Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Hi girls!!

I am going to Riviera Maya in 3 days!!!  We're staying at Ocean Coral & Turquesa but have an appointment to meet with Ana on June 25th.  I am so excited to meet her!!  

I have a question.. I made a guestimate cost spreadsheet for DRC with all of my extras and it came to $10,000!!  Insane... I am trying to keep it under $15,000 with everything..dress...stay...etc.

Did any of you girls have a private reception in one of the restaurants?  If so, which one?!  I like the pool deck idea too but I'm just not sure!  If you have an private restaurant reception is that EXTRA cost on top of the cost per head over the package price?  Thanks!!

Lindsey

Brooke - so excited for you and can't wait to hear your review!

I just came home to a series of e-mail and it looks like Veronica is gone too, I'm bummed :( I really thought she was going to make it until our wedding next month. I too am on my 5th or 6th, but Veronica had ALL of my information. Oh well, the new coordinator seems pretty on top of it.

Colleen and Sharon we're getting close!!!

Lindsay,

What are you kidding???? Veronica is gone?  She is my coordinator too and she is so on top of it.  I am suppose to meet with her on the 13th of July.

I know it's getting close, how are you feeling, do you have everything ready?

Originally Posted by LindsayMichelle View Post

Brooke - so excited for you and can't wait to hear your review!

I just came home to a series of e-mail and it looks like Veronica is gone too, I'm bummed :( I really thought she was going to make it until our wedding next month. I too am on my 5th or 6th, but Veronica had ALL of my information. Oh well, the new coordinator seems pretty on top of it.

Colleen and Sharon we're getting close!!!

Hi,

Thanks so much that would be greatly appreciated, what package did you go for? Or did you just pay a per person fee? Just trying to figure out the best options with so many people.

Wishing you a wonderful wedding day, I would also love to hear what the weather is like when you go as it seems May might be already booked out for 2012! So we might also do June or July.

M x

Originally Posted by MR1124 View Post

Hi micaela,

I'm getting married on July 30th and have 95 guests booked! Will definitely add my review on how my wedding day flows... I was told that outdoor weddings need to finish by 11pm

I am amazed that July 17 is coming around the corner.  Colleen and Lindsay, are you guys done with all the wedding details? 

Colleen, are we speaking of the same Veronica here?  She is my coordinator too and I haven't received any news of her leaving.  If this is true, I am really bummed too because she has all my information and I am not sure who my new coordinator will be. 

Who is your new coordinator Lindsay?

Hi Lindsey,

I too am looking at the costs mounting up!!! I believe if you hire a restuarant the cost will be more i think they say $1200.

If you go for the pool deck this is included in the package price. They say that if you hire a restuarant out then it gives guests staying less choice for their holiday so you have to pay extra!

Hope this helps!!!

Sarah

*****REVIEW FROM JUNE 12TH WEDDING AT DRC******

Hi Everyone,

I just got back from our wedding that was on June 12th at DRC and it was amazing! I just want to let you all know that you have nothing to worry about- once you get there everything will be taken care of as this team knows what they are doing. I too had Lisbeth and the day I got there they told me she was gone. Ana stepped in and didn't miss a beat! She is wonderful and so is the whole wedding team.

Check in/travel:

We flew from LAX to CAN direct on Virgin and it was great. We did book our travel vouchers and the transport was easy and fast from the airport. Once we got to the hotel we were taken to the preferred club check in area where we checked in very quickly and were given a master suite which was amazing- right on the water and about 1500 sq ft (room 2400). Bellman brought up all of our bags and boxes. We had kitchen, living room, dining room, floor to ceiling windows throughout the whole room, 2 hot tubs and huge bathroom. Maid service was great. Just make sure to use the safe and lock up cash and high end items.

The drive up to the resort is a little strange- it's a long dirt road then you hit the hotel. Once you walk in its beautiful- just like the online photos.

We paid to have our gift bags delivered ($3 each) since we had over 30 rooms and it was worth it. Some didn't get them at first bc the do not disturb signs were on the door- that is the only reason why. The bellman did a great job wtih the bags. We had tote bags with sunscree, hangover kits (tylenol, advil, pepto, tums, bandaids, etc), door hangers, ring pops, gum, trail mix, candy, chapstick, suduko, playing cards, altoids, Do not disturb signs, peanuts, and welcome letter in them. Everyone used the bags (Dollartree.com) and they were perfect!

Make sure to tell your guests they have to get the resort coupons at another desk- you can use them at the spa, dinner or upgrades for wine. they do not give them at check in.

Meeting w hotel:

We got in Wed night and met with Ana on Thursday morning at 9 am. She went through everything with us, cost, etc and we paid then. We also met the photographer, DJ and banquet manager at this time. I did set all of this up before we got there. All took about an hour.

Welcome Dinner:

We were quoted $12 per person last year by Gabby (who is no longer there) and they tried to get is to pay $15 per person and not close the restaurant. My TA called and straightened this out right away. We set up a slide show and had a set menu of filet and seabass for 55 guests and it was great. They closed the restaurant for us and we had it the whole night. I think its worth the money because with such a big group it's hard to get everyone together other than the wedding night. They had a bar and wine that was passed around to each table.

Spa:

We had  the ultimate package so we booked our couples massage for the first morning we were there and it was great. Amazing spa- I had 2 massages, my hair and nails done and it was perfect. They did exactly what the picture looked like- bring a photo as the english is not good in the spa. I paid for all of my girls nails, hair or facials for the wedding day. I think 1/2 of our group used the spa and loved it!

Book your appts before you get there or you will not go! Do it the first day so you are not burned and distracted.

Food:

All of the food is great-I did read some people getting sick as some people do in Mexico. I did get sick one day but I did eat and drink everything at the resort! I would say 5 out 70 did get a little bug but that is to be expected. The French restaurant is amazing and the Japanese one is too. Pool bar is awesome as we ate there everyday. Room service was good and pretty fast.

Activities:

The pools are great. Kids club was good for a few of our little ones that liked it. They do have things going on all day but we just hung out most of the time. The Barracuda bar has swings and it in the sand down at the beach. We played volleyball and snorkeled a lot. Bands in the lobby were good and the late night dance place was always full of our group after dinner.

Golf:

The DRC website says FREE golf but there is nothing free about it. there are a TON of hidden fees so please let your guests know this. we only had 4 people golf but its about $100 - 150 per person if you rent clubs, play before 2:30 etc.

Decor:

I brought my own pink and yellow chair bows and pink table overlays from wedding linens direct (super cheap), flowers for the cake and cake topper, card box, message in a bottle favors for the tables, fan programs that were on the chairs with bubbles and that was it! I got (2) lantern towers from the hotel and all of the flowers from them and that was all we needed! I would not recommend using an outside vendor unless you are bringing in lots of furniture etc as the hotel has everything. Our reception was on the pool deck and cocktail hour was by the jacuzzi. Mariachi band was awesome!!!!!!!!!!! they were hilarious and had everyone laughing as I saw them the next day and loved them!

Photographer-

We used adventure photos who are onsite (santiago) and he was great- we don't have the pics yet but will post them when we get them.

DJ-

Used onsite DJ- gave them our list and they play exactly what you give them. They were fine- light up dance floor was perfect and they have small fireworks which was fun!

Wedding day:

BM and I had lunch and then hit the spa from 1-3. Then we finished getting ready in my room. The wedding started at 5:30 pm at the Gazebo and I could see them setting up from my room which was neat! Ana had delivered all of the flowers to the guys room and our room and they were perfect- just what I sent in the photos. As long as you send pics, that is what it will look like.

We went down at 5:40 ( a little late) and music was played perfectly. We brought our own officiant and she wrote a personal ceremony which was awesome. it was about 20 min and we did a sand ceremony and had our moms bring up the sand which was nice.

We had a toast and then did 2 group photos. Then our group went to cocktail hour and we did photos on the beach.

Reception was a blast- they called everyone's names and we did our entrance then our first dance right away. We ate, speeches, dances w parents and then danced the rest of the time. We sat at our own table because we didn't want to split up the wedding party w their spouses. I liked that as we could enjoy each other for a little bit before talking to everyone and dancing. We went with the Carribean buffet and it was awesome- all the food is great. We had the tres leches cake and didn't upgrade it for more guests as many people didn't even eat the cake! it was square with 3 tiers and was perfect. .  I brought a few flowers from home since they were expensive to have real ones, no one knew. There are dessets on the buffet too

OH- 1/2 hr before Ana asked if I wanted to bring the wedding inside bc of rain but we didn't and were lucky because it started raining when the wedding was over! it was actaully nice because it was so hot! I went up and changed and danced all night in Desires

The next day we went around to the different departments and tipped all of them as they did a great job. Jorge is the banquet manager and works with Ana and is great too- he was all over it and is very professional.

I know that communication is not the best here but they do know what they are doing and most of your wedding will be planned when you are there! I work in a high end hotel in CA and am not use to slow repsonses but do not worry- it will get done!!!

I will post pictures when I get them so you can see the wedding. If you have any questions about ANYTHING, please email me at chrissysexton1@hotmail.com.

Chrissy Scott :)

Have you heard from her lately? I had not heard in a week or so and then yesterday got an email from my new coordinator, Yamina. She seems sweet and on it though and from what everyone says, DRC is so on top of things - so I won't worry :)

I'm getting so excited! I just want it to be here! I'm having some stress with how busy we've been and trying to get everything set, but we're almost done. What about you? Less than a month to go! 

Originally Posted by SharonMydung View Post

Lindsay,

What are you kidding???? Veronica is gone?  She is my coordinator too and she is so on top of it.  I am suppose to meet with her on the 13th of July.

I know it's getting close, how are you feeling, do you have everything ready?