Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts

Yasmina told me it was $250 to decorate that! Isn't that crazy! So I asked her to clarify, since the white fabric appears in all of the promotional pictures on the Dreams websites and brochures, and she said that was free. But she told me that even if I brought my own fabric, they'd charge me to put it up... FYI, I don't want you to get stuck with any surprise charges... we are just sticking with white and I bought colored chair sashes on Amazon that Yasmina did say they'd affix to the chairs for free, and I am bringing my own pom-pom/kissing balls to decorate the area. Let me know if they told you they wouldn't charge you! 
 

Originally Posted by Ariane1126 View Post

What kind of fabric is everyone getting for decorating the chuppah? Or ru just sticking with the white that comes with the packages?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I think we're just sticking with the white drapes that are included ... The beach will be beauitful just as it is
 

Originally Posted by Ariane1126 View Post

What kind of fabric is everyone getting for decorating the chuppah? Or ru just sticking with the white that comes with the packages?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Ladies!

 

Im getting married at DRC next year and I had some questions for the brides!

 

1. I am interested in having a party after the ceremony and not the formal sit down dinner.  My family are more cocktails and apps then they are formal sit down.  Does anyone know if you can trade in the dinner for one of the packages and extend it to cocktails and apps?

 

2. My wedding date is May 3, 2013 and I was wondering what time of day is best to married on the beach.  My TA told me the wedding coordinator says 5 pm but I was thinking that was a little late?

 

3. I am having such a hard time choosing from the flowers they have and colors for my wedding...any suggestions?

 

HELP!!!

 

Thanks!

Kara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Kthorpe, Congrats!

 

1. I was told by Gina, my WC that you can only trade the same category for each other. So reception food fo cocktail apps seems like the same category for me. Now the question would be how much it adds up to exactly. I would ask your WC this question.

 

2. I'm getting married May 10, 2012 and we are having a 4pm wedding. A 5pm wedding is actually a more perfect time for me I think. Because the sun sets at about 7pm. So just when you are starting your reception it should be getting dark.

 

3. As for colours it is really up to you in what you like. All brides on here have different styles and tastes.

 

 

Happy Wedding Planning
 

Originally Posted by Kthorpe View Post

Hey Ladies!

 

Im getting married at DRC next year and I had some questions for the brides!

 

1. I am interested in having a party after the ceremony and not the formal sit down dinner.  My family are more cocktails and apps then they are formal sit down.  Does anyone know if you can trade in the dinner for one of the packages and extend it to cocktails and apps?

 

2. My wedding date is May 3, 2013 and I was wondering what time of day is best to married on the beach.  My TA told me the wedding coordinator says 5 pm but I was thinking that was a little late?

 

3. I am having such a hard time choosing from the flowers they have and colors for my wedding...any suggestions?

 

HELP!!!

 

Thanks!

Kara



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh has anyone heard from Gina at all. Its been over 2 weeks since I last heard from her and it is aggravating me! We're getting married in just over a month and still need so many questions answered!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I haven't heard from Gina either in over two weeks--I am sure they are very busy. I hope we hear from her soon!!
 

Originally Posted by WPGBride View Post

Oh has anyone heard from Gina at all. Its been over 2 weeks since I last heard from her and it is aggravating me! We're getting married in just over a month and still need so many questions answered!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Looking for the best venue for wedding and Wedding related events Book the best Banquet Hall in West Delhi - Symphony Banquets. For all types of Social as well as corporate events with In-House Catering service and luxurious ambiance to make every event a memorable one.  
    • Hundreds of years before, the basic jewellery were made out of seashells and bone, trees and animal skin. In the ancient times, the Egyptian jewellery first came into existence. Egyptian culture inhabited technology, gemstones, and precious metals early in comparison to other places. They were inspired by the culture of royalty and aristocracy which led to thinking noble like having a deep appreciation for luxury. This made them create impactful jewellery and leading trends. Copper was the first metal that came into existence through which we as humans got so many jewellery items.  However, the major focus on jewellery came when they discovered gold. This allowed the Egyptian to rule as the first jewellery maker. The ancient Egyptians valued adornment and were worn by both men and women.  Material and metals: The plethora of material which was used in the making of this Egyptian jewellery was basically gold and silver. Egyptian has mostly attracted towards gold and the availability of silver was less in Egypt as compared to any other place. The colour variation was due to the mixing of elements such as alloys like copper, iron, silver into gold.  Charm jewellery: It was then also an interesting concept to have charms in necklaces, bracelets and other jewellery items. It’s just they were made up of stones and precious or semi-precious jewellery. In this picture above the necklace is adorned with precious stones in different charms shapes. Gem and stones: The more royal pieces of Egyptian jewellery were adorned with the precious jewellery items. The gemstones were semi-precious stones, precious stones are other various gems. The most prized stone were lapis lazuli, rock crystal, and pearls. Emeralds were also found in these jewellery pieces. These were made from ground quartz and then molded into expensive gemstones. They are also used as charm jewellery when molded or carved in different shapes.
    • Congratulations! Where you are you getting married? 
    • It’s my wedding five months from now and we badly need ideas because everyone’s mind is not working right now and I, as the bride, cannot even think of what I really want to have on my wedding day. I want something simple yet unique. Something that suits for Colombian women and bride. Can you help me out with this? Thanks! I will really appreciate your comments!
    • I know it is really tough job to get everything at best cost. I would like to suggest to contact local wedding planner or decorators to get the quotes. It will take some time but by comparing different quotes you will get the best package.
  • Topics

×