Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosieposie View Post
Hi all! Would it be too early to start booking for next march? or too late even - you all see to have it "together"....I'm only planning on a small beach ceremony....4-6 people max. which haven't gotten much attention from travel agents.
Definitely not too early! And you are not too late, either! Welcome to the forum! If you are just having a small wedding with a few people I would recommend going through Dreams directly and not worrying about a travel agent. OR, contact travel agents and let them know you are just going with a group, not as a wedding. Once you say "wedding" everything changes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a random question to brides who are farther along into planning their wedding at Dreams.. I saw a post in a different Dreams thread about surcharges for an outside vendor coming on site (not just a day pass charge) - is this something ALL dreams are doing for 2010 or just that one? I copy & pasted what was in the other thread because I'm not really sure how to link to it:

EXTERNAL PROVIDERS POLICIES

The Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel policies, do not allow external suppliers to provide their service inside properties installations, in areas such as entreteiment, decoration, illumination, audiovisual, equipment, rentals, photography, etc.

The Hotel has all the necessary services for such events and therefore, we take the full responsibility to protect the respected name and reputation of our Company using our own services, please, allow us to manage your private event; otherwise in the case of services by an external provider absolutely necessary, and/or requested by our client for success of the event, the Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel will apply a surcharge for our services´ displacement, which is based on the total of participants in such private event, as follows:

• From 0 to 50 people: the charge will be 500 usd American dollars

• From 51 to 100 people: the charge will be 1,000 usd American dollars

• From 101 to 150 people: the charge will be 1,500 usd American dollars

• From 151 to 200 people: the charge will be 2,000 usd American dollars

Also, as per for the external providers contractor, must leave a 500 usd American dollars guarantee deposit in case of property and/or installations damage.

If there is no damage, such deposit will be returned once the event is over and has been reviewed by our personnel, making sure the installations were presented clean and in perfect condition without any damage whatsoever.

We must mention that if the client decides to use the services of an external provider, the Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel has certain rules, policies and procedures to be observed:

1. The Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel Security personnel will request of the external provider a detailed inventory describing of the external provider a detailed event which they will bring into the Hotel in order to control entrance and exit of equipment.

2. The external suppliers is 100% responsible for the equipment entering the property, the Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel is not responsible for damage nor theft of such equipment.

3. The external provider must advise the Events Coordinator Management at list 1 (one) day in advance, the time of equipment arrival to be used in Hotel installations, and also a list of the personnel (full name, profession, craft, etc.) who will be working in mounting, planning, design, decoration, etc of the event so that each of the personnel before entering the installations passes the Hotel Security Booth of presenting identification and for receive a nametag of external provider.

4. The external provider will have no right to be in the guest area, but should only be in their working area or designated area for the event, on the contrary, will be expelled from the property immediately.

5. It is prohibited to drill, nail, pull down, etc.. any Hotel area nor installations.

6. It is prohibited to connect to lighting system or internal energy source in the Property; if the provider requires light energy for the event, they must advise the coordinator of the event so he or she can notify our Maintenance Manager who will approve where they can connect.

7. It is mandatory that the personnel of the external provider maintain proper and respectful behavior while on Hotel premises.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ashly just about every hotel, Dreams or otherwise, has an outside vendor fee, at DRC I believe its USD 80 (ladies correct me if I am wrong I looked into this some months back) at others I have checked it was USD 100, so in that ball park, in any case I havent come across a fee as steep at USD 500 - yikes - the fee that I was quoted is per person though

 

One of the things that has urked me a fair bit though is that Dj Doremixx quotes USD 650 for 3 or 4 hours, but at DRC its USD 300 per hour, so for the same 4 hours its USD 1,200 - thats double! and Ana says that any Dj booking has to go thru her - Dj Doremixx and Dj Mannia are the two they work with - the hotel is pocketing USD 550 for nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlynn039 View Post
Just a random question to brides who are farther along into planning their wedding at Dreams.. I saw a post in a different Dreams thread about surcharges for an outside vendor coming on site (not just a day pass charge) - is this something ALL dreams are doing for 2010 or just that one? I copy & pasted what was in the other thread because I'm not really sure how to link to it:
My guess, from reading that quote, is that this surcharge applies if you are having outside Wedding/Event planners. I am not sure what the policy on outside wedding coordinators is for DRC. I am having an outside photographer and Ana did not tell me that there would be a surcharge or any other fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Laura & Boo, I really want an outside photographer and don't want it to break the bank with the cost plus the extra surcharges! sad.gif My TA never mentioned anything about a per person charge - yikes!

 

Boo - that is insane about the cost markup of the DJ!! I guess this destination wedding idea isn't going to be as cheap as my fiance thought

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlynn039 View Post
Thanks Laura & Boo, I really want an outside photographer and don't want it to break the bank with the cost plus the extra surcharges! sad.gif My TA never mentioned anything about a per person charge - yikes!

Boo - that is insane about the cost markup of the DJ!! I guess this destination wedding idea isn't going to be as cheap as my fiance thought
I have definitely learned the hard way that the DW isn't as cheap as I originally thought it would be! The problem for me is that I want all the extras :) I guess if you can stick with the basics, it could be cheap. However, even though I am spending more than I thought I would, it is still way cheaper than a wedding at home would have been!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by kymkymkym View Post
How many people are you all planning on having at your wedding?
Including us, there will be 30 all together. We invited about 80. Although we knew when we sent the invitations that at least half would not come, we did have some surprise "no's".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I just wanted to share with you guys.. I wanted to have maracas at the ceremony because I saw on the forum somewhere a picture of maracas on the chairs at the ceremony with a little tag that says "shake at the kiss"...It looks really cute and I think that everyone shaking the maracas would make a great picture! So, I found also that there is someone, who is also on the forum, who makes these. Her name is Mishka from Mishka Designs. She is super nice and her maracas are hand painted and really pretty. She is in Puerto Vallarta and will ship the maracas directly to the resort. I thought this was great..they look beautiful and I don't have to worry about buying them down there or packing them to take with me! Here is her website...

Mishka Designs' Blog: A Maraca By Any Other Name...

and here is the thread about her work...

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...maracas-51655/

 

By the way...I just noticed my ticker is down to just days...yikes!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura22610 View Post
Oh, I just wanted to share with you guys.. I wanted to have maracas at the ceremony because I saw on the forum somewhere a picture of maracas on the chairs at the ceremony with a little tag that says "shake at the kiss"...It looks really cute and I think that everyone shaking the maracas would make a great picture! So, I found also that there is someone, who is also on the forum, who makes these. Her name is Mishka from Mishka Designs. She is super nice and her maracas are hand painted and really pretty. She is in Puerto Vallarta and will ship the maracas directly to the resort. I thought this was great..they look beautiful and I don't have to worry about buying them down there or packing them to take with me! Here is her website...
Mishka Designs' Blog: A Maraca By Any Other Name...
and here is the thread about her work...
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...maracas-51655/

By the way...I just noticed my ticker is down to just days...yikes!!


Wow Laura thanks for sharing that - awesome idea, we might have to borrow this idea and do it as well (man I can see how this might end up being more money than what we first thought! haha)

Congrats - I wish I was down to just days!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×