Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#10631 bbbride

bbbride
  • Newbie
  • 38 posts

    Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

    Great thank you so so much!!! Couple more questions.. how many hours come with the Ultimate Package? Will I get to pick Anel for my wedding? (its not til sept 2014 -- I'm assuming they're not too booked yet)



    #10632 Savs1027

    Savs1027
    • Site Supporter
    • 458 posts

      Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Rach0636 

      Savs, I am so worried about the DJ now after hearing about your experience. I just sent him (Cesar Mauricio) my song list this past weekend and havent heard back as of yet. We leave in 2 weeks :/

       

      Question about using the microphone for the ceremony at the gazebo... did you think it was loud enough so that all the other guests as the pool can hear you? I want to make sure that im not broadcasting over the entire pool area! :)

       

      I know you said you decided to use the poles with the lanterns and LOVED them. Did you decide this while you were down there, or did you have to give them a heads up before you left?

       

      I am also not doing a cocktail hour and hoping that everyone will gather at the beach bar. The only thing I am worried about is that there are two other weddings going on that day, including one with 90 guests! and im hoping that they dont have the same idea :/ Did you notice any other weddings going on while yours was?

       

      If you have the microphones, people will be able to hear you. The gazebo isn't private at all. I'm not sure if you can see in the pictures, but there are people all around watching you. They will block people from walking through the ceremony, but there are definitely people around. But if you don't have the mic, your guests won't hear you. The beach bar is right behind the gazebo and they have music playing and people splashing in the pool, etc... I had told Lorena I wanted the bamboo poles ahead of time, but I"m not sure she got the email because it wasn't on our invoice she sent. So we told her there and it was fine. I don't think it's an issue if you decide on it there. We were lucky and had no other weddings on our day. But since there are others on your day, I would ask Lorena where their cocktail hour is. If their ceremony is at the North beach, this is pretty far from the beach bar so I wouldn't think they would do it there, but if it's at the south beach, it's right next to the beach bar so there's a chance they could be doing it there. I would just ask your wedding coordinator. Hopefully they wouldn't mind telling you.

      #10633 Savs1027

      Savs1027
      • Site Supporter
      • 458 posts

        Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by bbbride 

        Great thank you so so much!!! Couple more questions.. how many hours come with the Ultimate Package? Will I get to pick Anel for my wedding? (its not til sept 2014 -- I'm assuming they're not too booked yet)

         

        You should be able to book Anel. If you email the company she is the one who responds and you can just request her. She will let you know if she is available. I don't know the exact amount of time you get with the ultimate package, but I don't think it's very much. Maybe just the ceremony? They have separate photography packages where you get more time, more prints, albums, TTD sessions, etc.

        #10634 Rach0636

        Rach0636
        • Newbie
        • 119 posts

          Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

          Originally Posted by Savs1027 

           

          If you have the microphones, people will be able to hear you. The gazebo isn't private at all. I'm not sure if you can see in the pictures, but there are people all around watching you. They will block people from walking through the ceremony, but there are definitely people around. But if you don't have the mic, your guests won't hear you. The beach bar is right behind the gazebo and they have music playing and people splashing in the pool, etc... I had told Lorena I wanted the bamboo poles ahead of time, but I"m not sure she got the email because it wasn't on our invoice she sent. So we told her there and it was fine. I don't think it's an issue if you decide on it there. We were lucky and had no other weddings on our day. But since there are others on your day, I would ask Lorena where their cocktail hour is. If their ceremony is at the North beach, this is pretty far from the beach bar so I wouldn't think they would do it there, but if it's at the south beach, it's right next to the beach bar so there's a chance they could be doing it there. I would just ask your wedding coordinator. Hopefully they wouldn't mind telling you.

          Yeah I did notice in your pictures all the people in the background. I don't care too much about that I just dont know if I want the whole pool area hearing my vows :)

           

          Thank you so much for your help!



          #10635 kellykellz

          kellykellz
          • Newbie
          • 83 posts

            Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

            Originally Posted by sunshinewine77 

            Hello Ladies!

             

            We got back from our wedding/honeymoon about 10 days ago and I finally got around to posting a review of DRC, where we got married on December 7th. The review is under the resort reviews section on this site. Everyone was so helpful on this forum, I really appreciated the advice, tips, etc. Thank you!! Like other recent brides on this forum, I'm happy to answer any questions- we had a small (20 people) wedding and didn't want to spend tons of money but have a nice and sophisticated beach wedding. And we planned all of it in less than six months all while undergoing a house renovation, leasing my house out, moving and being out of town for about a quarter of that time! ;-) 

             

            Wendy Hicks with Wright Travel handled our reservations and travel for us and our guests and was fantastic. Couldn't have pulled this off without her! At the resort, we used Anel and she was great! Here is our slideshow: http://061212jekauc....om.mx/#/jekauc/

             

            Want to also say 'hi' to Kelly (KellyKellz) - it was so nice meeting you and Matt!! Hope you had a great rest of your honeymoon! :-)))

             

            And just to reassure future brides- as other brides have said- do not worry, you are in great hands at DRC!!

             

            Happy New Year!

             

            Kelly

            Hi Kelly! It was really awesome to meet you! I LOVE your slide show! You looked gorgeous! Hope you had a nice honeymoon! I saw your mother in law before we left. She said that you 2 went to another resort. If you are ever in Glen Allen, let me know! :-) 



            #10636 kellykellz

            kellykellz
            • Newbie
            • 83 posts

              Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

              Originally Posted by Dominique 161 

              Can anyone help me..

               

              Im thinking of using the Mexican Trio for the Ceremony, will i still need to hire the sound system so are guests can hear us?

              Yes, you should use the sound system so your guests can hear you! I had the Mexican Trio for the Ceremony and it was awesome! I would not have had it any other way! :-) 



              #10637 Matt Adcock

              Matt Adcock
              • Vendor
              • 1,243 posts

                Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

                Hi Ladies,


                We've seen many weddings at the Gazebo (which we love) but have you ever wondered what a beach wedding looks like at the Dreams Riviera Cancun? Here are some pics and ideas for those interest in this option:

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                Ceremony:Beach

                Reception: Beach Terrace

                Guests:60

                Wedding Coordinator: Gina

                Full Slideshow: http://delsolphotogr...leries/?gal=856

                Photos by: Juan Jose, del Sol Photography

                 

                Hope you enjoy!!

                 

                Best wishes to all of you.



                #10638 bbbride

                bbbride
                • Newbie
                • 38 posts

                  Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

                  I just got an email from Adventure Photos telling me the Ultimate Package covers the ceremony and a 15 minute photo session after and thats it?? Is that correct??

                   

                  Can anyone tell me if there is a fee for bringing in an outside photographer? I can use the money allotted in the package for the photog elsewhere for extra food or something etc.. correct??



                  #10639 Savs1027

                  Savs1027
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 458 posts

                    Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

                    yes that's correct. And it only includes 50 photos. You have to buy a separate photo package. The photo packages for adventure photos are pretty cheap in my opinion for what you get. For the coverage we got and the quality of the photos we got, we would have paid alot more in the US. Here is a link to our slideshow that Anel did for us a few weeks ago. http://171212ryan.dr...rephotos.com.mx

                     

                    They don't let you switch out between things in the package unless it's the same type of thing. Like you can use cocktail hour money towards dinner, and bouquet money towards centerpieces, but not photographry to food. 

                     

                    Originally Posted by bbbride 

                    I just got an email from Adventure Photos telling me the Ultimate Package covers the ceremony and a 15 minute photo session after and thats it?? Is that correct??

                     

                    Can anyone tell me if there is a fee for bringing in an outside photographer? I can use the money allotted in the package for the photog elsewhere for extra food or something etc.. correct??



                    #10640 bbbride

                    bbbride
                    • Newbie
                    • 38 posts

                      Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

                      Originally Posted by Savs1027 

                      yes that's correct. And it only includes 50 photos. You have to buy a separate photo package. The photo packages for adventure photos are pretty cheap in my opinion for what you get. For the coverage we got and the quality of the photos we got, we would have paid alot more in the US. Here is a link to our slideshow that Anel did for us a few weeks ago. http://171212ryan.dr...rephotos.com.mx

                       

                      They don't let you switch out between things in the package unless it's the same type of thing. Like you can use cocktail hour money towards dinner, and bouquet money towards centerpieces, but not photographry to food. 

                       

                       



                      Thank you so much! you have been my life saver today answering my questions! You were a gorgeous bride!! I definitely think I want Anel. I've heard she's the best and your shots are beautiful! Thank you for sharing your slideshow it was nice to be able to match her work to your photos.






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users