Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts

Thanks.  I am in the process of trying to book now.  Waiting for Anel and/or Gina to get back to me.

We too are having a small wedding.  Did you have a "formal" reception?  We have decided not to and have the reception at El Patio restaurant (trying to book that now too).  What was your favorite restaurant and do you have any suggestions on the best one? 

 

Sorry if I (we) are picking your brain cheesy.gif

 

Originally Posted by Amanda Kirby View Post

Yes I booked as soon as I had my date set.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just went to a restaurant as well. There is an extra fee if you want to have a part of restaurant blocked but I was like no we just want to go eat dinner like we would normally. Yamina said they dont normally do that but it was no big deal. They ended up sitting us in these big king/queen chairs and we also had them bring the cake there. By the way the cake for 10 people is tiny and we ordered marble and I didnt care for it. El Patio was my favorite and second Oceana. El Patio is a fun atmosphere and will be good for a reception. Oceana had the best steak! I dont mind answering questions at all. Im sad our trip is over. Id love to do it all over again.

 

 

Originally Posted by JQLong View Post

Thanks.  I am in the process of trying to book now.  Waiting for Anel and/or Gina to get back to me.

We too are having a small wedding.  Did you have a "formal" reception?  We have decided not to and have the reception at El Patio restaurant (trying to book that now too).  What was your favorite restaurant and do you have any suggestions on the best one? 

 

Sorry if I (we) are picking your brain cheesy.gif

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awwww....Thanks Amanda!

I truly appreciate your feedback. How many people did you have attend?  We have 18 booked (including us) and about 4 or 5 more to go.  I had anticpated paying the fee for a section of the restaurant to be blocked.  Evangelina clarified for me that waitstaff would be dedicated to our party. I'm glad you said El Patio is a good choice.  I'm just hoping that we can get it for our date.  As far as the cake is concerned, I will be on the lookout for the marble!

 

What package did you choose for your photography? 

 

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanda Kirby View Post

We just went to a restaurant as well. There is an extra fee if you want to have a part of restaurant blocked but I was like no we just want to go eat dinner like we would normally. Yamina said they dont normally do that but it was no big deal. They ended up sitting us in these big king/queen chairs and we also had them bring the cake there. By the way the cake for 10 people is tiny and we ordered marble and I didnt care for it. El Patio was my favorite and second Oceana. El Patio is a fun atmosphere and will be good for a reception. Oceana had the best steak! I dont mind answering questions at all. Im sad our trip is over. Id love to do it all over again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by Amanda Kirby View Post

Here is my slideshow. I assumed she'd take out all the pics of us we didnt like and make a new slideshow with the pictures we chose but she didnt. These are the pictures she picked. I did email her about it and I hope she sends a new slideshow.

 

 

http://web.mac.com/vallarta_adventure2/SlideshowsDRERC/ALFORDWED/

 

You look beautiful!  I hope you had a wonderful time!! Congrats!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You looked beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! I love your dress & your hair!

I love the pcitures as they are.  It looks like you had a very nice intimate ceremony- which is why I opted for a DW in the first place.  Nothing against my fellow DW brides for having a large wedding....but the whole point to me of having a DW was for the intimacy....and you nailed it!!!!

 

I love, love, love the set up!  We have decided to have ours at the gazebo but after seeing your beach wedding...I now have second thoughts

 

Again...thank you very much for sharing!  And confirming that a small wedding can be just as special!

 

 

Originally Posted by Amanda Kirby View Post

Here is my slideshow. I assumed she'd take out all the pics of us we didnt like and make a new slideshow with the pictures we chose but she didnt. These are the pictures she picked. I did email her about it and I hope she sends a new slideshow.

 

 

http://web.mac.com/vallarta_adventure2/SlideshowsDRERC/ALFORDWED/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by Amanda Kirby View Post

Here is my slideshow. I assumed she'd take out all the pics of us we didnt like and make a new slideshow with the pictures we chose but she didnt. These are the pictures she picked. I did email her about it and I hope she sends a new slideshow.

 

 

http://web.mac.com/vallarta_adventure2/SlideshowsDRERC/ALFORDWED/

 

Amanda,

 

Your pictures are so beautiful! What time was your ceremony?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering if anyone had specific pictures of the 2 locations also. I had originally booked our recption for the pool terrace but then someone posted a piturec on here of what i THOUGHT was the pool terrance but it was the deck. I've changed our recption to the pool deck now, but i just want to make sure I have it right.

if you have any pics, can you email them to me at kipandkate@gmail.com (i'm unable to open attachments on the board)

many thanks!

Originally Posted by kellykellz View Post

Hi Ladies! Congrats to all of you on your wedding day! I have been an avid reader of the forum. My fiance and I just booked our wedding at DRC for 12/8/12. I have some questions regarding reception locations... What are the reception locations, and does anyone have pictures of them?? Any help would be fabulous! 

 

I love reading about everyone's wedding and plans. I look forward to hearing back from you lovely brides. 

 

Thanks,

Kelly

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so according to this last list I could find I'm next on the list. (YIKES) I remember a couple of brides maybe Dimplesandsuga and Sarah80 wanted to meet up while we were down there. I leave in a week and was hoping we could set something up. And of course if there are any other brides down at the same time who want to meet up for a chat, I mean we have all been talking on this forum for quite some time and it would be nice to meet a couple of you and not mention talk to someone that is going through the exact same thing !

 

2012 Weddings

5/10/2012 WPGBride (Chelsea and Mike)
5/12/2012 Dimplesandsuga
5/13/2012 Day_rog (Dana and Damien)
5/16/2012 Corio342 (Corey and Andrew)
5/18/2012 Sarah80 (Sarah and Luke)
5/21/2012 CKNMVS
5/23/2012 Aimeelaco28
5/24/2012 weddingprincess (Shannon & Brad)
6/3/2012 Mrskatieperry (Katie and PJ)
6/6/2012 Tiny6812 (Destiny and Jalon)
6/9/2012 Ssapper
6/14/2012 torilvv12 (Victoria & Yura)
6/18/2012 juliej84 (Julie and Ash)
6/22/2012 blondgoddesstif (Tif and Tony)
6/30/2012 rachallen18 (Rachel & Allen)
7/20/2012 LindseyM (Lindsey & Kevin)
7/26/2012 JulyDrcBride (Sophie & Rafael)
7/28/2012 Mnunez
8/4/2012 RollerBride (Kip and Kate)
8/7/2012 Nj2012 (Nikki & Joe)
8/10/12 (Annie & Jon)
8/24/2012 Sarah-Jane (Sarah and James)
9/1/2012 Cbandemer (Colleen & Brian)
9/2/2012 Ktcblue2012 (Kariane & Nathan)
10/27/2012 Tkb08 (Taren&Collin)
11/8/2012 ahall5665 (Ashley & Ethan)
11/19/2012 melinmontana (Melissa and Kael)
12/01/12 mcree (Christy and Brian)
12/17/2012 Savs1027 (Savanah and John)
 
2013 Weddings
1/19/2013 marilili (Maritza and Sal)
4/19/2013Dominique161
4/27/2013 Vika Yakovleva (Vika & Anthony)
5/3/2013 Kthorpe
5/18/2013 Eyeball17 (Aislinn & Bob)
5/25/2013 Robynkelly (Robyn & James)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by WPGBride View Post

Okay so according to this last list I could find I'm next on the list. (YIKES) I remember a couple of brides maybe Dimplesandsuga and Sarah80 wanted to meet up while we were down there. I leave in a week and was hoping we could set something up. And of course if there are any other brides down at the same time who want to meet up for a chat, I mean we have all been talking on this forum for quite some time and it would be nice to meet a couple of you and not mention talk to someone that is going through the exact same thing !

 

2012 Weddings

5/10/2012 WPGBride (Chelsea and Mike)
5/12/2012 Dimplesandsuga
5/13/2012 Day_rog (Dana and Damien)
5/16/2012 Corio342 (Corey and Andrew)
5/18/2012 Sarah80 (Sarah and Luke)
5/21/2012 CKNMVS
5/23/2012 Aimeelaco28
5/24/2012 weddingprincess (Shannon & Brad)
6/3/2012 Mrskatieperry (Katie and PJ)
6/6/2012 Tiny6812 (Destiny and Jalon)
6/9/2012 Ssapper
6/14/2012 torilvv12 (Victoria & Yura)
6/18/2012 juliej84 (Julie and Ash)
6/22/2012 blondgoddesstif (Tif and Tony)
6/30/2012 rachallen18 (Rachel & Allen)
7/20/2012 LindseyM (Lindsey & Kevin)
7/26/2012 JulyDrcBride (Sophie & Rafael)
7/28/2012 Mnunez
8/4/2012 RollerBride (Kip and Kate)
8/7/2012 Nj2012 (Nikki & Joe)
8/10/12 (Annie & Jon)
8/24/2012 Sarah-Jane (Sarah and James)
9/1/2012 Cbandemer (Colleen & Brian)
9/2/2012 Ktcblue2012 (Kariane & Nathan)

9/10/12 Mariposaazul (Sheila & Michael)
10/27/2012 Tkb08 (Taren&Collin)
11/8/2012 ahall5665 (Ashley & Ethan)
11/19/2012 melinmontana (Melissa and Kael)
12/01/12 mcree (Christy and Brian)
12/17/2012 Savs1027 (Savanah and John)
 
2013 Weddings
1/19/2013 marilili (Maritza and Sal)
4/19/2013Dominique161
4/27/2013 Vika Yakovleva (Vika & Anthony)
5/3/2013 Kthorpe
5/18/2013 Eyeball17 (Aislinn & Bob)
5/25/2013 Robynkelly (Robyn & James)

 

 Added my name for 9/10/12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I leave on the 28th! 

We're having the ceremony and cocktail hour on the beach; then we're having our reception on the pool terrace

How many guests do you have coming from the UK?

I hope she emails you back soon so you can confirm your dates!

Email her again? On several occasions ive emailed her the same email twice because she ever replied  

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobynKelly View Post

 

 

Thank you!

I have so many questions and can't seem to get answers! we have had to change the dates of our holiday and need to move the wedding date to 28th April 2013 however I cannot get anything confirmed!

Can I ask where are you having your reception?

Thanks again

Robyn x

 

 

Sorry have had so much going on! We have finally booked our holiday with Thomas cook and our in the process of confirming our wedding date! Looking at 30th April! I am going 2 do everything through the travel agent as I can get answers the same day and they are giving me so many options. I really would like to have our reception at the seaside grill but cannot find any photos of other receptions there? It's so hard 2 imagine it with the round tables etc when u see it as a day time restaurant on the Internet. Please let me know if you come across anything :) Also let me know if I can help you in anyway Robyn x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×