Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl View Post
I was originally going to do the gazebo so I wasn't worried about the style of shoe. But now that I am considering the beach wedding, I'm not sure what to do. (almost sounds like I am a poet...ha!) I would rather go barefoot than wear some dorky shoe that I can wear in the sand. Does anyone know if the sand will be too hot in May to walk barefoot? I was going to email Ana with this question, but since she gets so many emails I figured I shouldn't bother her with these little questions. I think most of you are planning on getting married on the beach. What are you doing?
Funny you are asking this....I came on to ask kind of the same question! I was hoping to be barefoot on the beach for the ceremony. I think that I read somewhere...maybe on facebook...that the sand wasn't hot even though the sun was. I know someone who got married at another resort in the Riviera Maya in August and she was barefoot for her beach ceremony. My question though...I wanted to wear heels for the reception and I am having my reception on the pool deck. Can you wear heels on the deck or would they get stuck between the boards? I also am not sure how that would work out as far as getting my dress altered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR2010 View Post
Hi there,
We are thinking about booking the DRC and wanted to know if anyone out there got any perks for booking 20+ rooms? We are planning on 40-60 people during a slow off peak week Oct 26-Oct 31. Hopefully having the wedding on the 29th.

We were hoping with that many people we could get our room for free. The dreams website talks about a buy 5 rooms get the 6th free, and a different promo with 15 rooms and 1 free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura22610 View Post
Hi and Welcome! I did not get anything like that. I don't have 20 rooms booked though. I have 16 rooms (we will have about 30 people). I think that the promotions on the Dreams site do not include weddings. There was something like that going on when I booked and my TA contacted the resort about it and they said the promotions don't apply to wedding groups sad.gif I was hoping to be able to get something free too!
The 6th room free promotion unfortunately does not apply to wedding groups. It does say somewhere on the website in the fine print that this is only for "social" groups not requiring any other event services, or something like that. However, the new "free ride" promotion where you get one room free for every 15 booked I *think* would apply to weddings as it is specifically for event groups. But I think you would have to check with Dreams for sure on that one as I imagine that it is more geared towards business groups (i.e. conferences, meetings) rather than weddings, but really in the fine print it does not say anything about this so I would push for it!

I don't know if it's just cause we booked so far in advance or what but we were able to get from Dreams:
- every 12th person free
- one room upgrade for every 10 rooms booked
- a private welcome cocktail for our group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess402 View Post
The 6th room free promotion unfortunately does not apply to wedding groups. It does say somewhere on the website in the fine print that this is only for "social" groups not requiring any other event services, or something like that. However, the new "free ride" promotion where you get one room free for every 15 booked I *think* would apply to weddings as it is specifically for event groups. But I think you would have to check with Dreams for sure on that one as I imagine that it is more geared towards business groups (i.e. conferences, meetings) rather than weddings, but really in the fine print it does not say anything about this so I would push for it!

I don't know if it's just cause we booked so far in advance or what but we were able to get from Dreams:
- every 12th person free
- one room upgrade for every 10 rooms booked
- a private welcome cocktail for our group

Hmm...just called my TA about this. That's awesome you got all of that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebernard4985 View Post
I spoke to Ana about tablecloths and decorations and the prices are RIDICULOUS! I cannot imagine paying $25 to rent a tablecloth and $5 for a bow on the chair! I would much rather spend that money on my guests excursions! So, I found this website and have decided to buy these items and they are really cheap, then maybe after the wedding I can sell them to another DB! I already got them in the mail and they fold up really small so they will not take up a lot of room in your luggage!

tablecloths-chair covers- table linens-sashes wholesaler

Bows were $0.79-0.99
Tablecloths were $5.99-13.99
Thanks for the info! I'm now starting to think about table decorations and everything else so this helps out. These are great prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl View Post
Hi all,

I didn't know what the best way would be to post my photos of the resort. Just so you know, I only posted those that pertain to the wedding.

I commented on some of them, so you could understand why I was taking the photo. I believe the comment only shows up if you click on the photo itself. It should be at the bottom of the screen. I'm new to photobucket, so I hope it works.

Try this link and let me know if you have any questions about any of the photos.

Cancun pictures by jenwinston - Photobucket
Thanks for the photos. It really helps visualize things. Do you know if you have to pay extra to have the lounge furniture for the cocktail hour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2BMrs.Prince View Post
Thanks for the photos. It really helps visualize things. Do you know if you have to pay extra to have the lounge furniture for the cocktail hour?
You don't have to rent the furniture but you have to pay for the labor of moving it. I don't know what that price is. I'm sure it varies. Where are you thinking of having the cocktail hour?

Yeah 25 per when you can buy them for under 10 is crazy, but I do wonder whether the hassle of carrying them down, ironing them as I am sure you would have to and carrying them on the plane is actually worth it. Plus what are you going to do with 6 or 7 tablecloths? Speaking out loud here though, I am quite picky so seing the product ahead of time has its advantages as well... what to do what to do

Quote:
I think that our groomsmen will be wearing tan linen pants and white shirts. My FI got a tan linen suit from here... Linen Suits and it is really nice. The jacket was too big and we exchanged it with no problem...they were really good to deal with. There was also a thread on here, I think, about this place... Linen Suit - 8 Colors [Linen Suit] - $99.00 : Studiosuits.com, Custom Suits | Designer Suits I never ordered anything from them but the prices seem really good.
Those suits look really nice. Is the material good quality? How long did it take for it to arrive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2BMrs.Prince View Post
Those suits look really nice. Is the material good quality? How long did it take for it to arrive?
The suit is really nice. In fact,when we took it to get altered, the person doing the alterations commented on how it was good material and that the sewing was really good. It took about a week to arrive. I think the company (MisterShop) is in Chicago because when I sent it back to exchange, I sent it to Chicago.

Quote:
The suit is really nice. In fact,when we took it to get altered, the person doing the alterations commented on how it was good material and that the sewing was really good. It took about a week to arrive. I think the company (MisterShop) is in Chicago because when I sent it back to exchange, I sent it to Chicago.
Where did you get the groomsmen clothes?