high!  And don't get me started on the cost to rent the sound system.  I feel like we could buy a freaking sound system for less than we are paying to rent it for the ceremony and reception.  

Ok, end of rant :)

Big hello to all the brides here,

Confirmed our wedding date at the Dreams Riviera Cancun for the first week of June! Yeayy!

Looking for assistance in answering the following questions please :) 

1. What time does the sun set during the month of June? Iâ€m thinking of having the ceremony by the gazebo but want to do it as late as possible to miss the pool/beach crowd.
  2. What is the latest the reception can continue until? I read 11pm and am freaking out… what do we do after 11pm? Its too early to call it a night! Is 11pm a standard for all the venues, or are there other reception venues in the resort that have a later closing time?
  3. Have any of you moved the party and dancing to the beach or any where else after 11pm?
  4. What about off-site photographers? I heard from my travel agent that theyâ€re not allowed, I then contacted the resort and received my “wedding planning form†which says TWICE that I can bring my own photog for USD 150.  I'm reading different things on the forum- Any comments on this?

5. Any brides use the company “Adventure Photo†that DRC is quoting? Would you recommend them- and which package? or should I go with another vendor?

6. Any brides use Sascha Gluck as their photographer?

Ladies, thank you in advance for sharing your experiences and helping out future brides :))

xx

Confirmed our wedding date at the Dreams Riviera Cancun for the first week of June! Yeayy!

Looking for assistance in answering the following questions please :)

1. What time does the sun set during the month of June? Iâ€m thinking of having the ceremony by the gazebo but want to do it as late as possible to miss the pool/beach crowd.
  2. What is the latest the reception can continue until? I read 11pm and am freaking out… what do we do after 11pm? Its too early to call it a night! Is 11pm a standard for all the venues, or are there other reception venues in the resort that have a later closing time?
  3. Have any of you moved the party and dancing to the beach or any where else after 11pm?
  4. What about off-site photographers? I heard from my travel agent that theyâ€re not allowed, I then contacted the resort and received my “wedding planning form†which says TWICE that I can bring my own photog for USD 150. I'm reading mixed reviews, any comments on this?

5. Any brides use the company “Adventure Photo†that DRC is quoting? Would you recommend them, or should I go with another vendor?

Thank you in advance ladies for helping out future brides!!! 

xx

I hate that they charge so much for all of the little things! We are already bring our own linens since the resorts prices are ridiculous. We will have 5 tables and I need 3 pillar candles for each. I was quoted $200 for 15 candles! I guess that's something else we will need to bring now. Ugh.

Originally Posted by junebridetobe View Post

Looking for assistance in answering the following questions please :) 

4. What about off-site photographers? I heard from my travel agent that theyâ€re not allowed, I then contacted the resort and received my “wedding planning form†which says TWICE that I can bring my own photog for USD 150.  I'm reading different things on the forum- Any comments on this?

5. Any brides use the company “Adventure Photo†that DRC is quoting? Would you recommend them- and which package? or should I go with another vendor?

Ladies, thank you in advance for sharing your experiences and helping out future brides :))

xx

1. As long as the sun is up, there will be a crowd at the pool. There is no way around it. If you're getting married at the gazebo, you will definitely have onlookers. Even once it gets completely dark, there are still people in the pool. We had our reception on the pool deck and it was completely dark already and there were people in the infinity pool leaning over watching the reception.  http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=923 Here is a good website the photographer sent me to go off of. 

2. I'm pretty sure the latest they go is 11. The only other option is moving to Desires, the dance club. 

5. I used Anel from Adventure Photos and she was fantastic. Here is the link to our wedding and TTD slideshow. 

Hope this helps!