Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by Rach0636 View Post

 

Here is a couple pics that a guest at the wedding took. Don't get to meet with the photographer to see the real ones until tomorrow!

 

 

*

 

*

*

 

 

 

 

congrats Rach! Looks beautiful! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by loripanori View Post

 

Has anyone else been quoted prices for centerpieces and bridesmaids bouquets?  I think Savs said she paid $60 for both the centerpieces and the bridesmaids bouquets, but Lorena just quoted me $80 for the same centerpiece (MAYA 22) and $85 for a slightly different bouquet (BQT 13 - I think Savs had BQT 16, both are lilies and roses).  This trip and wedding is costing a ton at this point, so I get frustrated when it feels like they're overcharging and trying to squeeze every last dollar out of us.  Some of the charges for flowers, and to rent lights and some of the extra add-ons that they can just reuse on the next wedding, seem so high!  And don't get me started on the cost to rent the sound system.  I feel like we could buy a freaking sound system for less than we are paying to rent it for the ceremony and reception.  

Ok, end of rant :)

Eva actually quoted me $60 for the bouquets and then Lorena came back and told me $80 but because she had already told me $60 they honored it. Even $80 I felt was a good price for the quality of our bouquets. We did have Maya 22. I really do think they are very inconsistent with prices. 

 

I just found the email I exchanged with Lorena: 

 

Maya 24 - but with pink and orange flowers  the cost is $85 usd + tax

Maya 33 - but with pink and orange flowers  the cost is $80 usd + tax

Maya 22 - but with hot pink flowers instead of the light pink. the cost is $60 usd + tax

 

I will say this though... I feel like we got ALOT for the money we paid. Everything that we did there would have been over $20,000 here in Houston and we got out for right at $8,000 in Mexico. We took a lot of stuff with us and they didn't charge us to do any of it! I mean they could have charged for decorating the tables with our own decorations, tying our chair sashes we brought, etc. And the lighting.... those guys have to go out there and dig deep holes and run electricity to those poles. So, the $150 for the bamboo poles seemed like a very reasonable price. You will see when you get there how hard everyone works and really how reasonable the prices are for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Rach0636 View Post

 

Here is a couple pics that a guest at the wedding took. Don't get to meet with the photographer to see the real ones until tomorrow!

 

 

*

 

*

*

 

 

 

 

 

O wow ! you look gorgeous !! congrats to you both! can not wait to read your review :0) xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info Savanah, and congratulations on your wedding!!

 

RE: #2- There is no way to move the party to the beach vs Desires? I wanted to keep it a little private. 

 

Could you please send me the link you were referring to, as well as the TTD slideshow? I didn't see it in your response.  

=) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by junebridetobe View Post

 

Thanks for the info Savanah, and congratulations on your wedding!!

 

RE: #2- There is no way to move the party to the beach vs Desires? I wanted to keep it a little private. 

 

Could you please send me the link you were referring to, as well as the TTD slideshow? I didn't see it in your response.  

=) 

Here is the link for the sunset times:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=923

 

and the TTD slide show is on the same link as the wedding pictures. If you look in the left hand upper corner there are 2 links, wedding and TTD slideshow. 

 

Where are you wanting to have your reception at? I just don't think there is anyway to move the party to the beach because it is pitch black. And I believe that they say receptions have to end by 11pm. Meaning, they will have already torn down the reception set up, lighting, bar staff, servers, etc. The only bar that would be open after this time would be Desires or the lobby bar. All the beach bars are closed at 6pm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Savs1027 View Post

 

Here is the link for the sunset times:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=923

 

and the TTD slide show is on the same link as the wedding pictures. If you look in the left hand upper corner there are 2 links, wedding and TTD slideshow. 

 

Where are you wanting to have your reception at? I just don't think there is anyway to move the party to the beach because it is pitch black. And I believe that they say receptions have to end by 11pm. Meaning, they will have already torn down the reception set up, lighting, bar staff, servers, etc. The only bar that would be open after this time would be Desires or the lobby bar. All the beach bars are closed at 6pm. 

 

sorry here is the link to our slideshow. For some reason it isn't pasting. 

http://171212ryan.dreamsriveriacancun.adventurephotos.com.mx/#/ryan/

 

Hope this helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Rach0636 View Post

 

 

Hey Savs how long did it take until they sent you your slideshow and picture book? Did they send the sideshow through email?

 

We got married on Monday and had our pictures in our hand Thursday night. We sat in the wedding office and picked all of them for a few hours that night and Santiago burned our CD for us right then since Anel was off. We got to see our wedding slideshow that night too, but I asked if she would change a few of the pictures so she did that and facebook messaged me the link to it on Friday night. 

We didn't feel like picking our pictures for our photobook at that time so haven't received that yet. I just sent those to her a few weeks ago and the email confirmation I got said it could be up to 4 weeks for it to be shipped to us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so glad you booked Mike!  You will notttt be disappointed!!  

Originally Posted by ZachJess2013 View Post

I
I have also booked Mike for August 1 and I had to fight fight fight I also told them that I would switch resorts.. Had to do the say for my photographer.. I just emailed and emailed relentlessly until they said yes and then printed the emails to take with me lol I agree it's super annoying and I refuse to pay a dime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×