Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#10441 EmilyT

EmilyT
  • 278 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

are there any march brides out there ? i am getting married march 1st and i went from stressing to not stressing, and now back to stressing. with the holidays here now and the hurricane here in ny i feel like i lost a lot of valuable time with planning and its really catching up to me.

i am not even sure what exactly should be my main focus now and im starting to panic i emailed lorena 3 weeks ago and have not heard back lol i feel like i started out very organized and now im a lost puppy lol i am grateful for the positive reviews however because i am trying to follow your advice of not stressing LOL thanx girls

#10442 Savs1027

Savs1027
    • Site Supporter
    • 458 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by desireemalia 

Does anyone know if they allow glitter or confetti? I wanted to use it for my send off after the reception. Thanks!

I don't think so. I think it all has to do with being an eco-friendly hotel. I know they don't allow fake petals for anything. 

Although, glitter and confetti would look so cool in pictures!!

#10443 Rach0636

Rach0636
      • 119 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Savs1027 

Here is Linda's info:

LINDA VARGAS AGUILERA <aguilera07_50@hotmail.com>

We scheduled a rehearsal with Lorena and I asked Linda if she could come so she is coming to the rehearsal and we are meeting with ther 30 minutes before the rehearsal to pick exactly how we want the ceremony to go. 

As far as the extra table goes, I am hoping they give us a few extra tables for decorations. I have a lot of pictures I want to display as well as our "guestbook" (it's a print that people are signing). 

Hope this helps a little bit!

Thank you so much that is helpful. I will email Linda. Do you know if she is good about getting back to you through email?

Are you bringing down any of your table decorations? Do you know the table size?

#10444 Savs1027

Savs1027
        • Site Supporter
        • 458 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Rach0636 

Thank you so much that is helpful. I will email Linda. Do you know if she is good about getting back to you through email?

Are you bringing down any of your table decorations? Do you know the table size?

Yes, most of the time she responded the same day! I just emailed her again this morning to confirm everything since we're leaving Thursday so hopefully it's the same as it was a few months ago :)

Yes, I am bringing table decorations. I am bringing table overlays, pink tealight lantern things and a framed engagement picture for every dinner table. (we are using the hotel flowers as the main centerpiece though). Then I have some other decorations for the cake table, guest book table, etc. I found the table size somewhere on this forum but I don't really remember what it is.

I ordered these table overlays to go over the white table cloths:

http://weddinglinens...emorovja91.html

And I also bought the chair sashes to match.

Hope this helps :)

#10445 TIGERLILYODP

TIGERLILYODP
          • 122 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:42 AM

Hi do they not allow fake petals? what could i use instead for the flower girls to scatter? i dont want real petals  :(

#10446 Rach0636

Rach0636
            • 119 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by TIGERLILYODP 

Hi do they not allow fake petals? what could i use instead for the flower girls to scatter? i dont want real petals  :(

Yeah I was kind of frustrated when I was told that they dont allow fake petals. I dont really understand it because they would be so simple to pick up.

#10447 TIGERLILYODP

TIGERLILYODP
              • 122 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

Hi Rach ....im stuck now as to what to use .I thought they would look so pretty.Im unsure about my wedding now in mexico everything seems so complicated and im not allowed certain things feel a little down in the dumps with it all...

#10448 TIGERLILYODP

TIGERLILYODP
                • 122 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

just found this on the internet......

The tradition of throwing confetti has been carried on down the ages from rice and grains through to paper shapes and silver stars all to mean good luck and good fortune to the newly weds. But now, how romantic and glamorous it is, to throw beautiful real rose petals instead, and especially our freeze- dried ones. They are completely eco friendly and are 100% biodegradable.
                  Browse our new range of Preserved petals roses for those unusual or hard to find colours.

#10449 TIGERLILYODP

TIGERLILYODP
                  • 122 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

freeze dried ones!! they cant say no to these as they are eco friendly :0)

#10450 Rach0636

Rach0636
                    • 119 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by TIGERLILYODP 

freeze dried ones!! they cant say no to these as they are eco friendly :0)

good idea!! Let me know if you hear that we are allowed to use those

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users