Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts

Has  anyone else had problems contact this place?  They got me so frustrated with the delay responses and excuses as to why. We really wanted a Dreams Resort because we got engaged at Secrets Maroma last year.  Since my sister has kids this was our best bet.  I saw on The Knot that others did not get any emails back or so late.  Thankfully I found the Destination Wedding Association who hookewewed me up with a great planner.  We are still on the fence between their new Now Resorts, but now I can sleep with professional responses.  What bugs me is that how professional are they if I cannot get an email back at this stage.  I'm afraid they will leave me hanging till I get down there, then I would be a basket case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are just starting our planning and looking at Dreams Riviera Cancun but from what I am reading it looks like they are not too eager to work with you.  Any good experiances with the,m/  Did anyone look into Fairmont Mayakoba?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a flight attendant & we always have brides with their dresses on the plane.  I know I'm taking mine on, I would never, ever check it.  I'm sure if it's one of your carryons it will not be fine.  Michelle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I am sooooo confused. All I want to do is figure out how much my reception is going to cost (tax and gratuity included). Has anyone already had a wedding where for their reception they had a restaurant closed ( in my case El Patio) for a private reception?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone posted pictures of the reception locations? I want to put a potential date on hold and need to choose a location. I love the gazebo for the ceremony but I'm not sure what my best options are for the reception (no beach). Hoping for 75-ish people. Thanks all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by 1106wedding View Post

 

Has anyone posted pictures of the reception locations? I want to put a potential date on hold and need to choose a location. I love the gazebo for the ceremony but I'm not sure what my best options are for the reception (no beach). Hoping for 75-ish people. Thanks all!

 

There are places listed throughout this forum....its takes days to read thru them all..make sure you take notes to remember everything...I know reception places are pool terrace, pool deck, the beach and some restaurants. Good Luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am interested in getting married at the Dreams Riviera Cancun June 2011.  Went to talk with my TA the other day and when he called the resort he was told that May, June, July were all booked which seems hard to believe with all the days/time slots.  So he said he would check on it and now he says that they have had 6 WC in the past 6 months.  Does anyone know if this is true. I am worried to book a wedding at a location where I get the run around. I am just curious on others experiences with this location site and WCs.  THanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dea,

 

Not sure excatly how booked up it is, but I know that about 3-4 months ago April was almost full (I was told by another bride)

 

From what I know originally there was just one wedding coordinator - Ana then she got an assistant and very recently Ana left and now a seemingly more organised coordinator has started she has two assistants.
 

The new WC has made quite a few changes to how the first one was working including cutting weddings down to 2 a day instead of 3 which may make avaliability more difficult.

 

Originally Posted by DeaChris11 View Post

I am interested in getting married at the Dreams Riviera Cancun June 2011.  Went to talk with my TA the other day and when he called the resort he was told that May, June, July were all booked which seems hard to believe with all the days/time slots.  So he said he would check on it and now he says that they have had 6 WC in the past 6 months.  Does anyone know if this is true. I am worried to book a wedding at a location where I get the run around. I am just curious on others experiences with this location site and WCs.  THanks!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



 

Originally Posted by 1106wedding View Post

Has anyone posted pictures of the reception locations? I want to put a potential date on hold and need to choose a location. I love the gazebo for the ceremony but I'm not sure what my best options are for the reception (no beach). Hoping for 75-ish people. Thanks all!


I'm getting married at the gazebo and the only problem I've been told that there maybe with that location is that is not very private. It right by the pool area so everyone at the pool can watch your ceremony, which was fine for me (the more the merrier) but I know some people want a really private and intimate spot for there ceremony and the only choice I was given was the beach or the terrace  which doesn't hold 75 people. I've also read that if your concerned about the people at the pool being noisey or anything during the ceremony alot of brides have said that they haven't had any problems and that everyone has been very respectful as far as keeping it down during the ceremony.

 

Depending on your date, some of the reception spots maybe booked already. I really wanted the pool deck but it was already booked so they told me my only other options were the beach, which my fiance' was totally against and the ballroom. I had seen some other photos of brides who had had private receptions at on of the restaurants so I inquired about that and the deal with that is, they can close one of their restaurants for you for you must have at least 40 people, its and additional $30 per person, which is a minimum of $1200 just to close the restaurant, not including the additional fees you have to pay for every person thats not covered in your package and they have to know which restaurant 2 months in advance. This is kind of the option i'm leaning towards because the beach reception is out i'm just not crazy about the additional $1200..and i'm still waiting to see pics of the ball room.

 

So word to the wise, upon booking your date, book your ceremony and reception spots immediately. I wish I would have known sooner.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

might sound a strange question but how long ago did they tell you the pool deck was full?

 

Ana told me it was full, then gabby told me I could have it?!!?!?! Maybe worth double checking x

 

Originally Posted by Missy1 View Post



 


I'm getting married at the gazebo and the only problem I've been told that there maybe with that location is that is not very private. It right by the pool area so everyone at the pool can watch your ceremony, which was fine for me (the more the merrier) but I know some people want a really private and intimate spot for there ceremony and the only choice I was given was the beach or the terrace  which doesn't hold 75 people. I've also read that if your concerned about the people at the pool being noisey or anything during the ceremony alot of brides have said that they haven't had any problems and that everyone has been very respectful as far as keeping it down during the ceremony.

 

Depending on your date, some of the reception spots maybe booked already. I really wanted the pool deck but it was already booked so they told me my only other options were the beach, which my fiance' was totally against and the ballroom. I had seen some other photos of brides who had had private receptions at on of the restaurants so I inquired about that and the deal with that is, they can close one of their restaurants for you for you must have at least 40 people, its and additional $30 per person, which is a minimum of $1200 just to close the restaurant, not including the additional fees you have to pay for every person thats not covered in your package and they have to know which restaurant 2 months in advance. This is kind of the option i'm leaning towards because the beach reception is out i'm just not crazy about the additional $1200..and i'm still waiting to see pics of the ball room.

 

So word to the wise, upon booking your date, book your ceremony and reception spots immediately. I wish I would have known sooner.
 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Very thought provoking article it really helped me set up my strategies regarding. READ MORE : Login to Hotmail, Outlook using a Windows or Mac web browser Launch your web browser and login: Firstly, you need to launch your Windows or Mac web browser. Once you have successfully done so, go to the Hotmail sign in page:  http://hotmailaccount1811.blogspot.com Enter your email address and password: Once you have reached the Outlook sign-in page, you need to enter your Hotmail email address followed by your password then click Next. Congratulations, you have signed in: On the next page, select Sign In. Feel free to explore the services that are available to 
    • OMG these are incredible! Seriously blown away by the thoughtful detail you have put into every aspect of your gifts, your guests are going to be amazed! Props to you for adding so many personal touches and putting in so much time to make these gifts amazing!
    • These bags are amazing!! You are so organized and detailed, I am so impressed! I LOVE the Vistaprint stuff you ordered, the logo is so cute, I love your personalization!
    • I love etsy!! It's a great place to find personalized gifts without such a hefty price tag. I was thinking of getting my bridesmaids personalized necklaces with their names on them. I found these ones that are affordable and you can pick the chain length and different fonts, so you can really make them your own and pick what you know each bridesmaid will want. https://www.etsy.com/listing/595334072/personalized-name-necklace-stainless?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=personalized necklace&ref=sc_gallery-3-9&plkey=a8662525c53ec285c1b46b0f308162d0591edff8:595334072
    • Hi everyone, I am so happy that I am getting married to the love of my life. He proposed me and we are getting married within in a couple of months. And I have started preparations for my big day. I am super excited about a lot of things and also worried about many things.I have some inhibitions about my face and skin. Since I am a working woman, I have never got much time for personal care. This is the right time for it now. I need  proper medical grade skin care. Want to improve my skin tone and texture  I read some details about it here, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/nonsurgical-procedures/non-surgical/skin-care/, and found it really helpful. Can anyone of you suggest me some more tips? Like what I can do at home to have a glow on my face?  Thanks in advance.
  • Topics

×