Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts

I went back through the thread to gather everyone's wedding date that way it's all in one place and not scattered throughout the thread. There might be some mistakes so please correct it by copying and pasting it to a new message. This also goes to all the brides who will be confirming their dates in the near future. I'll try to keep up with it as well.

 

Christine & Brandy - 11/2/2009

Laura & ? - 2/26/2010

Carina & ? - 2/27/2010

Kcgcristyn - 4/17/2010

Stephanie & Jamie - 4/24/2010

Jennifer & Michael - 5/7/2010

Margaret & Matthew - 5/15/2010

Megan & ? - 5/21/2010

Ashley & ? - 5/30/2010

Rachelle & Randal - 6/3/2010

Nancy & Bruce - 6/11/2010

Erica & John - 6/19/2010

Casey & Ron - 9/18/2010

April & Reggie - 11/6/2010

lnf_munchkin - 11/2010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2BMrs.Prince View Post
I went back through the thread to gather everyone's wedding date that way it's all in one place and not scattered throughout the thread. There might be some mistakes so please correct it by copying and pasting it to a new message. This also goes to all the brides who will be confirming their dates in the near future. I'll try to keep up with it as well.

Christine & Brandy - 11/2/2009
Laura & ? - 2/26/2010
Carina & ? - 2/27/2010
Kcgcristyn - 4/17/2010
Stephanie & Jamie - 4/24/2010
Jennifer & Michael - 5/7/2010
Margaret & Matthew - 5/15/2010
Megan & ? - 5/21/2010
Ashley & ? - 5/30/2010
Rachelle & Randal - 6/3/2010
Nancy & Bruce - 6/11/2010
Erica & John - 6/19/2010
Casey & Ron - 9/18/2010
April & Reggie - 11/6/2010
lnf_munchkin - 11/2010
Wow, that is awesome! Thanks for doing that! I had big plans to try to do that too but...what can I say.

Congrats to all the new couples that have booked/confirmed their wedding date at DRC.

Christine & Brandy - you must be so excited! Your wedding is right around the corner. We will all be waiting for your review and the photos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been MIA for the last two weeks and just read through all the new posts. It is so great that there are a number of 2009/2010 brides for the resort. Someone previously asked about the Dreams chain and the reputation. From all the reviews I have read (Dreams Tulum, Dreams Cancun and Dreams Puerto Adventuras - all in the Mayan Riviera) the brides have been fairly happy. Sure there will be some weddings that have not gone as smoothly as we all hope, but for the most part I think the chain does a good job at maintaining their level of service and professionalism. As for the pictures of the lounge furniture...I have been trying to load them onto the forum for the last 30 mins and it is not working today. I will try again in a day or so...if you visit the dreams resorts website and find the ad for the "Beach Party" you will see some furniture on there, the pics she sent me are much like that. Ana did say though that she would have to rent it so it does not sound like it is something the resort does frequently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2BMrs.Prince View Post
Megan, we are doing a group rate and currently they are holding 20 rooms for us, but our guests have until Sept. 29th to book their rooms by paying a deposit. Are your rooms booked or on hold? And if they are booked, how did you handle it? Did you pay the deposit to book them or are your guests? If your guests are, do they have a certain time frame to pay? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm a little worried that my guests only have until the 29th for the group room rate...which I think is a pretty good deal. We are quoted $492 ($4 more than your room rate) for 3nts/double occupancy in a dlx tropical garden view.

I also talked to my t.a. today and she is going to get additional pricing for 4nts for those that want to stay longer and also in other room categories. I should have pricing on this on Monday.

If anyone else has prices they can share and how you are going about securing rooms, I would appreciate it.


My wedding is about a week after yours and I was quoted the same rate $164 a night. However, I am currently having a problem with my ta getting the rooms because there are only ocean view rooms available. I have heard that the resort is almost completely sold out in June and if you do not have a contract then you will not get the lowest room rates.

My ta is through Apple Vacations and my guests only need to put down a $50 deposit to hold their rooms, which is really nice for them. I think through the resort you need to pay one night to hold the room, but I am not sure. The resort wanted me to put down 20% to block the rooms and for 25 rooms for 5 nights I would have had to pay almost 8000 to hold the rooms!!

I would just make sure that you are getting all of the current promotions available. They just switched from the every 12th person free to every 6th ROOM is free.... which means every 11th and 12th person are free!! It is an amazing deal so make sure you are getting that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an update ladies on girls booking a group rate. This is what my t.a. just sent me. I am pretty upset about it all. I dont understand why us brides should not get the promotion. Here is the email that was sent to me.

 

Hi Megan,

 

Dreams has revised the promo as of last Friday. I was on the phone with my groups department as well as Dreams trying to get some clarification. I am trying to get clarification as to if we can use this NOW with your wedding group. The revision was that it does not pertain to groups and that if your group requires special services, the resort sales manager needs to be informed. Very vague in their remarks - thus the reason we are trying to get clarification again on this. And, they just received the revision late Friday and Dreams revised the promo on their website over the weekend. Now, Dreams is saying it pertains to incentive groups, business meetings that require meeting space such as audio/visual equipment, special catering in the meeting room, etc....... We are arguing with them that you are not an incentive group, you will not have food catered into the meeting room, etc......

 

This promotion is only for social groups and does not include groups that need special services such as meeting space, events, food & beverage, etc, etc, etc. "They giveth and they taketh away". I did speak directly to Dreams on Friday and this weekend and I am sending those notes over to my supplier today. So, just hang on until we get clarification from the Director of Sales at Dreams.

 

I will let you girls know how this is resolved. I do not really see any point of putting a depoist for all of my guest if I do not get anything out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2BMrs.Prince View Post
Megan, we are doing a group rate and currently they are holding 20 rooms for us, but our guests have until Sept. 29th to book their rooms by paying a deposit. Are your rooms booked or on hold? And if they are booked, how did you handle it? Did you pay the deposit to book them or are your guests? If your guests are, do they have a certain time frame to pay? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm a little worried that my guests only have until the 29th for the group room rate...which I think is a pretty good deal. We are quoted $492 ($4 more than your room rate) for 3nts/double occupancy in a dlx tropical garden view.

I also talked to my t.a. today and she is going to get additional pricing for 4nts for those that want to stay longer and also in other room categories. I should have pricing on this on Monday.

If anyone else has prices they can share and how you are going about securing rooms, I would appreciate it.
I do not have anything in writing yet. I am waiting to see what the promo's are going to be for booking a group rate.
My t.a said if you book a room you have 6 to 7 days to put down the deposit after signing the contract.
I was thinking I would pay the depoist for the people that were not positive yet and for some of my family and friend they were going to give me the money. I just figured it would be easier to do it that way. Also my t.a mentioned that if I put the depoist down and guest backed out. I would not loose that money it could go towards my stay. But I dont know it seems like I cant get a straight answer anymore. It is kind of stressful. I think it is b/c the resort is not open yet. It is very hard to communicate with anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebernard4985 View Post
My wedding is about a week after yours and I was quoted the same rate $164 a night. However, I am currently having a problem with my ta getting the rooms because there are only ocean view rooms available. I have heard that the resort is almost completely sold out in June and if you do not have a contract then you will not get the lowest room rates.

My ta is through Apple Vacations and my guests only need to put down a $50 deposit to hold their rooms, which is really nice for them. I think through the resort you need to pay one night to hold the room, but I am not sure. The resort wanted me to put down 20% to block the rooms and for 25 rooms for 5 nights I would have had to pay almost 8000 to hold the rooms!!

I would just make sure that you are getting all of the current promotions available. They just switched from the every 12th person free to every 6th ROOM is free.... which means every 11th and 12th person are free!! It is an amazing deal so make sure you are getting that!
Thanks for the info...$50 deposit that is awesome and I would love it if my guests only had to pay that. So are you getting a group rate? If so how much time do your guests have to pay the deposit? How did you get a T.A. through Apple Vacations? Did you go through the website and call the 800#? I'll be sure to mention it to my T.A. tomorrow. She hasn't told me about receiving any additional promotions. I'll have to ask her about that too. That's weird that there are only ocean view room available because my T.A. told me that the ocean view and ocean front were waitlisted and the only ones available were the garden view. I don't care one bit, but I worried that if some of my guests wanted ocean view then maybe they wouldn't be able to. I'll let you know what she tells me. Thanks again for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christine & Brandy - 11/2/2009

Laura & ? - 2/26/2010

Carina & ? - 2/27/2010

Kcgcristyn - 4/17/2010

Stephanie & Jamie - 4/24/2010

Jennifer & Michael - 5/7/2010

Margaret & Matthew - 5/15/2010

Megan & Jason - 5/21/2010

Ashley & ? - 5/30/2010

Rachelle & Randal - 6/3/2010

Nancy & Bruce - 6/11/2010

Erica & John - 6/19/2010

Casey & Ron - 9/18/2010

April & Reggie - 11/6/2010

lnf_munchkin - 11/2010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
  • Topics

×