RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Hi, Has anyone tried wearing heels when getting married on the beach? I don't fancy wearing flats and only just realised this might be difficult ha x

Welcome to the forum, EmmaW and Congrats on your Dreams beach wedding!!! have you considered wedgies? or barefoot jewelery? we've seen our brides choose some really cute ones, and there's a huge selection to choose from.......great options :)

team MTM :)

Hi we have decided to have our reception in the wine cellar as we are only a tiny wedding 7 in total, just us and our respective children. We are planning to go to the nightclub to do our first dance. Has anyone had there wedding reception in the wine cellar? And do you think the dj in the nightclub would play a request for us to do the first dance together ? Thanks guys

I think your post has been by far the most helpful! Thank you x 100!! I noticed you said (y'all) so I knew you were from Texas as well!! Again, thank you!

Monica

Has anyone shipped items to the resort, instead of bringing them on plane. I have lanterns and a few other fragile items for wedding. Iam not Sure I trust the resort to hold these items or if they even do? Not sure what to do?? Any advice would help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina26 View Post

Has anyone shipped items to the resort, instead of bringing them on plane. I have lanterns and a few other fragile items for wedding. Iam not Sure I trust the resort to hold these items or if they even do? Not sure what to do?? Any advice would help.

I asked the same question (we are getting hitched in april) and my travel agent suggested that we bring with us and pay for extra baggage.  Shipping is expensive (although we are from Maine so you may be closer) and clearing customs takes a long time!

Yes you can take extra luggage. I don't mind the fees either way we re gonna have tovpay. The thing is the centerpiece are fragile and can't pack them unless its a carry on. Iam starting to stress about carrying all this stuff. I also have other items for check in of things iam bringing down. So I figure shipping the fragile stuff will make my life easier. Iam just not sure i trust the resort to mind them till I get down there. So I was wondering if other brides sent down stuff to resort, aand had a good experience. I'm so torn

Hello!  I have been lurking on this thread for quite awhile waiting to get my confirmation on my date before posting.  I am happy to say that we will be getting married on May 29, 2014 with about 25 guests (still haven't confirmed all).  I have learned SO much from all of you...especially Savs!  Thank you, and keep posting your amazing reviews and pics!

Congratulations to you all!

Sommer