Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts

Also... does anyone know how much they charge per additional guest... ???
For 2012 the price per additional person is $48+11%tax+15%service fee. That is the dinner price. Cocktail hour price is $26+11tax+15%service fee. Kid prices are age 0-5 free, 6-12 is half adult price and kids 13 and older pay adult price. Hope that helps. :0)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone bringing an outside photographer?  I was told that Dreams doesn't allow outside vendors but then none of my questions regarding buying my photographer a wedding day pass were answered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by melinmontana View Post

 

 

For 2012 the price per additional person is $48+11%tax+15%service fee. That is the dinner price. Cocktail hour price is $26+11tax+15%service fee.

Kid prices are age 0-5 free, 6-12 is half adult price and kids 13 and older pay adult price.

Hope that helps. :0)

thank you so much =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Judany View Post

 

 

 

 

I'm a bit late on this but would anyone be able to email me these? judany@gmail.com I don't have enough posted to get them off the forum.  Thanks in advance.

 

I have emailed them to you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, i am bringing an outside videographer because ive looked a lot of the resorts photography work and its very good quality, you should look at their slideshows- very nice. they do allow outside vendors, lorena just wrote back to me and let me know my videographer would be 150$ to come for the day and if he brings an assistant its 300$. i think its a little steep but their video companys is poor quality so i feel like i have no choice ( and like they should lower the cost lol ) So just let your coordinator know, and be prepared to spend 150$ for any outside vendor. it is allowed definetly!

 

Originally Posted by BettyT View Post

Is anyone bringing an outside photographer?  I was told that Dreams doesn't allow outside vendors but then none of my questions regarding buying my photographer a wedding day pass were answered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am planning on a rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding and Lorena just let me know that even though im only having about 18 people, I still have to pay 15$ per person plus all the taxes etc to reserve an area in a restaurant. does anyone have an opinion on this, like should we just show up at a restaurant early and ask to be seated ? i really dont mind spending $$ but their dinner would be free if we all ate seperate, so it is a little silly. i dont want a restaraunt closed down, just one long table set for my bridal party. . .

 

also havent seen a review in a while. . . . . where did everyone go ? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by EmilyT View Post

 

I am planning on a rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding and Lorena just let me know that even though im only having about 18 people, I still have to pay 15$ per person plus all the taxes etc to reserve an area in a restaurant. does anyone have an opinion on this, like should we just show up at a restaurant early and ask to be seated ? i really dont mind spending $$ but their dinner would be free if we all ate seperate, so it is a little silly. i dont want a restaraunt closed down, just one long table set for my bridal party. . .

 

also havent seen a review in a while. . . . . where did everyone go ? lol

 

I am piggy backing on what Emily said. I think charging (already guests) to eat together is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. I mean c'mon... we are all dishing out thousands of dollars and we can't even have a rehearsal dinner for free!

thatswck.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Girls- I have a question regarding bridesmaids hair and makeup.  We are paying for all 7 bridesmaids dresses, shoes jewelry, clutch and a beach bag filled with other goodies. I would really like all of them to have their hair and makeup professional done, the spa at Dreams quoted me $102 per person for both hair and makeup (we get 15% off for booking the ultimate package) So my question is who pays for their hair and makeup...are my fiance and I expected to or should the bridesmaids?? I know with weddings I've been in locally I've always paid for my own but being destination wedding Im not sure what the etiquette is...Let me know your thoughts and what any of you plan on doing.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by JustNoelle View Post

 

 

I am piggy backing on what Emily said. I think charging (already guests) to eat together is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. I mean c'mon... we are all dishing out thousands of dollars and we can't even have a rehearsal dinner for free!

thatswck.gif

And this is exactly why we are not doing a rehearsal dinner :) 

 

We are having a meet and greet in the Lobby bar 2 nights before the wedding. It's going to be at 5pm... Everyone can drink (for free) and mingle and Then whoever wants to can all show up to the restaurant together and eat together. A tip goes a long way in Mexico so I'm sure a tip could get your 18 people sitting together. 

 

And if I remember what Lorena said correctly, even paying the $15 per person does not guarantee you at the same table. You will be in the same section but not everyone at the same table. The only way you are guaranteed same table is if you close the restaurant down.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×