Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts

I'm getting ready to order my invitations soon but I just thought of something. Do I need place cards? Anyone else doing them or did you just let everyone sit where they wanted to for the reception? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstock311 View Post
I'm getting ready to order my invitations soon but I just thought of something. Do I need place cards? Anyone else doing them or did you just let everyone sit where they wanted to for the reception? Thanks!
I am only having about 30 people so I am not going to do place cards. Figured I would just have people sit wherever they like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjwed View Post
Thanks for the review.. I can tell Ana will be great once we get there!!! I am so EXCITED!! 5 Months to the Day we say I DO!!!! Woohooooooooooooo
PBJ...Thank you soooo much for the recommendation of the tote bags from the dollar tree! Yesterday I called so many of them and finally found one that had a bunch of the tote bags. I picked them up for my OOT bags and I love them! They are perfect! Thanks!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonJimmy View Post
I am only having about 30 people so I am not going to do place cards. Figured I would just have people sit wherever they like.
Thanks! I think I'll skip the place cards also. We're going to have around 30 people too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstock311 View Post
I'm getting ready to order my invitations soon but I just thought of something. Do I need place cards? Anyone else doing them or did you just let everyone sit where they wanted to for the reception? Thanks!
Our place cards also served as wedding favors. We bought small picture frames and decorated them with shells. Each person (or couple) had their names in them along with the table name (Cancun, Tulum, Playa del Carmen, Cozumel, and Dreams). Then each table had a larger frame decorated with shells too. The table name was written in the center of that frame. I guess the guests all took them home because we didn't have any left. The only thing was, we forgot to tell Ana to put all of the frames on a side table. She just set them up at the tables. Not a big deal, but the guests had to look around the tables for their names. They were really pretty and I thought it added a little something to the table decor, since we only had a very simple centerpiece. We only 34 guests (including ourselves).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl View Post
Our place cards also served as wedding favors. We bought small picture frames and decorated them with shells. Each person (or couple) had their names in them along with the table name (Cancun, Tulum, Playa del Carmen, Cozumel, and Dreams). Then each table had a larger frame decorated with shells too. The table name was written in the center of that frame. I guess the guests all took them home because we didn't have any left. The only thing was, we forgot to tell Ana to put all of the frames on a side table. She just set them up at the tables. Not a big deal, but the guests had to look around the tables for their names. They were really pretty and I thought it added a little something to the table decor, since we only had a very simple centerpiece. We only 34 guests (including ourselves).
I forgot to mention, we just hand wrote the names. It was like a modified calligraphy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl View Post
Our place cards also served as wedding favors. We bought small picture frames and decorated them with shells. Each person (or couple) had their names in them along with the table name (Cancun, Tulum, Playa del Carmen, Cozumel, and Dreams). Then each table had a larger frame decorated with shells too. The table name was written in the center of that frame. I guess the guests all took them home because we didn't have any left. The only thing was, we forgot to tell Ana to put all of the frames on a side table. She just set them up at the tables. Not a big deal, but the guests had to look around the tables for their names. They were really pretty and I thought it added a little something to the table decor, since we only had a very simple centerpiece. We only 34 guests (including ourselves).
I like the idea of the tables being named....that's really cool and makes it fun. I really like the idea of the dual place card/favor. I may do something similar. A couple of my guests did mention that part of the fun is finding where your seat is rather than just picking one. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstock311 View Post
I'm getting ready to order my invitations soon but I just thought of something. Do I need place cards? Anyone else doing them or did you just let everyone sit where they wanted to for the reception? Thanks!
we have about 45 people coming. I decided to use sanddollars with our guests name written on them. I thought it was a simple beachy touch. We are going to have them in a box filled with sand and just have them propped up so each guest can choose their name and put it at whichever seat they would to sit at. We are having our own table for just the two of us though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsinbride2010 View Post
we have about 45 people coming. I decided to use sanddollars with our guests name written on them. I thought it was a simple beachy touch. We are going to have them in a box filled with sand and just have them propped up so each guest can choose their name and put it at whichever seat they would to sit at. We are having our own table for just the two of us though.
Good idea. Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsinbride2010 View Post
we have about 45 people coming. I decided to use sanddollars with our guests name written on them. I thought it was a simple beachy touch. We are going to have them in a box filled with sand and just have them propped up so each guest can choose their name and put it at whichever seat they would to sit at. We are having our own table for just the two of us though.
I love this idea! I've been wanting to incorporate this as well. We saw a picture of the sanddollars when we first started our wedding planning. The sanddollars were in a huge shell and looked awesome. Where are you buying the sanddollars?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×