Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#10721 EmilyT

EmilyT
  • Jr. Member
  • 278 posts

    Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

    Originally Posted by loripanori 

    Hi everyone - I had posted earlier asking about flowergirl baskets...  I ended up emailing Gaby about it, and actually heard back, so I wanted to post in case it would help anyone.  She said that they will provide a basket with the petals that you can use and give back, or you can bring your own if you'd prefer.  For a flowergirl basket with rose petals, the charge is $25.

    So funny because I asked LOrena and she said NO BASKET, just the flowers lol for i believe 22$. so i was going to bring my own basket but i willl ask again because i assumed they had something! thank you.



    #10722 EmilyT

    EmilyT
    • Jr. Member
    • 278 posts

      Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

      Originally Posted by ashley822 

      Hey girls! We got back last week from DRC and had the best time! I just posted a super long review: http://www.bestdesti...pa/reviews/6846

       

      This site helped me so much during the planning process so feel free to let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to answer or help if I can!

      thank u sooo much everything seemed awesome! congratulations!!



      #10723 elsa s

      elsa s
      • Newbie
      • 72 posts

        Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

        Originally Posted by ashley822 

        Hey girls! We got back last week from DRC and had the best time! I just posted a super long review: http://www.bestdesti...pa/reviews/6846

         

        This site helped me so much during the planning process so feel free to let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to answer or help if I can!

         Thanks for the review....I'm also having my reception at the seaside grill.... Eva said I cant change the tables to round but I can put covers on the chairs and tables... so hopefully she changes the chairs for me.... Where did you and your husband sit?? Since the setting is round I'm confused as to where were going to be sitting.... 



        #10724 EmilyT

        EmilyT
        • Jr. Member
        • 278 posts

          Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

          okay now i feel horrible because Lorena emailed me and she really does have everything under control. i promised not to email her again unless its very important or a final confirmation on everything lol ;) she seems really sweet and im excited to meet her. i asked her not to kill me when i arrive for all my emails ! but i will request that for the future the brochure has all the pricing lol- i hate asking for a list of prices and then picking one thing! but anyway im putting my trust in her- she also comes to the forum which i think is great because she can see us all complaining (LOL) and helping one another and its like indirectly speaking with her haha.... anyway about the 700 for the lights- still not sure where i seen that but when i find it ill post a picture... im happy that it doesnt seem correct anyway ! but thats it- im happy she responded and i feel bad for hounding her haha... ;)



          #10725 ashley822

          ashley822
          • Site Supporter
          • 24 posts

            Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

            Originally Posted by EmilyT 

            So funny because I asked LOrena and she said NO BASKET, just the flowers lol for i believe 22$. so i was going to bring my own basket but i willl ask again because i assumed they had something! thank you.

            We were just down there and I didn't bring a flower girl basket either. I was going to email someone back home to pick one up but when I met with Gina, she pulled out a little, light colored wicker basket and some ribbon choices to match our colors and told me she would decorate it for us! She was soooo nice. Since we brought our own flowers (bouquets/bouts), we didn't get charged for the flowers that she put inside the basket (or to rent the basket either I should say). She came down to the room we were getting ready in before the ceremony and had the basket with flowers in it all ready to go! 

            Also, we did give the basket back to the wedding office the day before we left so they still have at least that one to use! They have a ton of stuff when you get down there so I know it's hard to read all these posts and actually relax beforehand, but once you get there, it will all work out and be worth it!



            #10726 ashley822

            ashley822
            • Site Supporter
            • 24 posts

              Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

              Originally Posted by elsa s 

               Thanks for the review....I'm also having my reception at the seaside grill.... Eva said I cant change the tables to round but I can put covers on the chairs and tables... so hopefully she changes the chairs for me.... Where did you and your husband sit?? Since the setting is round I'm confused as to where were going to be sitting.... 

              Hopefully she will change out the chairs for you! We just asked Gina (our coordinator) when we had our meeting with her when we got there really nicely and told he we already brought sashes and hated the brown chairs :)

              It seems like it always looks a little different, but the way they set it up for us was basically a head table in front of the dance floor (in front of the pillars inside the restaurant). We only had 2 other tables of 8 people each which were the square Seaside tables they had pushed together. These 2 tables were on the opposite side of the restaurant and outside of the pillars. Also, if you are bringing table clothes or table runners, be sure to bring extra since these tables get pretty long when they push them together. I noticed at least 2 tables runners put together on our table.

              I'm not sure if it will help, but here is a picture of the dance floor with our table in front of it (the pic was taken from one of the other tables that was outside of the pillars set up at an angle):

               

               

              I will upload our slideshow with the real photos when we get it, but we didn't have time to choose photos while we were there so we are choosing them now! :)



              #10727 EmilyT

              EmilyT
              • Jr. Member
              • 278 posts

                Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

                does anyone know the exact location of desires terrace ? i want to put it on my program but im not sure which restaurant it is outside :)



                #10728 ashley822

                ashley822
                • Site Supporter
                • 24 posts

                  Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

                  Originally Posted by EmilyT 

                  does anyone know the exact location of desires terrace ? i want to put it on my program but im not sure which restaurant it is outside :)

                  It it located up the stairs (2 sets of stairs) outside of the lobby next to the Portofino restaurant. It's above the Himitsu restaurant but most of the restaurants are in the lobby (El Patio, Bordeuax) or around the same area outside of it (the buffet, Himitsu, Portofino, Desires) so they are fairly easy to find. There will workers everywhere around to ask and if it is an event for your wedding, there will def be someone to help direct everyone!



                  #10729 Savs1027

                  Savs1027
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 458 posts

                    Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

                    Originally Posted by EmilyT 

                    okay now i feel horrible because Lorena emailed me and she really does have everything under control. i promised not to email her again unless its very important or a final confirmation on everything lol ;) she seems really sweet and im excited to meet her. i asked her not to kill me when i arrive for all my emails ! but i will request that for the future the brochure has all the pricing lol- i hate asking for a list of prices and then picking one thing! but anyway im putting my trust in her- she also comes to the forum which i think is great because she can see us all complaining (LOL) and helping one another and its like indirectly speaking with her haha.... anyway about the 700 for the lights- still not sure where i seen that but when i find it ill post a picture... im happy that it doesnt seem correct anyway ! but thats it- im happy she responded and i feel bad for hounding her haha... ;)

                    yay! so glad! Lorena is very sweet and really works to make sure you have everything you want/need!! 

                     

                    Desires Terrace I believe is the area right outside of Desires. It's upstairs and it's right by the ballrooms and the wedding office too. The italian restaurant and the japanese restaurant are up those steps as well. (someone who's been correct me if I'm wrong)



                    #10730 Savs1027

                    Savs1027
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 458 posts

                      Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

                      I don't think I ever shared these on here, but wanted to share my blog posts about the days at the resort before and after the wedding. 

                      You can see the master suite, the pools, some of the restaurants, the spa etc! 

                       

                      http://www.savanahsm...-and-day-2.html

                       

                      http://www.savanahsm...ay-3-and-4.html

                       

                      http://www.savanahsm...ay-5-and-6.html

                       

                      http://www.savanahsm...n-day-7-10.html

                       

                      If you have any questions let me know! :)






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users