Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#9991 EmilyT

EmilyT
  • 278 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:39 AM

This is off the DRC topic but did you girls spend a lot on inivitations ? ppl already starting booking their flights and hotel and didnt get invitations yet. i picked out some invitations thats i just need to finalize but i think im spending a little too much since they are almost not necessary.

also i have some people who i know 100% are not coming, do they still get invitations ? they told me after the save the dates that they cannot come ..... im just curious what everyone else did !?!

#9992 Laurbee03

Laurbee03
    • 27 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by EmilyT 

This is off the DRC topic but did you girls spend a lot on inivitations ? ppl already starting booking their flights and hotel and didnt get invitations yet. i picked out some invitations thats i just need to finalize but i think im spending a little too much since they are almost not necessary.

also i have some people who i know 100% are not coming, do they still get invitations ? they told me after the save the dates that they cannot come ..... im just curious what everyone else did !?!

I went a little above and beyond on my invitations. Being as it was something I could pick out here in the states and control, I spent over $1500 for 80 invites :/. I sent them to people who I knew or thought wasnt going becuase my mom told me it was only proper to send one to everyone who got a save the date. Kinda silly though.

#9993 RollerBride

RollerBride
      • 204 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:58 AM

Here is the link to our invitations:

http://www.bestdesti...ns#post_1788091

We spent approx $380 on 75 invitations and 50 thank you cards combined (envelopes included). We sent invites to everyone that got and STD, even if we knew they weren't coming.

Kip & Kate

August 4, 2012

Dreams Riviera Cancun

www.kipandkateswedding.com

30 guests

#9994 EmilyT

EmilyT
        • 278 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

thanx for the invitation info.. mine are costing about 700-800 for 80 depending on the printing of the addresses on the envelopes and they are very cute.. im going with a palm leaf as the decor because its elegant yet beachy. if i get a chance ill post a pic ;)

#9995 Rach0636

Rach0636
          • 119 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

HEY GIRLS,

I just fwd the email from Lorena to me to you guys... i think i sent it to 5 or 6 of you, so if  i missed someone just send me your email again. Its the whole email she wrote me, I figured that would help you guys.... obviously some of it only pertains to my wedding and it even includes our credit card confirmation lol but just ignore that. im glad I helped :) My email is EmilyTodaro@Yahoo.com

also about Fantasy Island.... id love more info on it if anyone has chosen it, if its just a set up around the pool I wonder what it is thats costing the xtra money ???

and about the lounge furniture on the beach i do believe the cost is 1500..  but if you look at my attachments when they show the " south beach " option for the cocktail hour they dont show an extra cost, but other pictures do show the extra cost so maybe they have changed their minds ? hmm i guess we shall see! also notice "desires terrace" is not listed as an option so I guess thats not so easy to get!

Emily, can you send it to me? Its Rach0636@aol.com. Thank you!!!

#9996 EmilyT

EmilyT
            • 278 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

can anyone share info on where their grooms bought their attire ? i really want mine to wear a khaki colored suit.. and for the groomsmen to do something simple like the khaki pants and white button-downs... just curious where we should start looking ? also of course my son will be in a matching suit to his daddy ;) my dress is ivory though so should the guys wear off white shirts ? hmmm

#9997 sunshinewine77

sunshinewine77
              • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:21 AM

Hi Emily!

I'm a newbie here, getting married December 7th at DRC- will you send me the attachments too? My email is kelly@jekauc.com.  

To answer your question about invitations, I just ordered mine through an etsy company- 75 for $450. I've been researching for the past 3 weeks and many of the invitations I was considering ran between $350-$475 for 75. That included invitation, info card, envelope liners, return addressing and guest addressing. Hope that helps!

Excited to hear about everyone's planning!

Thanks,

Kelly

#9998 Mariposaazul

Mariposaazul
                • Site Supporter
                • 52 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

Things add up quick for me, I knew were I wanted to spend my money. Outside photographer, wonderful welcome bag, rehersal dinner, etc, invitations was not one of those areas were I wanted to spend. I bought mine at Michaels for the wonderful price of $19 and printed them myself. They had a pocket, matching envelop and RSVP. I send an online save the date and mail out 40 invitations. So basicially its up to you how fancy and how much money you want to spend.

#9999 danicurl329

danicurl329
                  • 13 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by beachbaby12812 View Post

Emily, you are a life saver!!!! Thank you so much for posting these!!!  

would you email them to me it won't let me download them. Thanks 

danielle_tennant@yahoo.com

#10000 beachbaby12812

beachbaby12812
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 12 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by danicurl329 

would you email them to me it won't let me download them. Thanks 

danielle_tennant@yahoo.com

Hi Danielle, just forwarded them to you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users