Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts

 

Lilly, my colors were turquoise and chocolate, but I haven't really used any chocolate and so am thinking either just making it turquoise and natural sand colors (shells, starfish, etc) or possibly turquoise and orange (like Laura) because I like the combination of the bright flowers. The dress that my BMs will have is Blue topaz. It is shown in this link (though in a different color). It is the charmuse (shiny) dress on the right.

 

QUOTE]

 

Your dresses are beautiful..love them! And the turquoise color is beautiful too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl View Post

Lilly, my colors were turquoise and chocolate, but I haven't really used any chocolate and so am thinking either just making it turquoise and natural sand colors (shells, starfish, etc) or possibly turquoise and orange (like Laura) because I like the combination of the bright flowers. The dress that my BMs will have is Blue topaz. It is shown in this link (though in a different color). It is the charmuse (shiny) dress on the right.

 

QUOTE]

 

Your dresses are beautiful..love them! And the turquoise color is beautiful too!

Thanks. Are you planning on tying in the orange any other place besides the flowers? Are you doing orange flower bouquets on the tables? I just really like the combination. I wouldn't think I would...but the pictures I have seen are so pretty! It's funny because my FI is a Bronco's fan and those are the colors. I can just see people thinking that we chose the colors because of that. Maybe I need to use yellow instead of orange (those are my Charger's colors...ha!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura22610 View Post

Thanks. Are you planning on tying in the orange any other place besides the flowers? Are you doing orange flower bouquets on the tables? I just really like the combination. I wouldn't think I would...but the pictures I have seen are so pretty! It's funny because my FI is a Bronco's fan and those are the colors. I can just see people thinking that we chose the colors because of that. Maybe I need to use yellow instead of orange (those are my Charger's colors...ha!)

Yeah - I am not sure how I ended up with those colors?? I was originally thinking pink and green or purple and green but then I saw this color blue I really liked and orange seems to go best with it! I was thinking of doing orange flowers on the tables and bringing blue organza for chair ties. Turquoise and yellow would look good too :)

 

I was looking through some other threads and it seems like some people got their own florists (from the Cancun area) for flowers instead of getting them from the resort. I am not sure we can even do this but it might be cheaper than using the resort? Has anyone thought of this or heard of doing this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was also wondering the same thing about the flowers! Is it really worth the hassle of trying to buy flowers elsewhere for a cheaper price or just buying them from the resort?? Does anyone know how much the bridesmaids bouquet are??...I keep asking Ana about the reception and where it takes place, but she never answers my question. Do I get different options for the reception?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lili11 View Post
I was also wondering the same thing about the flowers! Is it really worth the hassle of trying to buy flowers elsewhere for a cheaper price or just buying them from the resort?? Does anyone know how much the bridesmaids bouquet are??...I keep asking Ana about the reception and where it takes place, but she never answers my question. Do I get different options for the reception?

In my opinion it is not worth the hassle. I'm not sure how much less it is to purchase flowers outside of the resort, but I just think it is more difficult and then you have to coordinate the delivery of them, etc. I have heard that the resort's florist does a good job, so I am planning on going through them.

Here's the list I got from the resort.

Flowers

VIP Bride Bouquet ( orchids or any other exotic flower)
$180 usd -$350 usd + 10% Tax

Brides Maids Bouquet
$60 usd -120 usd + 10% Tax

Boutonnieres
$18 usd - 25 usd + 10% Tax

Pin or Wrist Corsages
$28 usd - 40 usd + 10% Tax

Bag of Rose Petal
$22 usd + 10% Tax (per bag)

Flowers for hair
$20 usd + 10% Tax

Floral Centerpieces
$70 usd -$120 usd + 10% Tax each

VIP Floral Centerpieces
$90 usd - $180 usd + 10% Tax each


There are different options for the reception. I think the Pool Deck, Pool Terrace and Beach are the main options. Then there are other options if you have a small party (wine cellar, a la carte restaurants, around the jacuzzi deck).

There was something that I learned from Ana during my site visit...not sure if I mentioned this. If anyone is plannng on having their reception on the jacuzz deck, I believe they are going to get some type of clear cover (plexi-glass or glass) for the jacuzzi and then it become a dance floor. The jacuzzi changes colors and is pretty at night. I thought that was kind of cool. Though we have decided on the Pool deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohhhh SDGirl - thank you sooo much for posting that! I'm having my reception on the deck between the beach and the infinity pool - but we're having our welcome dinner with the caribbean trio at the jacuzzi deck so I'm super excited about the cover!!

 

We've been going back and forth about a site visit but I think we're just going to have to do it. Luckily it's relatively cheap to fly from Houston...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just an idea about flowers for anyone that is interested in keeping their flowers...I went to a bridal show and came across different companies that do fake (or silk) flower bouquets that looked very real and quite nice. Just a thought for those who are not sure about what flowers to have. And this way you can preserve them too! Quite easily in fact. And you will not need to worry that the flower arrangement you would like is not possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl View Post
Hey,
Has Christine or Brandy been on this site lately? Just wondering if anyone has heard how their wedding was on 11/2?
Thanks for keeping the list so current SDbeachgirl! It is greatly appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess402 View Post
Hey Rachelle, I know we're going at different times but I have received room only pricing from my TA which is $860 USD per person for a 7 night stay, including airport transfers.

We were totally convinced that we wanted to do an all-inclusive package with one of the Canadian tour operators, but were quoted at around $1900 per person per week for this! So, we're actually going the route of booking the rooms separately and letting people figure out airfare on their own... we figure it should definitely be cheaper for people this way, allow for better flight times and flexibility (some of those tour operator packages offer brutal flight times), plus if they want to use airmiles or whatever for their flight then they can do that. We're also getting some group perks at the resort level which the Canadian tour operators weren't offering, so we're pretty happy!
Apparently I keep going MIA...for some reason the forum does not want to connect to my crappy internet on this side of the world! Anyway, thanks for the info Princess402. We have booked and our room rate for 8 nights is $2600 CAD including taxes. It seems expensive but it is canadian dollars and the room rates on the actual resort website seem to correspond. Anyone else booked their stay there for spring/summer 2010?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess402 View Post

I see that you are from Vancouver. I live in Burnaby but work and go to school at UBC. Small world!
Sorry, I have been going backwards through the thread reading the new posts and noticed that I missed this one. Yes, I am a Vancouver-ite but have moved to Australia back in March this year. Too bad because it would be nice to meet up with another Forum person to talk about things. But thankfully we all have the forum to share with one another. Hope the planning is going well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×