RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

That is very good to hear! Is your new WC - GEORGINA aka GINA? So far she has been very quick and friendly when replying to our emails.  She replies anywhere from the same day up to 3 days later but on average very quickly.

Originally Posted by dimplesandsuga 

Ok Ladies...

The struggle continues, but I'm getting good outcomes. I guess Ana isn't my WC anymore as someone with a "G" name is talking to me. I insisted on the DJ and was told that if they stay at the hotel, it shouldn't be a problem, to which I responded, if I don't get the DJ, I'm moving my wedding... TO WHICH THEY RESPONDED....Ok Miss Courtney, you may use your DJ.......And I have a cake vendor from Dolce Cakes and they wanted them to bake in their over....the baker didn't like that and called themselves as she claimed she just did a sweets bar and a cake for a wedding there 3 months ago....Their response...I can have my cake vendor too!  AWESOME!!!  All that arguing and negotiating paid off in the end!   So I guess you just gotta argue to get what you want from these folks

Hi everyone,

I noticed all the posts about Dreams saying that you are not allowed to use outside vendors. Has anyone used the DJ that the Dreams recommends?   Is he worth it?  I do agree with other brides, the price does seem high but I am nervous about just having an ipod play. I noticed for $180 an hour ( plus tax and gratituty)they allow you to use speakers along with a technician but this too seems high! If you pay for a hotel  room for an outside vendor ( and treat them like they are guests) I wonder if they would still give us an issue.

My wedding is in May and I dont have anyof these details sorted out. I was hoping to use LaLuna as my photographers but the no outside vendor policy is stressing me out!

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks so much. This forum is great.

Dimples- I also have gotten emails from Gerente (in place of Ana) which is actually Yamina. She said Gerente is spanish for manager or something, but she is the wedding manager and she said she will taking over my wedding now! Which I am totally ok with because Ana was driving me nuts! Anyway, that is awesome about your vendors! What great news! If you dont mind me asking, what kind of cake are you getting and how much are they charging you? If you dont mind?

THanks

I just sent an email to Gina about the DJ for our wedding, let's see what response I get....unfortunately I can't threaten to take my wedding elsewhere at this point.

Im using Elizabeth Medina as my photographer. It was deffinitely a fight but i finally got it in writing that i could use her with no added fee from the hotel. I would just make a strong case as to why you need an outside photographer and be very firm in your request. Just make sure you get it in writing! I also am paying for a room at dreams for elizabeth at the hotel the night of hte wedding and will be adding her as a guest too. good luck!

Originally Posted by CKNMVS View Post

Hi everyone,

I noticed all the posts about Dreams saying that you are not allowed to use outside vendors. Has anyone used the DJ that the Dreams recommends?   Is he worth it?  I do agree with other brides, the price does seem high but I am nervous about just having an ipod play. I noticed for $180 an hour ( plus tax and gratituty)they allow you to use speakers along with a technician but this too seems high! If you pay for a hotel  room for an outside vendor ( and treat them like they are guests) I wonder if they would still give us an issue.

My wedding is in May and I dont have anyof these details sorted out. I was hoping to use LaLuna as my photographers but the no outside vendor policy is stressing me out!

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks so much. This forum is great.

Hi there!!!

So glad you cleared the "Gerente" thing up...I was beginning all of my emails....Dear Gerente!!!  LOL!

I received the confirmation for our wedding day from Yamina (Gerente...) LOL!

Originally Posted by jkhowell View Post

Dimples- I also have gotten emails from Gerente (in place of Ana) which is actually Yamina. She said Gerente is spanish for manager or something, but she is the wedding manager and she said she will taking over my wedding now! Which I am totally ok with because Ana was driving me nuts! Anyway, that is awesome about your vendors! What great news! If you dont mind me asking, what kind of cake are you getting and how much are they charging you? If you dont mind?

THanks

YaY!!!  woot.gifI am so excited to be sharing in the excitement with all of the DRC Brides.  My fiancé and I have booked our wedding for July 4, 2012! 

No wonder the wedding manager is so busy…..All of us are getting married within weeks of one another!  Here we go!  Let the planning begin!

Happy Planning!

Hi Rachallen,

Did you get this sorted out? I am trying to get in touch with WC, and am trying to see if the DJ/photographer is a guest if it is then ok to use their services, and I would imgaine since paying for a room for them that outside vendor fee would be removed. Of course still havent heard back.

Just wondering if you had any luck. $600 compared with well over $1500 (when you factor in tax/gratituty) is huge savings!

Originally Posted by rachallen18 View Post

Dimplesandsuga:

So we went ahead and contacted both Gina the WC and Ricardo.  We haven't heard from Gina yet. However Ricardo apologized saying that he will not be able to provide us his services because Dreams Riviera Cancun does NOT allow outside vendors. thatswck.gif