Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsey & Travis View Post
Have you checked the wedding guide that's online?
http://www.dreamsresorts.com/wedding...ding-guide.pdf

It has prices for the videographer, although I'm not sure what is included in each price point.
Sorry I guess I should have said what are the prices and what does it include. We are bringing a photographer and we are able to get a videographer instead with our package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan24 View Post
Hey ladies you can get banned on here for asking someone to email you. I just did a while back and it sucked. I do not want you girls to get in trouble.

You have to have 150 posts to be able to download attachments. If you start a post and you are active with it you get a point every time you respond to your own post. Hope that helps.
Wow! Thanks for letting us know. I did not realize that.
I am having Juan Navarro as my photographer but the pricing took a long time to get to me. He just quoted me a price and I am wondering about how that would compare to possible other packages out there. I did not get a whole list from him.
Thanks for the heads up!

Does anyone know what comes with the basic free package as far a decorations for the wedding ceremony or do we need to supply that? In a e-mail I have a while ago from Ana it seems they do some kind of basic set up but have not been informed what they do. I am getting married at the gazebo with just a very small amount of close family and really don't need anything fancy but was wondering about maybe a flower arrangement or something or if there is a table there. Some of the set ups I have seen have shown a table with flowers but not sure if the brides supplied that. Anyone know?

This complimentary package includes:

* Service of justice of peace or minister

* Wedding Organization and personalization of our Wedding coordinator

* Preferential location of the room in the category reserved

* Preparation and ironing of the wedding dress and grooms tuxedo/suit

* Complimentary room for the groom the night before the wedding (based on availability)

* Bride's Bouquet

* Boutonniere for the groom

* Wedding cake and sparkling wine for 10 guests

* Special turn down service at night

* 15% discount on all Spa treatments (product purchases not included)

* Honeymoon Package

* Late check-out for Bride and Groom (based on availability)

* Use of the wedding gazebo or beach front casita

* Complimentary anniversary nights (2 free nights when staying a minimum of 5 nights over first anniversary date or 1 nights free when staying a minimum of 4 nights over first anniversary date)*

This is what is listed on there website. I do not think you will get any flowers except for your bouquet. The pictures that I have seen for just the free wedding was the one on the beach. I have never seen any pics of it under the gazebo. You can always buy additional add on's at the resort. There is a price list a view pages back with pictures I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Oh for sure I think by far the easiest thing is to go thru Ana, that way you only reall have one point of contact. Maybe I am just being too picky, but I find, for example I settled on coral coloured linen (coral is tricky to begin with but I said that a shade of pink is fine too, rather than full on orange) anyhow, I got the yeah ok got it. I made sure to attach the look of what I want, a heavy looking satin with a big satin bow that goes all the way to the sand. Once I got confirmation that we are on the same page I have been asking every vendor including Ana to send me back a picture of what out of their stock they think of using to fill my request. The pictures I have been getting clearly indicate that there is a break down in communication. That is why I have contacted a # of vendors. I am most likely being silly I am just supe worried that we only really get one chance to get it 'right'
Ohhhh I see! Okay - I totally don't blame you at all and actually I appreciate you mentioning that because I should really ask her to send me pictures of exactly what they have - see I'm doing pink and orange but the pink is more raspberry and I should probably make sure thier interpertations match my expectations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberm410 View Post
Wow! Thanks for letting us know. I did not realize that.
I am having Juan Navarro as my photographer but the pricing took a long time to get to me. He just quoted me a price and I am wondering about how that would compare to possible other packages out there. I did not get a whole list from him.
Thanks for the heads up!
Hey ladies - you can also pay $25 for membership which allows you to open attachments before you reach 150 points...which is what I did :)
There's instructions in the general forum information thread - but I believe the option is under vbPlazaMenu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilly129 View Post
Ohhhh I see! Okay - I totally don't blame you at all and actually I appreciate you mentioning that because I should really ask her to send me pictures of exactly what they have - see I'm doing pink and orange but the pink is more raspberry and I should probably make sure thier interpertations match my expectations!
Ladies I am going with the raspberry/fuscia and lime green.. I want to get the chair ties myself. I dont want to spend 5 bucks for each thats crazy! Does anyone remember the website?? I also am having rectagular tables so I will go with a fuscia runner....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan24 View Post
I know how frustrating that can be. Believe me I know. What I suggest you do is send a email directly to Ana. It sucks that your TA is not taking care of it but in a way this part of the wedding planning might be better to take care directly with Ana. But you are going to be frustrated with that too. Ana does not really answer all of the questions you ask. What I have learned to do in writing a email with wedding related things.

I will number my questions example
1) Is there a additional price to have a outside photographer?
2) If so how much would the cost be?

When they do not answer your question send the email back and say you did not answer number 1 lol

This seems to work for some reason. Good luck girl I know it is frustrating it will all work out. smile03.gif
just to answer your question about outside photographer. if you bring your own from home no additional cost. If you bring a local depending who it is it could be an additional charge of 300.