RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Hello Ladies! Iâ€m looking for advice for this resort. We are considering booking our destination wedding with Dreams Rivera Cancun. The resort looks beautiful but we are a little concerned about privacy. What is the most private outdoor location for our ceremony? Do they have a semi-private beach location? What is the most private outdoor location for our reception dinner and dance? The wooden deck that is located after the infinity pool and before the beach looks like a beautiful spot! What is this spot called? Is this semi-private and how many people will it accommodate? Thank you for your help!

Hi

Hello Ladies! Iâ€m looking for advice for this resort. We are considering booking our destination wedding with Dreams Rivera Cancun. The resort looks beautiful but we are a little concerned about privacy. What is the most private outdoor location for our ceremony? Do they have a semi-private beach location? What is the most private outdoor location for our reception dinner and dance? The wooden deck that is located after the infinity pool and before the beach looks like a beautiful spot! What is this spot called? Is this semi-private and how many people will it accommodate? Thank you for your help!
, Hi, I am getting married here in march, and from what I have previously read on here, and the advice offered by the hotel, north beach is the most private location! X

Hi Sabrina26!

We are getting married on November 21, 2013!

I am not sure what the dimensions of the tables are but I know that the tables can hold 8-10 seats.

Happy planning!

Emmy

Hi Emmyss I'am getting married Nov 22 2013 : ) I haven't ordered one thing lol are you bringing alot down with you? Or using resort decorations? Also what location is your reception? I booked the pool deck!

Hi Sabrina...how exciting!!!

The things I am bringing down are our wedding favours (heart shaped glasses for the ladies and ray ban looking glasses for the guys), table cloth overlays (the ones at the resort a complete rip off), table number frames and place cards. 

As for decorations, I am going to order 5 tall table centrepieces from the resort. I was not impressed by the crazy quotes I received from Lorena. She quoted me $250 for a bouquet I wanted and $180 for each table centrepiece!!! I decided to go with one of the bouquets included in the wedding package and with more affordable centrepieces. 

Our ceremony is at 3:30pm at the gazebo and the reception is at 6-11pm at pool deck. We have about 45 guests coming.

How many guests do you have? how many tables? and what wedding package did you choose?

Emmy 

I was just quoted US$1701 for having our reception go for an extra 2 hours for 45 quests. According to Lorena the quote includes the open bar + tax + service fee for the extra two hours. I am not impressed by the ridiculous amount, considering that we are staying at on ALL-INCLUSIVE... 

Did anyone extend their reception? and if so, was it worth it to pay US$1701 for it?

Thank you, 

Emmy 

I'am bringing down sashes, runners, table cards, table # and some candles for now and possibly some fans for ceremony. The centerpieces are ridiculously over priced. I  was thinking of  bringing down lanterns with votives for centerpiece and some shells.  Just  not sure about having to bring it all down. I haven't picked favors. I was  thinking of some items in a welcome bag and making those favors. Iam  not 100% on that idea though.  I decided on no bridal party so that helped and made my life so much easier.  We  just have MOH and BM. We  have about 45-55 guests. We  chose beach ceremony 3:30 I think only south was available which I hear isnt as private but North beach wasn't available then 4-5 photos,  cocktail hour at Jacuzzi,  and 6:00 reception on pool  terrace? The  one infront of beach.  I forget which one is which since there are 2 pool locations.

I'am bringing down sashes, runners, table cards, table # and some candles for now and possibly some fans for ceremony. The centerpieces are ridiculously over priced. I  was thinking of  bringing down lanterns with votives for centerpiece and some shells.  Just  not sure about having to bring it all down. I haven't picked favors. I was  thinking of some items in a welcome bag and making those favors. Iam  not 100% on that idea though.  I decided on no bridal party so that helped and made my life so much easier.  We  just have MOH and BM. We  have about 45-55 guests. We  chose beach ceremony 3:30 I think only south was available which I hear isnt as private but North beach wasn't available then 4-5 photos,  cocktail hour at Jacuzzi,  and 6:00 reception on pool  terrace? The  one infront of beach.  I forget which one is which since there are 2 pool locations.

I chose ultimate package. I have no idea about food. no one has gotten back to me in awhile, so  iam just waiting.

As far as extending the reception. I don't think its worth it. we are at an all inclusive, and spending all this money  already. Better off taking party to one of the lounges/bars after. That's what it seems most ppl do from what I have read.