Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Hall Wedding View Post
Boo, what kind of lighting is included? Do you have pics of the cold fireworks?
Contract with DJ Doremixx comes with the following:

02 Speakers JBL 15â€
02 Robotic Lights
04 Par 64 Ledâ€s (lights)
DJ Booth (With Mixer Rane and Double CD player Denon 4500, or turntables)
Wireless Microphone (Speeches and announcements)
Professional DJ (He can do the announcements)
02 Cold fireworks (See enclosed photo, ask to your wedding coordinator if they permit these cold fireworks)
Smoke machine, Bubble machine (Available only Indoors)
Souvenirs (Balloons, light sticks, masks)
Music from the 70â€s, 80â€s to the best music playing today with different genres.


I cant log onto his site, and I think I have the pictures on my comp. at home... but I am sure if you check out http://doremixx.com/ he has pictures of what cold fireworks look like, but think very large sparklers coming from the ground and about 4 - 5 feet high. You get two of them.

Happy planning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Contract with DJ Doremixx comes with the following:

02 Speakers JBL 15â€
02 Robotic Lights
04 Par 64 Ledâ€s (lights)
DJ Booth (With Mixer Rane and Double CD player Denon 4500, or turntables)
Wireless Microphone (Speeches and announcements)
Professional DJ (He can do the announcements)
02 Cold fireworks (See enclosed photo, ask to your wedding coordinator if they permit these cold fireworks)
Smoke machine, Bubble machine (Available only Indoors)
Souvenirs (Balloons, light sticks, masks)
Music from the 70â€s, 80â€s to the best music playing today with different genres.


I cant log onto his site, and I think I have the pictures on my comp. at home... but I am sure if you check out http://doremixx.com/ he has pictures of what cold fireworks look like, but think very large sparklers coming from the ground and about 4 - 5 feet high. You get two of them.

Happy planning!
When do you get the actual quote from him??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any 2011 brides out there getting prices yet? I am having difficulty with the group travel. i got a quote directly from DRC - but they said for flight contact a vendor - I have done so but the prices I am getting are higher than what I can find on-line - any suggestions for help in getting good pricing here for my guests?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsjcr View Post
When do you get the actual quote from him??
You have to go thru Ana / Resort, there are no individual quotes from DJ's. Its USD 300 + tax? for an hour for a DJ, DRC uses Doremixx and Mannia as their preferred vendors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebernard4985 View Post
For those of you who have already stayed at the resort.... is it true that the beach bar closes pretty early? I was hoping to have my guests hang out here while we take pictures instead of paying the extra money for the cocktail hour. Also, I read on trip advisor ( i know, i need to stay off that site ) that there are armed military patrolling the beach at night, and you are not allowed to walk around the resort after dark.... how accurate is this? I know my family members were hoping to swim at night... is this not allowedhuh.gif
Whoa! That's crazy! I did not see a single armed individual the entire time there and we walked around the resort at 2am with no problems...although I did not go to the beach at 2am.

As for the beach bar - I went down at 5:30 to see what the beach looked like and we had a few drinks until we left at 6:30 - but there were still people sitting in the swings. I don't remember seeing it open the first night we were there when we went for dinner at 8pm. If that helps any...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
You have to go thru Ana / Resort, there are no individual quotes from DJ's. Its USD 300 + tax? for an hour for a DJ, DRC uses Doremixx and Mannia as their preferred vendors.
Gotcha... I went through Ana and we locked him in for my date... but I never got a quote that showed all of that??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgnatko View Post
Any 2011 brides out there getting prices yet? I am having difficulty with the group travel. i got a quote directly from DRC - but they said for flight contact a vendor - I have done so but the prices I am getting are higher than what I can find on-line - any suggestions for help in getting good pricing here for my guests?
These are the group rates we got:
Inclusions
Hotel accommodations, all-inclusive meal plan, hotel taxes and round trip airport-hotel transfers.
•One (1) Complimentary VIP room upgrade for every 10 rooms booked
•One (1) Complimentary room for every 15 rooms paid, based on double occupancy, in the lead category (up to 4 rooms free)
•$100.00 in resort coupons per person (Resort coupons are applicable at the Spa (up to $40.00 per every 50 minute treatment, not applicable to Beauty Salon and Kids menu on Dreams)
•Private Check In for the group
•Welcome drink and cool towel upon arrival for the group
•Romantic dinners (up to $60.00 per every romantic dinner scheduled with the Concierge)
•$10.00 for every bottle of wine purchased


Prices:
The prices listed below are based on a minimum of 10 ROOMS and the above-mentioned inclusions. A group cannot drop below a minimum of 10 rooms and still be considered a group, regardless of hotel reduction policy.

January 20-23, 2011 – 6 Premium Deluxe Tropical/Garden View Rooms
$561.00 per person based on double occupancy
$699.00 per person based on single occupancy
$560.00 per person based on triple occupancy
$143.00 per child age 3-12
$29.00 per child under 2

Additional nights are subject to availability at the following per person per night rates:
Double = $177.00 per person per night
Single = $223.00 per person per night
Triple = $177.00 per person per night
Child age 3-12 = $38.00 per child per night


January 20-23, 2011 – 2 Premium Deluxe Ocean View Rooms
$592.00 per person based on double occupancy
$728.00 per person based on single occupancy
$589.00 per person based on triple occupancy
$143.00 per child age 3-12
$29.00 per child under 2

Additional nights are subject to availability at the following per person per night rates:
Double = $188.00 per person per night
Single = $233.00 per person per night
Triple = $187.00 per person per night
Child age 3-12 = $38.00 per child per night


January 20-23, 2011 – 2 Premium Deluxe Plunge Pool Rooms
$620.00 per person based on double occupancy
$750.00 per person based on single occupancy
$613.00 per person based on triple occupancy
$143.00 per child age 3-12
$29.00 per child under 2

Additional nights are subject to availability at the following per person per night rates:
Double = $197.00 per person per night
Single = $240.00 per person per night
Triple = $194.00 per person per night
Child age 3-12 = $38.00 per child per night

Any changes in the Group specifications, whether due to reduction/additions of persons to the Group, date changes, etc. may result in a change in the rate per person, and hence overall price. Additions will be based on availability.

Check In/Check Out:
Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. Check-out time is 12:00 p.m.

Payments/Due dates:
Initial Deposit: $50.00 per adultDue: June 7, 2010 with the submission of this signed contract
Rooming ListDue: Sixty days prior to departure
Final Bill (based on rooming list)Due: upon receipt of bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjwed View Post
Can you tell me how much it ran you? I am interested in doing this! How many people did you have?
I believe it was around $1250 for the 50 person catamaran for 3 hours and transportation to and from the resort. We had originally thought about going with the 40 person boat. There was only 35 of us, but we wanted to make sure everyone was comfortable and there was room for everyone to sit and/or walk around. I'm happy with our choice, though I'm sure the smaller one would have been just fine.

You might be able to find something different for transportation but I felt more comfortable going with the same company...this way if anything happened, I was not held responsible.

The price of the catamaran also included all you can drink and some dry snacks. I would remind your guests to grab something to eat prior to the cruise as the snacks don't go far. The sandwhiches at the coffee shop worked perfect for this! You could even have people bring a sandwhich with them, if they wanted.

The person that I had been emailing regarding my reservations was VERY helpful and responsive to my emails. His name is Jose and his contact info is:

info@marinacancun.com

I highly recommend contacting him if you are interested in this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the info! i am thinking of doing this for the guests that are coming early as we have almost 100 people.. some of our friends and family will be down before the wedding! thank u.. where did the boat take you??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstock311 View Post
These are the group rates we got:
Inclusions
Hotel accommodations, all-inclusive meal plan, hotel taxes and round trip airport-hotel transfers.
•One (1) Complimentary VIP room upgrade for every 10 rooms booked
•One (1) Complimentary room for every 15 rooms paid, based on double occupancy, in the lead category (up to 4 rooms free)
•$100.00 in resort coupons per person (Resort coupons are applicable at the Spa (up to $40.00 per every 50 minute treatment, not applicable to Beauty Salon and Kids menu on Dreams)
•Private Check In for the group
•Welcome drink and cool towel upon arrival for the group
•Romantic dinners (up to $60.00 per every romantic dinner scheduled with the Concierge)
•$10.00 for every bottle of wine purchased


Prices:
The prices listed below are based on a minimum of 10 ROOMS and the above-mentioned inclusions. A group cannot drop below a minimum of 10 rooms and still be considered a group, regardless of hotel reduction policy.

January 20-23, 2011 – 6 Premium Deluxe Tropical/Garden View Rooms
$561.00 per person based on double occupancy
$699.00 per person based on single occupancy
$560.00 per person based on triple occupancy
$143.00 per child age 3-12
$29.00 per child under 2

Additional nights are subject to availability at the following per person per night rates:
Double = $177.00 per person per night
Single = $223.00 per person per night
Triple = $177.00 per person per night
Child age 3-12 = $38.00 per child per night


January 20-23, 2011 – 2 Premium Deluxe Ocean View Rooms
$592.00 per person based on double occupancy
$728.00 per person based on single occupancy
$589.00 per person based on triple occupancy
$143.00 per child age 3-12
$29.00 per child under 2

Additional nights are subject to availability at the following per person per night rates:
Double = $188.00 per person per night
Single = $233.00 per person per night
Triple = $187.00 per person per night
Child age 3-12 = $38.00 per child per night


January 20-23, 2011 – 2 Premium Deluxe Plunge Pool Rooms
$620.00 per person based on double occupancy
$750.00 per person based on single occupancy
$613.00 per person based on triple occupancy
$143.00 per child age 3-12
$29.00 per child under 2

Additional nights are subject to availability at the following per person per night rates:
Double = $197.00 per person per night
Single = $240.00 per person per night
Triple = $194.00 per person per night
Child age 3-12 = $38.00 per child per night

Any changes in the Group specifications, whether due to reduction/additions of persons to the Group, date changes, etc. may result in a change in the rate per person, and hence overall price. Additions will be based on availability.

Check In/Check Out:
Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. Check-out time is 12:00 p.m.

Payments/Due dates:
Initial Deposit: $50.00 per adultDue: June 7, 2010 with the submission of this signed contract
Rooming ListDue: Sixty days prior to departure
Final Bill (based on rooming list)Due: upon receipt of bill
arent kids 12 and under free?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×