Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmontgo View Post
Hi everyone! Its been such a long time since I was on the forum. School has kept me very busy lately. I wanted to take a minute to break away from my hectic lif to share with everyone some photos Ana sent me of the deck and the pool area for the reception.

Has anyone decided what location to have their ceremony at?

There is another wedding on the same date as mine so I originally nervous I wouldnt get the deck (thats what I wanted all along) and now I'm nervous that if the other bride chooses the pool area her party will be right next to mine. Ana has assured me that everything will be perfect but I worry too much.

Any way hope everyone enjoys the pics.
Did anyone receive these photos?

Sorry for all of my posts this morning....

In case you haven't been reading the reviews on trip advisor, you should check it out. Dreams RC is rated #4 (out of 26) in Puerto Morelos and has only received EXCELLENT and VERY GOOD reviews on trip advisor.

Dreams is True Paradise - Review of Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, Puerto Morelos, Mexico - TripAdvisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBlondie View Post
has anyone received an updated list of photographers from Ana? She sent me one with only two options and Claudia was not one of them. Could you please let me know what she has said is permissible?

Thanks!
Rachelle
Ana did not send me a list of photographers. I also just got the two photographers that the resort uses in an email from Ana. When I asked her about bringing someone else, she told me to let her know who I wanted to use and then she would let me know if it was okay. I asked her about Claudia Rodriguez and she said that would be fine to have her. I am paying for Claudia on my own. I also asked Ana if anything could be substituted for photography in the packages, since I won't be using their photographers, and she said that I could get more video. I am waiting for her to get back to me as to how much more video I will get. Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl View Post
I'm not too worried about the service. I have been reading the reviews on Facebook and Tripadvisor daily and most people have raved about the service. I've only read a couple of negative reviews about the resort. There are always going to be exceptions at any resort. I'm sorry that you, Laura, did not get the service that others have been raving about! That is such a bunmer! But it doesn't worry me. What worries me about your review is the ceremony sites. I can't understand why when they are designing a new resort that they know will have hundreds of weddings a year, they can't create a separate secluded area off to the side for the ceremony. That really bums me out sad.gif

I will be there in 2.5 weeks and will take photos from all different angles. Hopefully they will have weddings there over Thanksgiving. I imagine they will.

I have also been reading about the lack of privacy in the rooms and that concerns me too. I hope that they will do something about it. I saw a post from Rod (on FB) at one time where he said they planned to fix that. But I don't when. I hope it is soon. Why would they design the bathrooms with such little privacy?!

Anyways, thanks Laura for your review.
I have the same exact concerns...I have read a lot about the bathrooms too...hopefully they fix that by Febraury!!! I would think that it would be a no-brainer to design a bathroom with privacy :)

As far as the wedding sites...I wasn't planning on using the gazebo for my wedding but the fact that the beach wedding wouldn't be more private bothers me. If they have to set up for a wedding on the beach, why wouldn't they be able to set up in a different, less public spot? I've read that the beach is pretty big there.

I am also not so concerned about the service. I have read many good reviews on this aspect of the resort. Plus, they did just open a month ago and there probably are kinks to be worked out. I think that, as with all resorts, you will have both good and bad reviews. So, I am going to keep optimistic and go with the good reviews :)

SDbeachgirl..you must be so excited to get down there and see the resort! I really wish I could do this. Hopefully, you can post your pictures! :)

Quote:
I'm not too worried about the service. I have been reading the reviews on Facebook and Tripadvisor daily and most people have raved about the service. I've only read a couple of negative reviews about the resort. There are always going to be exceptions at any resort. I'm sorry that you, Laura, did not get the service that others have been raving about! That is such a bunmer! But it doesn't worry me. What worries me about your review is the ceremony sites. I can't understand why when they are designing a new resort that they know will have hundreds of weddings a year, they can't create a separate secluded area off to the side for the ceremony. That really bums me out sad.gif

I will be there in 2.5 weeks and will take photos from all different angles. Hopefully they will have weddings there over Thanksgiving. I imagine they will.

I have also been reading about the lack of privacy in the rooms and that concerns me too. I hope that they will do something about it. I saw a post from Rod (on FB) at one time where he said they planned to fix that. But I don't when. I hope it is soon. Why would they design the bathrooms with such little privacy?!

Anyways, thanks Laura for your review.
i agree about the reviews. i too have been checking facebook and trip advisor... seems like on the whole everyone is very happy. i was just so surprised to hear about the poor service Laura received since that is something every review i have read so far has RAVED about. i guess the lesson to be learned is sometimes you have to be a little aggressive to be noticed if necessary. i will save that for my fiance and my dad :-)

i am not as worried about the bathroom privacy. mostly because most of my guests are couples--the only exception being two small children. my goal was to cater to couples anyway since i didn't want to include kids to begin with (long story). several people have complained about the lack of storage for clothes in the rooms, but i saw a post from Rod on facebook that they are planning changing that as well. as a whole though the rooms look very beautiful and that is one of the reasons i picked this resort. (i was reading lots of complaints about the rooms at dreams cancun)

i am worried about the lack of privacy for the ceremony. that was a very big surprise for me. i posted a few days back regarding a photo that showed the weird alien gazebo right in the middle of the pool area. like other brides i was planning to go with the beach. not sure how the beach can't be private?? i am hoping SDbeachgirl will be able to scout that out.... i'm so jealous you get to visit! i'm sure you will put us all at ease :-)

Anyways, thanks Laura for your review.[/QUOTE]

it's lauren, and no problem. i'm sorry that i didn't have better things to say, but as we've all mentioned, it's a new resort with kinks to work out. don't get me wrong, there were good points, and the things that bothered us may not bother others. that being said, i didn't feel that it would be fair to go and then NOT write an honest review for brides. i wish there were more honest reviews of dreams pv before my wedding.

as far as the wedding sites, maybe they do set up ceremonies elsewhere on the beach - just reporting what i saw.

Quote:

Anyways, thanks Laura for your review.[/QUOTE]

it's lauren, and no problem. i'm sorry that i didn't have better things to say, but as we've all mentioned, it's a new resort with kinks to work out. don't get me wrong, there were good points, and the things that bothered us may not bother others. that being said, i didn't feel that it would be fair to go and then NOT write an honest review for brides. i wish there were more honest reviews of dreams pv before my wedding.

as far as the wedding sites, maybe they do set up ceremonies elsewhere on the beach - just reporting what i saw.

Lauren,

I know I speak for everyone here...we really appreciate your review...even if it is not exactly what we want to hear. I'm hoping to have a better experience later this month when I go down there. My FI and I have never been to an all inclusive and I don't think either one of us are all that picky, so I'm pretty sure we are going to be impressed. Well, we have nothing to compare it to. I'm a little worried about my FI as he is so excited about the food, that is all he talks about! I'm afraid I won't be able to get him away from the restaurants...ha!

As for the ceremony sites, I most definitely will ask if the ceremony can be moved to a different spot on the beach. If I happen to see a spot that I like, I might even bring it up with Ana. I will have to scope out the beach before our meeting. I will try to take lots of photos of the ceremony sites and reception sites. I really hope that there are some weddings that weekend that I can take photos of.

chirorach, I think you are right about Rod saying that the resort was going to do something to fix the lack of storage. Maybe that is what I am remembering...not the privacy issue. I actually posted the question on facebook and he has not responded. I got mixed responses. Some people saying that they didn't feel there was a lack of privacy and that the glass was frosted enough and then others saying that there was very little. I will have to decide for myself. I will have to take close up photos and post for you all to see.

on a good note, ana was busting it to get everything ready for one of the weddings - i don't know what they wound up doing b/c it was SO windy (right before storm). i wanted to say hi to her, but couldn't remember her name.

the glass wasn't THAT bad, but i'm obnoxious and like to watch dh squirm. he'd get me back tho b/c there was no lock on the door...

Is anyone going to use the resort's hairdresser to style your hair? Unless my hairdresser decides to make a trip out there, I will be using the hairdresser at the resort. Do you think that the current hair dresser will be working in May? I'm trying to decide if I should schedule a consultation while I am down there this month. I would just hate it if I spent the money for a trial hairstyle and then it turns out that I will have someone different.

Quote:
Is anyone going to use the resort's hairdresser to style your hair? Unless my hairdresser decides to make a trip out there, I will be using the hairdresser at the resort. Do you think that the current hair dresser will be working in May? I'm trying to decide if I should schedule a consultation while I am down there this month. I would just hate it if I spent the money for a trial hairstyle and then it turns out that I will have someone different.
I will use the hairstylist at the resort probably. Maybe get your stylist at home to do a trial run with your hair and take pics of it, then take those to the resort and see what they think. Could be a waste to do it if it ends up being a different stylist on your actual wedding. I think I will do a dry run the week of our wedding because my hair seems to be picky!