RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Originally Posted by kkvance View Post

Can i get the contact info for doremixx and can you give me a idea what the cost is for a couple of hours?

You have to book your DJ through the resort (last I heard, but it seems like lots is changing with the WCs changing!), so you can request Doremixx but you go through the resort to book him. I believe the resort charges $300 per hour (plus tax).

I didn't book him becuse of the cost.  We're doing the other option which is to bring an Ipod or Cd's and use the resort's sound system.  It's $198 per hour which is still pricey but less than a DJ.  And it comes with a music technician that will play everything when you want it (first dance, mother/son dance, etc.)

Originally Posted by colleenandclint View Post

It seems as if everyone is using DJ Doremixx.  Is that the only option?  Can anyone comment about them?  What is included in the $300/hr?  Thanks

There are other DJs, but you would have to talk to the WC to see who else they use/recommend. The price is $300/hr regardless.

I've booked Doremixx because I've heard such good things about them on here and Ivan has been great to work with so far. For that hourly rate everything you need is included: lighting, sound system, etc. They provide all the music, like a DJ would anywhere. But of course you can request and customize according to your own tastes. I don't think you would want them to entirely MC your event (but past brides chime in if I'm wrong here! I'm personally having someone else be the main MC), but they will make announcements etc if you are just looking for something basic in that regard. Also included with Doremixx (not sure about other DJs) are balloons and other fun favors, and cold fireworks. I'm really excited about those extras!

Hi everyone! This thread is full of great information! We haven't decided on our wedding date yet but we're strongly considering early October 2011 (like 10/1/11). I'm having anxieties about the weather around that time...is anyone else getting married in the fall? Has anyone been during that time of year? Our back up plan would be June, July, even August but doesn't it get really hot? Thanks in advance for your help and input.

Originally Posted by 1106wedding View Post

Hi everyone! This thread is full of great information! We haven't decided on our wedding date yet but we're strongly considering early October 2011 (like 10/1/11). I'm having anxieties about the weather around that time...is anyone else getting married in the fall? Has anyone been during that time of year? Our back up plan would be June, July, even August but doesn't it get really hot? Thanks in advance for your help and input.

I was there last year in late October, and the weather was great!  Not too hot, but still very warm.  It barely rained the entire time.  I know that some people do not have such great luck though during this time of year.

Originally Posted by 1106wedding View Post

October is at the tail end of hurricane season, and June, July, and August are in the middle of it. I was the maid of honor in a wedding 5 years ago on Oct. 20 and Hurricane Wilma hit. We spent 5-6 days just trying to get out of Mexico. Heat probably isn't your biggest concern. Make sure to ask the WC what the contingency plan is in case of hurricane if you do it during hurricane season. It will probably be cheaper and safer if you do early December. Good luck!