Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#10461 Rach0636

Rach0636
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

Also, anyone that is ordering bouquets for their bridesmaids, do you know how much you are paying for each one? Im trying to decide if it is worth it or not, because it seems like any extras are so expensive.

#10462 Savs1027

Savs1027
    • Site Supporter
    • 458 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by TIGERLILYODP 

savs sorry got them the wrong way round on my message...cant have the pool deck ...the one with the infinity pool in the background

Ok, i'm really confused about this. I was never told anything about having a certain amount of people. We have 35 ppl including my fiance and I and they said it was ok. Maybe it's something new they are doing?

Or maybe it has to do with the season? There aren't many weddings right now so maybe that's why they said we could have it.

#10463 Savs1027

Savs1027
      • Site Supporter
      • 458 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Rach0636 

Is anyone else adding an extra hour on to their reception? I was quoted an extra $1,000 for an hour for 20 people!!!!

we aren't! I had considered it then figured an extra $300 for an hour of the DJ plus the extra per person for the open bar, it just wasn't worth it! Our reception is over at 8:30 so we plan on just going to Desires :)

#10464 Savs1027

Savs1027
        • Site Supporter
        • 458 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

Also, anyone that is ordering bouquets for their bridesmaids, do you know how much you are paying for each one? Im trying to decide if it is worth it or not, because it seems like any extras are so expensive.

Mine are $60

But, Eva quoted me wrong in the beginning and Lorena told me later on that they were I think $85. I sent her the email Eva had sent me and they said they would honor the price.

Our bouquets are the very last one in the bouquet catalog (the bright colored one with oranges, pinks and yellows)

#10465 Rach0636

Rach0636
          • 119 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Savs1027 

we aren't! I had considered it then figured an extra $300 for an hour of the DJ plus the extra per person for the open bar, it just wasn't worth it! Our reception is over at 8:30 so we plan on just going to Desires :)

I know that is the alternative option. Its insane how much they are charging for some things....

#10466 Rach0636

Rach0636
            • 119 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Savs1027 

Ok, i'm really confused about this. I was never told anything about having a certain amount of people. We have 35 ppl including my fiance and I and they said it was ok. Maybe it's something new they are doing?

Or maybe it has to do with the season? There aren't many weddings right now so maybe that's why they said we could have it.

We only have 26 ppl and have the pool desk confirmed....

#10467 Rach0636

Rach0636
              • 119 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

We only have 26 ppl and have the pool desk confirmed....

pool deck!

#10468 Nicole2013

Nicole2013
                • 24 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

pool deck!

Yeah I'm having 40 and they told me I have to have 60 for the pool deck.  So now I have to have the terrace.  They said if there is no other wedding that day that I can have the location.

#10469 Savs1027

Savs1027
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 458 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

I'm starting to really freak out about the packing and going through customs!!! I thought I had it all under control but I'm starting to worry. I gave my mom a bunch of stuff to put in their suitcases and to split between 4 people, but I think my fiance and I still have over $300 each!! I really hope they don't stop us! 

Anyone who's already gotten married have any insight? 

#10470 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
                    • 3,074 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

hola Savs 1027 - big breath :).......even if you should happen to be stopped + checked by customs, it should all be ok if you can explain that the items you're bringing are for your own personal use at your wedding - and you're not planning to sell them in Mexico! I've found that's their main concern - that you're not selling stuff in Mexico and competing with local sellers.

That being said, it IS Mexico, so what Should happen isn't always guaranteed to actually happen........still, chances are in your favor, and if you remain polite + persistent in your position, you'll be fine :)

It'd be great if you let everyone here at the forum know how you make out clearing customs.......we'd all love to hear your story !

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)