RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Originally Posted by EmilyT View Post

Girls... I booked the honey moon suit and i really want to stay in the presidential.... how good do u think these chances are ? lol

We booked a honeymoon suite and were upgraded to a master upon arrival.  We tipped A LOT and made sure to be super kind to the wedding staff and the night of the rehearsal dinner they surprised us with the presidential suite for the rest of our stay.  It could happen!  JUST tip a lot and be super nice!

Originally Posted by MCree View Post

We only had 13 rooms booked, but that is exactly how I felt Emily. lol!  My wedding was on North Beach so after they told me we could not upgrade rooms for the week, my next plea was if we could just use it for wedding day.  I tried to be very sweet and convincing, but that didnt happen either tho! :(

Overall, it wasnt that bad because atleast our honeymoon suite was on the North side so we could look down from balcony and watch the whole set up while geting ready(def request that your room be on this side if your wedding is on North Beach! we had to move from the south side and even that was tough task!) To get to the North ceremony site, you just have to go down the elevator or stairs in the building at walk past Seaside Grill. But im not going to lie, it would have been so nice to have used the room for pics and to walk straight to the site even if just for that day! From the research i did on this site in the past, it seemed as if about 60-70% of brides get upgraded, but I really just think its just luck of the draw!  Our wedding was absolutely wonderful overall, but not getting upgraded after spending so much money and bringing in 28 guests sucked! lol!

thank you for this advice i am going to ask for my suit to be on the north side! I want to see your review again if u dont mind and i always forget where to look if u dont mind posting again id appreciate it. i am looking over other girls reviews lately to see what i've missed ;)

Originally Posted by LindseyM View Post

That's great!!!  I didn't think we paid much if anything but I had to push for it.  He must have developed a relationship with them.  They wouldn't use the resort videographer during our ceremony because they said he'd get in Mike's way and vice versa so they videoed my rehearsal dinner and had guests leave messages to us, which is nice to have too!

thats a really cool idea... we are only doing welcome cocktails but i will still try and work something out with them i think it would be nice to have some footage of our guests leaving us messages and so forth... thanx for the advice ;)

Hey ladies,

We are having our reception at Seaside Grill in July. The coordinator mentioned nothing about an extra cost for the grill but I have seen people post that there is... does anyone know what the story is with this? I'm wondering why they did not mention it.

Originally Posted by EmilyT View Post

thank you for this advice i am going to ask for my suit to be on the north side! I want to see your review again if u dont mind and i always forget where to look if u dont mind posting again id appreciate it. i am looking over other girls reviews lately to see what i've missed ;)

No problem! If you are unable to get upgraded after all, as long as you're on the left side, atleast you won't have to make that long walk across the resort in front of a big pool of people.  

Im sorry, besides just making my planning thread recently, I never got around to a full length review. If you have ANY specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them though!

Originally Posted by kerrimaxwell View Post

Hey ladies,

We are having our reception at Seaside Grill in July. The coordinator mentioned nothing about an extra cost for the grill but I have seen people post that there is... does anyone know what the story is with this? I'm wondering why they did not mention it.

I'm also having my reception there.. Eva wouldn't reserve it for me at well and then when i complained and said that was my main location I was looking forward to then she agreed to save it for me... and no charge as well... I would definitely keep the emails and print them and taken them when you go just in case they say anything different.. 

Hi girls,

I decided since so many of you have questions about the stay at the resort and what to expect to make my albums on facebook public.  I am only going to make them public for the weekend because I am very private but if you are curious I have my personal albums and then our professional photos album [has more photos than my slideshow].  Looking at them makes me think of warmer weather since we're about to get a bunch of snow this weekend!!

The links are below:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.785113624300.2136246.45901758&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.774646405690.2134279.45901758&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.774654529410.2134282.45901758&type=3

Originally Posted by LindseyM View Post

Hi girls,

I decided since so many of you have questions about the stay at the resort and what to expect to make my albums on facebook public.  I am only going to make them public for the weekend because I am very private but if you are curious I have my personal albums and then our professional photos album [has more photos than my slideshow].  Looking at them makes me think of warmer weather since we're about to get a bunch of snow this weekend!!

The links are below:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.785113624300.2136246.45901758&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.774646405690.2134279.45901758&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.774654529410.2134282.45901758&type=3

Gorgeous photos!! thank you for sharing xxx