Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Past brides who did the plated menu, which entrees did you choose? What do you recommend? What about hor d'oeuvres? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to know too. We have the golden menu by default (ultimate package) but will upgrade to platinum. Does anyone have the platinum menu they could post or send me? Anyone do a tasting?

HI Ladies I haven't posted on here in a while but I am getting my paperwork together for the 3 month send in. I have a couple questions I haven't seen answers to while reading throughout all the posts. I have about 70 people coming for my wedding and opted to do the buffet because I did not like many of the meal options.

1.)does anyone know does the buffet include all the options listed? or do I have to pick items?

2.)also I unhid some of the rows in the budget planning form and found that there was an option for Sushi bar as well, has anyone done this and know how much that is?

3.) I also saw an option for an ice sculpture, has anyone ever had that? if so what are your thoughts and do you know any pricing.

4.) I originally wanted 5pm for my ceremony on the beach but they said that wasn't available and gave me 6pm, will it be dark by then? my date is May 4,2014.

Hi TaraLynn! I'm getting married at Dreams on May 3rd!! We also have about 70 people coming. Your post is from a couple months ago so you probably have all of your questions answered, but if not:

1) The buffet includes all of the options that are listed

(not sure about #2 & #3)

4) We are also having our ceremony at 6pm - sunset isn't until 7:09pm I believe so you're good!

Hope planning is going well! Who is your coordinator?

Hello Brides!  I posted this on the Dreams Riviera Cancun 2014 forum also, so excuse the repeat but I wanted to make sure that everyone saw it!

I've started my planning with the coordinator, and I just wanted to fill you all in on the changes that have been made.  First, I will start by saying that I am not "pushy" but I am certainly smart in my business dealings and I don't just take answers without questioning them.  That said, many of the prices and conditions have changed.  

• Many past brides were able to exchange the cocktail hour for credit towards extra guests attending the reception.  This is NO longer being accepted.  I was told it was only for brides last year (even though I know brides this year have done it).  I explained that it is in Dreams best interest to do this as it saves them cocktail set up, a bartender, appetizers.  I was met with a swift "NO".
  • The outside vendor photography fee has doubled.   It used to be $150 and is now $300.  You also need to pay for the photographer's meal (which will be counted as an extra guest at your wedding).  I'm all for feeding the photographer, but doubling the fee is outrageous!
  • The photography prices have gone up substantially from last year.  I had an email saved that quoted $1,500 for a package, and now this year that same package is $2,500!
  • I asked if I could forgo the TTD session for an hour more of video (some other brides have done similar), and was told that there are no more credits being given for unused photography.  I even asked if I could have more images instead and was told no.  This makes no sense because it saves them a bundle of time and money.
I'm sorry to be a downer, but I wanted you all to be prepared.  I was not, and this has totally ruined my wedding planning.  My wedding is now going to cost a LOT more money than originally planned.  :(

How's everything going?

How's everything going?

Hello!  Here's my update...

We are not having the cocktail hour because no one will be there as everyone will be on the beach with us for pictures.  They are letting me add on an extra hour to the reception.  I have to pay $15 for each guest over the 20 included in the ultimate package to do this.  

The photographers were going to honor my email for the $1,500 package (plus tax of course), but I don't want to give them anymore of my money.  I have decided to bring my own photographer with me as a guest so I am not paying the outside vendor fee.

I will use the 1/2 hour of photography that would have been for the ceremony during the welcome cocktail party (if they have the time available). The photographer said that they can only confirm that they can do it 1 week before.  

I haven't filled in the form that they send at 3 months yet.  I am in the process, and will update you all if more surprises come up!

Thank you for checking on me :)  How is your planning going?

Hey all of my fellow Dreams Riviera Brides,

My husband and I are entered on Facebook to win a free honeymoon to the Now Jade in the Mayan Rivier and we would be so thankful if you are willing to help us win this vacation, so I just need you to click like on this Photo on the Pose Destination travel page and LIKE it. The couple with the most wins by March 31st wins the vacation. You can always share it on your wall too so even more people can like it!

Thanks,

Megan & J

We are currently in 2nd place of 4 couples :)

Past brides who did the plated menu, which entrees did you choose? What do you recommend? What about hor d'oeuvres? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had the:

Puffed Pastry

filled with salmon & would mushroom white wine sauce

Spinach Salad

served with duck confit & balsamic vinaigrette

Cream of Broccoli

with parmesan cheese

Beef Tenderloin

filed with vegetable julienne served in a red wine sauce

Or

Chicken Breast

filed with spinach & provolone cheese served with a saffron sauce

Everyone that I spoke with enjoyed the meal a lot, and they were more than accomodating for my lactose allergy and the 2 celiacs we had! If there is one thing this resort does well is be accomodating during a wedding 

North Beach is more private because it is away from everything besides a few palapas that they ask people to move so they are not all sitting there when your wedding is going on. South beach is by the Barracuda Bar and more public (like the Gazebo). We got married at the North Beach and it was gorgeous!

I know I've probably asked this before but I cannot find the answer when looking back..

Could anyone help me with determining the difference between North Beach & South Beach..

I remember hearing one of them was more 'secluded'

trying to determine where is the best location for our ceremony that is a little more private than the other. 

Hi TaraLynn! I'm getting married at Dreams on May 3rd!! We also have about 70 people coming. Your post is from a couple months ago so you probably have all of your questions answered, but if not:

1) The buffet includes all of the options that are listed

(not sure about #2 & #3)

4) We are also having our ceremony at 6pm - sunset isn't until 7:09pm I believe so you're good!

Hope planning is going well! Who is your coordinator?

HI Shelli!

my wedding coordinator is Ayahamint and everything is going pretty good just counting down the days, how is your planning? that's so exciting we will be down there the same time, i'm sure we will run into each other