Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by aimeelaco28 View Post

 

 

Hi Rach0636!

 

I bought it at JCPenny for $45.00!

Thank you! I never thought of buying a different dress to wear for the "trash the dress" session, because I really didnt want to trash my expensive wedding dress! Thanks for the idea :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by AshMarie View Post

 

Hi guys, My wedding is quickly approaching and I still haven't chosen my flowers. I'm trying to choose a bouquet from the catalog and also match the bridesmaids bouquets. They have turquoise dresses and I was thinking of a bright pink flower but wanted it to match my bouquet asnwell. Any suggestions?? I was going to go with fuscia orchids for the bridesmaids and have mine be white, but since it was not an included bridal bouquet it was going to be like $250, wo I decided to choose one from the catalog. I don't know if you can pick a bouquet from the catalog and change any of the colors in it or what? Any advice would be helpful !!

 

 

My suggestion would be if you have a picture of a bouquet you like and would like them to recreate for you, send them a picutre and they will tell you the cost over and above what you are allowed.  Or if you send them an idea of a bouquet and tell them you would like it to be in the price range allowed for the bouquet included in the package.  This allows you to not have to pick something from the catalog that you don't really like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by AshMarie View Post

 

Hi guys, My wedding is quickly approaching and I still haven't chosen my flowers. I'm trying to choose a bouquet from the catalog and also match the bridesmaids bouquets. They have turquoise dresses and I was thinking of a bright pink flower but wanted it to match my bouquet asnwell. Any suggestions?? I was going to go with fuscia orchids for the bridesmaids and have mine be white, but since it was not an included bridal bouquet it was going to be like $250, wo I decided to choose one from the catalog. I don't know if you can pick a bouquet from the catalog and change any of the colors in it or what? Any advice would be helpful !!

Yup, you can change the colors! My bridesmaid dresses are teal/turquoise as well and we're doing the last bouquet in the catalog except with less yellow/green and more pink. I'm doing the same bouquet for the bridesmaids, just smaller and the bigger one like that for me. 

I asked Lorena about it and told her what I wanted and she said that was perfectly fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 They are pretty flexible with the flowers. I have not requested different colors for my bouquets, but I did request certain color petals for my flower girl as well as my centerpieces and they have told me it would not be a problem. The colors I am requesting are turquoise blue and light yellow.

 

Originally Posted by yacki62 View Post

 

 

My suggestion would be if you have a picture of a bouquet you like and would like them to recreate for you, send them a picutre and they will tell you the cost over and above what you are allowed.  Or if you send them an idea of a bouquet and tell them you would like it to be in the price range allowed for the bouquet included in the package.  This allows you to not have to pick something from the catalog that you don't really like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey girls so i have a few questions that i cant seem to get answers too.. maybe you can help..

 

 

chair bows: i cant really see paying $5 per bow when i looked on amazon.com and they have them for less than $1 each. Are most of you ordering your own sashes and bringing them down with you ? Is there a fee for them to put them on which basically makes it cost the same amount anyway ? please help ;)

 

shoes: im having my ceremony on the beach... so im assuming ill be wearing sandals ? I love heels so im getting a pair for the deck reception anyway to wear for a little and for some pics... but is the runway hard enough to wear heels on or should i find really dressy white snadals ?

 

flowers: how much about are you guys spending on your bridesmaids bouquets ? mine is included in the ultimate package but i dont want to spend a fortune on flowers.. i think i saw in the catalog that bouquets are at least 60$ ea ? is there any way around this ?

 

spa: does anyone know about how much it will cost for the bridesmaids to get their hair done at the salon ?

 

centerpieces : i have the pictures of the centerpieces but there aren't prices next to them so I am not sure how much any of them are... are most of you bringing your own or have any idea about how much the cost of the ones in the catalog are ? this is another thing i dont want to spend a fortune on!

 

I don't want to spend on my destination wedding what I would have spent at home LOL so i am trying to figure out where I don't need to go crazy.. any help with any of these questions would be very helpful!

 

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by EmilyT View Post

 

hey girls so i have a few questions that i cant seem to get answers too.. maybe you can help..

 

 

chair bows: i cant really see paying $5 per bow when i looked on amazon.com and they have them for less than $1 each. Are most of you ordering your own sashes and bringing them down with you ? Is there a fee for them to put them on which basically makes it cost the same amount anyway ? please help ;)

 

shoes: im having my ceremony on the beach... so im assuming ill be wearing sandals ? I love heels so im getting a pair for the deck reception anyway to wear for a little and for some pics... but is the runway hard enough to wear heels on or should i find really dressy white snadals ?

 

flowers: how much about are you guys spending on your bridesmaids bouquets ? mine is included in the ultimate package but i dont want to spend a fortune on flowers.. i think i saw in the catalog that bouquets are at least 60$ ea ? is there any way around this ?

 

spa: does anyone know about how much it will cost for the bridesmaids to get their hair done at the salon ?

 

centerpieces : i have the pictures of the centerpieces but there aren't prices next to them so I am not sure how much any of them are... are most of you bringing your own or have any idea about how much the cost of the ones in the catalog are ? this is another thing i dont want to spend a fortune on!

 

I don't want to spend on my destination wedding what I would have spent at home LOL so i am trying to figure out where I don't need to go crazy.. any help with any of these questions would be very helpful!

 

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From what I've gathered from my emails from Lorena, they do not charge you to put on the chair sashes or table clothes. You can bring those yourself and they will do that for free. I asked about doing decoration for the gazebo though and she said it would cost is $600 even if you bring your own fabric. WHA??? I think I'll do without the fabric :) 

 

I don't have an answer for the bridesmaid bouquets, but the centerpieces are relatively decently priced in my opinion. And a lot easier than bringing all of my own stuff down. I didn't ask her about all of them but I asked her about a few so you can get an idea. 

Maya 22 - $60

Maya 24 - $85

Maya 33 - $80 

I told her I wanted the flowers in those centerpieces to match bouquet #16 (the bouquet I'm getting) and she said that was fine and gave me those prices. We are going to go with Maya 22 with hot pink flowers instead of the light pink. I really like the orange flower coming out of it (whatever that's called!) and it's in the bouquet #16 too. I think we won't have any more than 5 tables so that'll be about $300. To me, that's worth it to not have to worry about customs and extra suitcases and stuff. We are bringing sheer organza table overlays in teal, teal chair ties, and also 3 hot pink small glass candle holders for each table. We will probably add a picture frame in teal or hot pink with one of our engagement pictures to the centerpiece as well. 

 

I'm not sure about the spa... I think I saw the prices though on the Dreams Brides Facebook page? You could look there. I know people here have their email address though so you can make your appt. 

 

And if I were having my ceremony on the beach I would go barefoot :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the email to the spa:

spa.drerc@dreamsresorts.com

 

I haven't had any luck getting in touch with them at all yet! I do know that if you have the amount of the bridesmaids hair billed to the brides room, they will give you 10-20% off (not sure which one is it), which will help a little! Then you can have your bridesmaids pay you, or they can just go to the front desk and pay the bill to your room.

 

For the bouquets, im thinking about making my own bridesmaids bouquets (with the bridesmaids help!) with fake flowers. It just seems like so much extra to pay for their bouquets, especially if they will only be used for such a short time.

 

I do know that they don't charge to set up any decorations that you bring yourself, but I have been warned to be very specific when giving them any instructions on how you want them set up :) Im bringing down my own chair bows as well.

 

Savs, do you know what size the round reception tables are exactly?

 

I know what you mean about spending so much! I too thought that I would be saving so much when deciding to do a destination wedding, but it doesnt look like that will be the case! At least it will be more memorable and fun :)

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savs1027 View Post

From what I've gathered from my emails from Lorena, they do not charge you to put on the chair sashes or table clothes. You can bring those yourself and they will do that for free. I asked about doing decoration for the gazebo though and she said it would cost is $600 even if you bring your own fabric. WHA??? I think I'll do without the fabric :) 

 

I don't have an answer for the bridesmaid bouquets, but the centerpieces are relatively decently priced in my opinion. And a lot easier than bringing all of my own stuff down. I didn't ask her about all of them but I asked her about a few so you can get an idea. 

Maya 22 - $60

Maya 24 - $85

Maya 33 - $80 

I told her I wanted the flowers in those centerpieces to match bouquet #16 (the bouquet I'm getting) and she said that was fine and gave me those prices. We are going to go with Maya 22 with hot pink flowers instead of the light pink. I really like the orange flower coming out of it (whatever that's called!) and it's in the bouquet #16 too. I think we won't have any more than 5 tables so that'll be about $300. To me, that's worth it to not have to worry about customs and extra suitcases and stuff. We are bringing sheer organza table overlays in teal, teal chair ties, and also 3 hot pink small glass candle holders for each table. We will probably add a picture frame in teal or hot pink with one of our engagement pictures to the centerpiece as well. 

 

I'm not sure about the spa... I think I saw the prices though on the Dreams Brides Facebook page? You could look there. I know people here have their email address though so you can make your appt. 

 

And if I were having my ceremony on the beach I would go barefoot :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I'll try to help the best I can by sharing my experience.

 

I got my chair sashes from Weddinglinensdirect.com. I spent about $40-50 total with S&H. I thought about getting overlays or runners also, but just didn't find it necessary. i might get some fake petals or beads to sprinkle on the table. still not sure yet.

 

Shoes. I'll be barefoot for the ceremony and probably for most of the reception too. In case I need something, i got these cute little flip flop/sandals. they are just my style:

http://www.zappos.com/volcom-check-list-white

 

flowers: i only have my MOH, so I didn't stress too much about having to pay $60 for her bouquet. I know some brides on here have brought their own. One recently posted pictures of her wedding and she used some sort of "real touch" fake flower and they looked INCREDIBLE!!! Maybe try searching the entire BDW site for DIY bouquets for ideas?

 

Spa: it is costing me $120 for hair and makeup for my MOH at the spa. That is the cost with tax. I forget the breakdown for the actual cost of the hair and the make up seperately. I'm sorry. But if you are purchasing a wedding package, you are entitled to 15% off spa services, so it should really cost me $102, but i will have to tip so i will most likely spend the $120 anyway :)

 

Centerpieces: They start at $80/each i think. I chose Maya23. That one is $80. plus 11%tax

 

I hope this helps :)

 

 

Originally Posted by EmilyT View Post

hey girls so i have a few questions that i cant seem to get answers too.. maybe you can help..

 

 

chair bows: i cant really see paying $5 per bow when i looked on amazon.com and they have them for less than $1 each. Are most of you ordering your own sashes and bringing them down with you ? Is there a fee for them to put them on which basically makes it cost the same amount anyway ? please help ;)

 

shoes: im having my ceremony on the beach... so im assuming ill be wearing sandals ? I love heels so im getting a pair for the deck reception anyway to wear for a little and for some pics... but is the runway hard enough to wear heels on or should i find really dressy white snadals ?

 

flowers: how much about are you guys spending on your bridesmaids bouquets ? mine is included in the ultimate package but i dont want to spend a fortune on flowers.. i think i saw in the catalog that bouquets are at least 60$ ea ? is there any way around this ?

 

spa: does anyone know about how much it will cost for the bridesmaids to get their hair done at the salon ?

 

centerpieces : i have the pictures of the centerpieces but there aren't prices next to them so I am not sure how much any of them are... are most of you bringing your own or have any idea about how much the cost of the ones in the catalog are ? this is another thing i dont want to spend a fortune on!

 

I don't want to spend on my destination wedding what I would have spent at home LOL so i am trying to figure out where I don't need to go crazy.. any help with any of these questions would be very helpful!

 

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats! My wedding is 1/28/2013! :) If I were you, since there is less than 6 months left, I would decide on the important things first, which in my opinion would be the locations (Ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception), and to contact the photographer and DJ to book your date (whether you choose to use through the hotel or outside the hotel). Also, I am using a travel agent and have been told that January and February are peak times so the hotel will book completely, so if you are having guests, make sure they reserve their rooms asap. I have already held 13 rooms. Below are the DJ and photographer's emails if you decide to use the ones that the hotel provides.

 

DJ: visualsound2010@hotmail.com (awesome response time)

Photographer: drercphoto@vallarta-adventures.com (not so awesome response time)

Originally Posted by liua View Post

Hi Ladies,

 

Iâ€m new to this forum and in the process of reading through all the posts. I found a lot the good information and useful tips. We just booked our wedding for January 6TH, 2013 at DRC. Lorena will be our wedding coordinator. The email seems like taking forever to get through, and Iâ€m anxious to waiting on reply. With less than 6 months Iâ€m nervous that I donâ€t get many things done. Does anyone have a schedule or to do list that I could use as reference. I really want to know when we should confirm the ceremony location, reception location etc. Any suggestion would be awesome.

 

Happy planning all!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×