Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts

Hey Ladies,

 

I've emailed Ana four times I think and she still hasn't gotten back to me so......I'm hoping one of you can! I'm going to have my invitations printed up very shortly but before I order them, I needed to know if I have to put the entree choices for my guests on the response cards. We are doing a sit down rather than the buffet with the Ultimate Package, and I know you have a choice of two entrees. Do they ask the guests at dinner which they would like or do I need to include it on the response card so the resort has that information ahead of time? I've been to weddings where it has been done both ways so I'm not sure!!! Thanks girls!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonJimmy View Post
Another question for you all....I just ordered all of my overlays and have they are fuschia. I realized I did not order any napkins to match and the site did not have any at all. It is going to look silly with white napkins and I am afraid that if I order from another site, they will not match.
I don't think white napkins will look bad. I'm planning on just ordering overlays and then the matching chair sashes. Someone else on here (can't remember who) said they didn't order colored napkins and the white looked fine. The other thing you could do if you have enough time is wait until you get your overlays and then if you find fuschia napkins on another site, you could just order a sample to see if it matches your overlay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonJimmy View Post
If anyone is getting the ultimate package, have you heard anything about getting the groom a free room the night before the wedding. The hotel told my TA this would have to be decided closer to the wedding. But that is crazy. Is anyone else having this issue?
It's based on availability so they won't be able to let you know until you get there most likely...we're hoping for it, but not betting on it.
My fiance will stay with one of his brothers if necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oops sorry I answered a question that was already answered! Sorry ladies.

 

After 5 weeks...Ana got back to me and answered all 7 of my questions...phew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just booked today and confirm May 9 2011 at 4pm.cheer2.gif

 

Pretty stoked about it...it took me forever to decide on the right location and it came down to Dreams Riviera Cancun and Grand Princess and I am so pleased that I confirmed Dreams. I have absolutely no fears about anything since it's new and modern and beautiful...Knowing that Ana is a little slow eases my mind since I've read that she is great once you arrive so I will do what I can from here but will try to be relatively stress free until I arrive.

 

The (extremely long) countdown is on!

Lindsay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay in love View Post
I just booked today and confirm May 9 2011 at 4pm.cheer2.gif

Pretty stoked about it...it took me forever to decide on the right location and it came down to Dreams Riviera Cancun and Grand Princess and I am so pleased that I confirmed Dreams. I have absolutely no fears about anything since it's new and modern and beautiful...Knowing that Ana is a little slow eases my mind since I've read that she is great once you arrive so I will do what I can from here but will try to be relatively stress free until I arrive.

The (extremely long) countdown is on!
Lindsay
Congrats Lindsay! Deciding on a place and confirming a date is such a relief!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonJimmy View Post
If anyone is getting the ultimate package, have you heard anything about getting the groom a free room the night before the wedding. The hotel told my TA this would have to be decided closer to the wedding. But that is crazy. Is anyone else having this issue?
My wedding planner told us the same thing. It is based on availability that night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstock311 View Post
I don't think white napkins will look bad. I'm planning on just ordering overlays and then the matching chair sashes. Someone else on here (can't remember who) said they didn't order colored napkins and the white looked fine. The other thing you could do if you have enough time is wait until you get your overlays and then if you find fuschia napkins on another site, you could just order a sample to see if it matches your overlay?
Thanks jstock!! I will probably stick with the white then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay in love View Post
I just booked today and confirm May 9 2011 at 4pm.cheer2.gif

Pretty stoked about it...it took me forever to decide on the right location and it came down to Dreams Riviera Cancun and Grand Princess and I am so pleased that I confirmed Dreams. I have absolutely no fears about anything since it's new and modern and beautiful...Knowing that Ana is a little slow eases my mind since I've read that she is great once you arrive so I will do what I can from here but will try to be relatively stress free until I arrive.

The (extremely long) countdown is on!
Lindsay
Hey Lindsay! Congrats on the confirmation! You are the day before me! Question: did you already give your deposit and contract or did they simply confirm your date? I was told by Ana & Yasmin that I have May 10 @ 5pm....and i've sent 4 emails requesting the contract so that i can pay deposit....and I have yet to get a response. It's been close to 2 months now!!! grrrr!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×