Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts


That SUCKS about not getting all of your free rooms.  We have a TA who has organized it all, and everyone is supposed to be paid by March 30th for our June 3rd wedding, so I think she has taken tha into account already.  I know she had told me baout if people booked directly through the hotel that it would be a problem.  I think we have enough for 6 free nights which is exactly what we are staying so phew!  Then we are goign to Secrets Capri for a few nights after that:) 

 

I think that's the way to do it with the photog. if you have someone you want to use.  It just worked out better for me (financially and because of the ease) to use the resort photog.  Anel is her name and her stuff is really great, so I feel good about it:)

 

Good luck with getting your free rooms, girl!  FIGHT! :):)

Originally Posted by MarryMeMexico View Post


Hi KatiePerry wink.gif FYI, I am getting totally JACKED on my '6th room free' because apparently ALL rooms are supposed to be PAID 30 days in advance. I JUST found this out and my wedding is in like 4 weeks... we JUST missed the 'deadline.' It's screwy, because as guests book on their own or thru a TA, the room isn't charged yet. For my guests who booked direct thru the hotel, only a credit card number was taken, and the room price is due upon checkin. I'm trying to throw a fit with Jorge Arelle (the groups guy) right now because their terms and conditions have TOTALLY changed and now they're saying I'd only get a max of 3 nights free anyway, even though I'm staying a week mad.gif I hope they don't do this to you, or any other bride who was told they'd get their 5th room free! PS with my photog, I said "tough luck, I'm buying a day-pass for a guest who isn't staying at the resort, and if they happen to bring their own camera and take pictures, I don't see a policy against that" and they kind of dropped it, but the principle is the same, they can't really tell you that your "guests" cant take photos and they DO have day-passes 'wedding guests' who aren't at the resort can purchase! Hope that helps, I'm using the photog that comes with my package for "family photos" the week of my wedding. 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Kate!


 

The brooch bouquet isn't done yet!  We have done a few trials, and now we are attaching wires to the back of all the brooches to hold them together.  The hardest part was finding them all!  My Stepmother found a ton at antique shops in New Hampshire, but I found a few in some craft stores and Claire's and stuff too.

 

I also went to a seashell shop and bought a ton of shells to use in my centerpieces and I'm making all ogf my bridesmaids bouquets and boutineers out of them.  I spent $65 there and got MORE than enough for everything!

 

I have been searching online for the best deals for cups/bags...everything for the OOT bags.  I keep going into the dollar store and seeing whats there so I can pick up a few things when I find them. 

 

I'm going to try to order my dress online at one of these inexpensive shops like www.dressale.com and hope it's just perfect!  I figure if it's not I am not losing much money and can probably sell it.

 

Other than that I'm just staying away from too many extras--like the bouquets and stuff so I can keep my costs down:)

 

I'm SO up in the air about what I want for chair sashes!!  Did you get yours already?

 

Originally Posted by RollerBride View Post


Thank you so much for this! I just emailed my TA to see if I can trade my cocktail hour for 20 extra people. Hopefully it'll work out, by my math, its about equal.

Can you post pics of your "brooch bouquet"? I'm intrigued.

Also, how else are you saving money, sch as, with your OOT bags?

I'm bring stuff to make centerpieces, chair sashes and table overlays. I'm always looking for ways to save a little  here and there.

 

Thanks again,

Kate



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


GREAT SITE! :o) Wish I found that earlier!
 

Originally Posted by mrskatieperry View Post

I'm going to try to order my dress online at one of these inexpensive shops like www.dressale.com and hope it's just perfect!  I figure if it's not I am not losing much money and can probably sell it.

 

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I am also unable to download these due to being new on the firums. Ca someone email them to me?

kipandkate@gmail.com

many thanks!!
 

Originally Posted by TiffanyRobert View Post

 

PRICES, MENUS, FLOWER OPTIONS, BELOW!

 

Hey ladies, here are ALL of the attachments I've received.  Flowers, menus, spa prices, etc....sending the attachments through email is clogging up my inbox and taking way too much time! PLEASE DIRECT ALL BRIDES TO THIS THREAD FOR INFO!!!!!

 

thewave.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

BOUQUET INC.pdf

buffet menu.pdf

Dinner Menu Love Pkg.pdf

CATALGO CENTROS DE MESA.pdf

Dinner Menu Ultimate Pkg.pdf

Dreams Menu 2011.pdf

Gold Appetizers.pdf

lista precios dreams ingles.pdf

Platinum Menu.pdf

Silver Appetizers.pdf

Wedding Cakes.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I haden't even thought of making my own bouquet. I only have 1 bridesmaid, maybe I could make hers too for alot cheaper than the resort! I'm going to look into this! Thanks!

I found chair sashes, table overlays and runners at www.chaircoverfactory.com

 

I have not purchased anythign yet, but i anticipate spending only $52 (plus shipping) for:

20 yellow-maze chair sashes

20 turq chair sashes

4 turq table runner 

4 yellow toverlay (ALL ORGANZA)

 

We are having 40 guests and I read that the table at the reception seat 10 people. I plan on doing a yellow table cloth with turq runner, or vice versa. Or maybe just a table runner on the resorts white table clothes (which would be cheaper than $52).

Originally Posted by mrskatieperry View Post

Hi Kate!


 

The brooch bouquet isn't done yet!  We have done a few trials, and now we are attaching wires to the back of all the brooches to hold them together.  The hardest part was finding them all!  My Stepmother found a ton at antique shops in New Hampshire, but I found a few in some craft stores and Claire's and stuff too.

 

I also went to a seashell shop and bought a ton of shells to use in my centerpieces and I'm making all ogf my bridesmaids bouquets and boutineers out of them.  I spent $65 there and got MORE than enough for everything!

 

I have been searching online for the best deals for cups/bags...everything for the OOT bags.  I keep going into the dollar store and seeing whats there so I can pick up a few things when I find them. 

 

I'm going to try to order my dress online at one of these inexpensive shops like www.dressale.com and hope it's just perfect!  I figure if it's not I am not losing much money and can probably sell it.

 

Other than that I'm just staying away from too many extras--like the bouquets and stuff so I can keep my costs down:)

 

I'm SO up in the air about what I want for chair sashes!!  Did you get yours already?

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


What are the details to getting a free room. My TA has not spoken about this at all. We only got a discount for booking our 20 through the travel package. Is this the same thing ? My travel agent is horrible by the way. Once he got the money he went ghost on us and even dropped the ball by not returning calls from our potential guests so they never ended up coming!

Originally Posted by mrskatieperry View Post


That SUCKS about not getting all of your free rooms.  We have a TA who has organized it all, and everyone is supposed to be paid by March 30th for our June 3rd wedding, so I think she has taken tha into account already.  I know she had told me baout if people booked directly through the hotel that it would be a problem.  I think we have enough for 6 free nights which is exactly what we are staying so phew!  Then we are goign to Secrets Capri for a few nights after that:) 

 

I think that's the way to do it with the photog. if you have someone you want to use.  It just worked out better for me (financially and because of the ease) to use the resort photog.  Anel is her name and her stuff is really great, so I feel good about it:)

 

Good luck with getting your free rooms, girl!  FIGHT! :):)



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Are you ordering your items soon from that site ? I just want to know if the colours are true to the pictures or not. I really dont want to order $22 worth of samples. I'm thinking either ivory, mauve, or light pink.

Originally Posted by RollerBride View Post



I haden't even thought of making my own bouquet. I only have 1 bridesmaid, maybe I could make hers too for alot cheaper than the resort! I'm going to look into this! Thanks!

I found chair sashes, table overlays and runners at www.chaircoverfactory.com

 

I have not purchased anythign yet, but i anticipate spending only $52 (plus shipping) for:

20 yellow-maze chair sashes

20 turq chair sashes

4 turq table runner 

4 yellow toverlay (ALL ORGANZA)

 

We are having 40 guests and I read that the table at the reception seat 10 people. I plan on doing a yellow table cloth with turq runner, or vice versa. Or maybe just a table runner on the resorts white table clothes (which would be cheaper than $52).



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure when I'm ordering just yet. I also worry about the colors. I feel a little better that they are displayed on a white background, so I think that they will be pretty true to the pictures. Perhaps I should order them soon, so that if I don't like them, I have time to do a return/exchange! I'll keep you posted!

 

Kate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×