Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts


Since we're on the subject of chair sashes, are y'all going to have chair sashes for the ceremomy and reception chairs? If so, Are you ordering double or are you going to have them remove them from the ceremony chairs during the cocktail hour and add them to the reception chairs??

 

Wonde
 

Originally Posted by RollerBride View Post

I'm not sure when I'm ordering just yet. I also worry about the colors. I feel a little better that they are displayed on a white background, so I think that they will be pretty true to the pictures. Perhaps I should order them soon, so that if I don't like them, I have time to do a return/exchange! I'll keep you posted!

 

Kate



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I hear, everyone has enough for only one set. The staff then remove the same sashes used from the ceremony site to decorate the reception area. They decorate free of charge as u like with any items you bring.
 

Originally Posted by Savs1027 View Post


Since we're on the subject of chair sashes, are y'all going to have chair sashes for the ceremomy and reception chairs? If so, Are you ordering double or are you going to have them remove them from the ceremony chairs during the cocktail hour and add them to the reception chairs??

 

Wonde
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies a few questions,

1. How many hours before your ceremony begins ru making your apt for the spa? our ceremony is at 5 so i was thinking around 1 or is that to early?

2. What ru doing the day of the wedding? Is everyone separating from your man for the day or doing stuff together?

THanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Everyone!

We are getting so excited! We leave in 13 days and our wedding is quickly approaching (March 18th).  I just wanted to let you know if any one has questions I would be happy to help. I pretty much have everything completed and ready to go.

 

I will also post pictures/ link to pictures and I plan on building a mini blog to give all the girls information.  I will also make sure to take lots of pictures and hopefully organize it in the best possible way.

 

Congrats to all the up coming weddings!

 

William & Kate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi Ariane,

 

1.  I was wondering the same thing about the spa...my ceremony is at 4, so I was thinking around 11:00 AM we would start.  I know I'll have 2 girls, my Mom and myself to have hair and makeup so I want to be able to relax there and also take our time getting ready in the room.  I guess maybe it depends how many people you have getting hair done and how many they can do at one time.  I'll bet if you email the spa, or the wedding planner they will have suggestions on time.

2.  We have decided to spend the night before apart and the day of apart so it adds to the suspense.  Plus it'll be nice to have a girl's day!

Originally Posted by Ariane1126 View Post

Ladies a few questions,

1. How many hours before your ceremony begins ru making your apt for the spa? our ceremony is at 5 so i was thinking around 1 or is that to early?

2. What ru doing the day of the wedding? Is everyone separating from your man for the day or doing stuff together?

THanks!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally the spa wanted to wait til 2 to start my hair and make up, the two moms, and then 4 to start my 3 girls hair and make up.  Our ceremony is at 6 so I wasn't okay with that.  I wanted time for pictures and hanging out!  I switched it to noon and 2 instead.  I don't care if it's early I can always touch up my make up later on.

 

I think the guys are going to be at the beach and I plan to be in the spa all day with my girls getting massages and enjoying the pools there.  I would like to have breakfast with my parents though.
 

Originally Posted by Ariane1126 View Post

Ladies a few questions,

1. How many hours before your ceremony begins ru making your apt for the spa? our ceremony is at 5 so i was thinking around 1 or is that to early?

2. What ru doing the day of the wedding? Is everyone separating from your man for the day or doing stuff together?

THanks!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Katie, your point #2 is something I'm undecided about!  They give the groom a free room with our package.  I'd like him to get ready there with the guys...but we haven't decided if we want to sleep apart the night before.  Technically, on paper in NJ, we'll already be married.
 

Originally Posted by mrskatieperry View Post


Hi Ariane,

 

1.  I was wondering the same thing about the spa...my ceremony is at 4, so I was thinking around 11:00 AM we would start.  I know I'll have 2 girls, my Mom and myself to have hair and makeup so I want to be able to relax there and also take our time getting ready in the room.  I guess maybe it depends how many people you have getting hair done and how many they can do at one time.  I'll bet if you email the spa, or the wedding planner they will have suggestions on time.

2.  We have decided to spend the night before apart and the day of apart so it adds to the suspense.  Plus it'll be nice to have a girl's day!



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Evening!

So I said I was going to create a blog about Traveling to Mexico and all the little tidbits that I can gather to help everyone out.

 

Please add to your favorites as I will be power packing in info as much as I can before I leave and TONS more once I arrive back.

 

here is my first post on Shopping on Etsy.com

 

http://thetravelingbridedrc.blogspot.com/

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
  • Topics

×