Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#10401 Dominique 161

Dominique 161
  • Jr. Member
  • 236 posts

    Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

    Originally Posted by Kthorpe 

    Could you please clarify when you say that the DJ for the ceremony isnt extra.  I was told it is 300 per hour, which seems a bit pricy!

     

    You have to rent the Sound System for the ceremony for $180 (+11%)  then you can ask your DJ to be your sound techician at no extra cost



    #10402 RobynKelly

    RobynKelly
    • Newbie
    • 51 posts

      Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

      Originally Posted by Dominique 161 

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Kthorpe 

      Could you please clarify when you say that the DJ for the ceremony isnt extra.  I was told it is 300 per hour, which seems a bit pricy!

       

      You have to rent the Sound System for the ceremony for $180 (+11%)  then you can ask your DJ to be your sound techician at no extra cost

      has anyone got an email for DJ Mauricio? we have tried 2 different emails but are not getting a response from either? we want to book him for our reception, thanks



      #10403 Dominique 161

      Dominique 161
      • Jr. Member
      • 236 posts

        Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:18 AM

        Originally Posted by RobynKelly 

        has anyone got an email for DJ Mauricio? we have tried 2 different emails but are not getting a response from either? we want to book him for our reception, thanks

         

        visualsound2010@hotmail.com



        #10404 Savs1027

        Savs1027
        • Site Supporter
        • 458 posts

          Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

          Originally Posted by RobynKelly 

          has anyone got an email for DJ Mauricio? we have tried 2 different emails but are not getting a response from either? we want to book him for our reception, thanks


          I was about to ask the same thing!!! We leave next Thursday and I've emailed him twice over the 3 weeks and haven't gotten any response. We have him booked, but I sent him our song list and now I have no idea if he got it or what!!! This is my one and only worry right now because he is doing our ceremony too!!!



          #10405 Savs1027

          Savs1027
          • Site Supporter
          • 458 posts

            Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

            For those of you who have already gotten married (or who haven't and know the answer):

             

            Do we get the Dreams Eternity Honeymoon Package along with your wedding package if you book the preferred club for 7 nights or more?

            Just wondering if we're going to be getting the dinner on the beach and extra spa treatments :)



            #10406 T454

            T454
            • Newbie
            • 17 posts

              Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

              A week from tomorrow I will be on the beach at DRC getting married to my soul mate. <3 12/12/12 <3   We leave on Saturday and I am so excited.  Hope I have everything. 



              #10407 Savs1027

              Savs1027
              • Site Supporter
              • 458 posts

                Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

                Originally Posted by T454 

                A week from tomorrow I will be on the beach at DRC getting married to my soul mate. <3 12/12/12 <3   We leave on Saturday and I am so excited.  Hope I have everything. 


                YAY!!!! We leave a week from Thursday and getting married on the 17th!!!  How long are you going to be there??? We'll probably run in to you! :)



                #10408 MCree

                MCree
                • Jr. Member
                • 276 posts

                  Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

                  I was married at dreams this past Saturday! Once we get back from our honeymoon, I will write a thorough review!  Like everyone else, just wanted to let all of you ladies know that your day will be taken care of once you are here!  Although we had some minor hiccups along the way, our wedding day was amazing!!! We had 27 guests including us, and we were married at north beach at 330, with our cocktail hr at north jacuzzi at 5 and our reception on pool deck at 6-I would def recemmend this spot for the reception!!!  I watched several other weddings and although the cocktail hr location was just okay, I feel comfortable in saying twe could not have picked better locations for our ceremony and reception! I was especially impressed with Anel, Dj Mauricio with Visual Sounds, the waitors at our reception, and Linda the minister! Our reception was a blast . . . I wouldnt change a thing here! I read a few of you questioning about the dj. His email is visualsound2010@hotmail.com.  If you have the DJ we used, I feel safe in telling future brides not to worry about choosing reception music ahead of time like I tried to do. Trust me, he feeds off of your crowd and kept every guest on the dance floor all night. Everyone had a blast-even the waitors danced with our group, and i feel like I owe it all to the djs!  I will try to get back on here if any brides getting married these next two weeks have any specific questions!  Good luck to all of you future brides! :)



                  #10409 Savs1027

                  Savs1027
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 458 posts

                    Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

                    asdfadfadfOriginally Posted by MCree 

                    I was married at dreams this past Saturday! Once we get back from our honeymoon, I will write a thorough review!  Like everyone else, just wanted to let all of you ladies know that your day will be taken care of once you are here!  Although we had some minor hiccups along the way, our wedding day was amazing!!! We had 27 guests including us, and we were married at north beach at 330, with our cocktail hr at north jacuzzi at 5 and our reception on pool deck at 6-I would def recemmend this spot for the reception!!!  I watched several other weddings and although the cocktail hr location was just okay, I feel comfortable in saying twe could not have picked better locations for our ceremony and reception! I was especially impressed with Anel, Dj Mauricio with Visual Sounds, the waitors at our reception, and Linda the minister! Our reception was a blast . . . I wouldnt change a thing here! I read a few of you questioning about the dj. His email is visualsound2010@hotmail.com.  If you have the DJ we used, I feel safe in telling future brides not to worry about choosing reception music ahead of time like I tried to do. Trust me, he feeds off of your crowd and kept every guest on the dance floor all night. Everyone had a blast-even the waitors danced with our group, and i feel like I owe it all to the djs!  I will try to get back on here if any brides getting married these next two weeks have any specific questions!  Good luck to all of you future brides! :)

                     

                    Thank you for posting this!!! I can't wait to hear your review and see your pictures :) 

                     

                    My concern with the DJ isn't the reception, but the ceremony. Did he do your ceremony? I honestly don't care about the music at the reception because I know, like you said, he'll keep the party going! But, there are certain songs I want for the ceremony and I have no idea if he got my song list or not!! :( Trying not to stress about it! Have fun on your honeymoon and share all about your trip when you get back!!!



                    #10410 MCree

                    MCree
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 276 posts

                      Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

                      Originally Posted by Savs1027 

                       

                      Thank you for posting this!!! I can't wait to hear your review and see your pictures :) 

                       

                      My concern with the DJ isn't the reception, but the ceremony. Did he do your ceremony? I honestly don't care about the music at the reception because I know, like you said, he'll keep the party going! But, there are certain songs I want for the ceremony and I have no idea if he got my song list or not!! :( Trying not to stress about it! Have fun on your honeymoon and share all about your trip when you get back!!!

                       

                      I asked him to work my sound equipment for ceremony too, and my guests said it went flawlessly!  We had a meeting once I was down there.  I just asked gina if i could meet with him during she and I's meeting once there since i hadnt communicated with him much over email, and we were able to schedule to meet with him the next day. He took our cd with ceremony songs and even downloaded a song or two that i wanted but couldnt find on itunes for my ceremony because it was instrumental. He  made a list with my very specific ceremony song/when to play and what not requests during meeting and nailed everything the next day!  He was very thorough and I had nothing but faith in him even after our meeting!  He was the most throrugh vendor i worked with during wedding process meetings.  :)






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users