Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Normajeane - PM me your email address and I will send you the newsletter (they will deliver it for $2 per room - I wonder if that's negotiable...hahaha)

And I can send you info on Elizabeth Medina - I booked her for my wedding!

or just email me if that's easier - casey.myers@pioneerinvestments.com

Ohhh gift bag ideas - I requested info from a chocolate store in Playa - they have super cute "authentic mexican chocolate" sampler bags for about $2.30 - it includes 6 chocolates - white, milk and dark - 2 peices each. The store is: Ah Cacao Real Chocolate - Welcome

If anyone wants the product price list (it includes pictures) please email me - casey.myers@pioneerinvestments.com if you can't open the attachment.

We're also getting personalized koozies that say "to have and to hold and to keep your drink cold" as well as Mexican Wedding cookies. That's all we've decided on so far.

Ah Cocoa.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by normajeane77 View Post
thanks for posting the buffet options!
Do you know how the menu works? Do you only get to choose one option for salad, hot dish, etc? Or does it come with all of the different dishes on the list?
Wow, I have not been on for a few days and I missed a lot! I am going to do my best to catch up!!

With the sit-down dinner menu, you only get to choose one appetizer, one salad, one entree, etc. If you wanted more than one option, you have to pay extra. With the buffets, you get everything that is listed with the buffet you choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl View Post
I'm working on my invitations right now. Has anyone created the wording for their invitations yet? I needed some help with this but created a thread on the invitation link and didn't get a lot of feedback. Anyhow, if anyone has suggestions, please share it with me.

Also are you putting the resort address on the invitation? If so, is this what you are using?

Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
77580 Quintana Roo
Puerto Morelos, Mexico

FYI, here's the intro poem that I found. I was looking for more examples but didn't see a lot and liked this best from the samples that I saw:

"A perfect shell is a gift from the sea as beautiful
and unique as our love is meant to be"
I used this on my invitations...I have pictures of them but they are on my sister's camera. As soon as I can get a hold of her camera, I will post pictures!

Because youâ€ve shared in our lives
with your friendship and love,

Laura
and
Don

Invite you to share with us
the sun, the sand, and the sea
as we become husband and wife

friday the twenty- sixth of february
two thousand and ten
at five oâ€clock in the evening

dreams riviera cancun resort
riviera maya, mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamrgrl1480 View Post

We are going with the Ultimate package. As for bouquet options I sent Ana a picture of what I would like and she said it can be arranged for $180. Also I found the website for the florists that the resort used and found a gorgeous tropical orange and fuchsia centerpiece not included in the pdf Ana sent me. I am positive they can arrange pretty much anything that you want...for a price. Here is the website:

.::: Maya Diseño Floral Profesional :::. Flores y Plantas Exóticas

Center Pieces by Maya Diseño Floral Profesional

Thank you again for sharing all of your information and pictures!

Rebecca & William
8/9/10

Welcome Rebecca! Thank you for the links to the florist website! This was very helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess402 View Post
I would be curious to know what kind of chairs are included with the packages (and whether it differs by package?), and which are extra (and how much $$ extra). I've seen pics with these brown chairs, similar looking chairs in white, and then most resorts also have the typical chairs with white covers and chair bows which I also think are lovely (but I can't say that I've seen pics of this type yet at DRC). If you find out more about this from Ana, can you let us know?

I asked Ana about the chairs that are included with the "free" pool deck set-up. She said you have two choices...the chairs with the white covers or white garden chairs (the white version of those nice wood chairs).

Normajeane, I was looking back through some old posts and realized I was wrong about who the in-house photographer is. Looks like you may be able to request Juan Navarro or Sweet Caribbean? (see the post from SDbeachgirl below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by normajeane77 View Post
Thank you for your help!
I have to say that I have looked at the Juan Navarro photos, and he just isn't my style. I am going to look into other photographers. Elizabeth Medina is amazing, but I wonder what her pricing is like. I am going to request her if possible.

I never could find information on the Sweet Caribbean photographers. I booked Claudia Rodriguez for my wedding. I looked into Elizabeth Medina - she wasn't available for my wedding date and she was a little pricey for my budget also. From my understanding, if you don't use the resort photographers (Juan or Sweet Caribbean), you do not get the 50 pictures, etc. You pay all on your own for your photographer and your pictures. I am not clear, however, on whether or not you have to pay for a day pass for other photographers. I got permission from Ana to use Claudia Rodriguez but she didn't say anything about me having to pay extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilly129 View Post
Ohhh gift bag ideas - I requested info from a chocolate store in Playa - they have super cute "authentic mexican chocolate" sampler bags for about $2.30 - it includes 6 chocolates - white, milk and dark - 2 peices each. The store is: Ah Cacao Real Chocolate - Welcome
If anyone wants the product price list (it includes pictures) please email me - casey.myers@pioneerinvestments.com if you can't open the attachment.
We're also getting personalized koozies that say "to have and to hold and to keep your drink cold" as well as Mexican Wedding cookies. That's all we've decided on so far.

This is great! Thanks so much for posting this. I am doing out of town bags so I was looking for something small to give as a favor at the wedding reception and this would be perfect! How are you ordering these? Are you having them mailed to you or are you picking them up when you get to Mexico?

thanks!

Do you happen to have a pricing list from Claudia Rodriguez?

I love the chocolate idea for the oot bags...I have been to that store in Playa del Carmen-great chocolate!! The one thing to think about though is that it is VERY hot in Mexico, even in the evening. If your reception is outside, the chocolate wouldn't last long at all.

I am planning to buy them when I get down there - I emailed thier website and have a contact so I'm planning to pre order them and then pick them up the day I get down there.

Totally true about it being hot and having melty chocoloate - what about Mexican Wedding cookies as the favor? They (I think) might hold up better in heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
SDBeachgirl sorry forgot to mention I look first at taffeta overlay, organza for me is a bit of a hit or a miss, although I may buy it here and bring it with, still trying to limit amount of items that will be purchased

Our colors are turquoise/blue and orange/coral/pink, so when I came across the set up (see link) I really liked it, I might just ask Ana to duplicate it, all in blue no green though
Hey Boo.. can you email me this attachment? I cannot open it and aqua and orange or coral is that I am thinking for my colors, too... although I have a ton in the air :) My email is robyndstanley@gmail.com

Thanks!

Also to all- I have been emailing back and forth with Ana about the concerns and she is talking with management....she says. And she told me that she has a wedding Jan. 9th that is being held in a more private location- that they have never done before that she would fwd the pics to me... I will send along once I got them.

Goodafternoon Ladies!

I'm new to the board and have booked our ceremony at DRC.

We haven't decided yet on a Ceremony site, or Reception site yet on the resort. Any pointers on where to pick? I'm not too worried about the privacy, and i also like how someone was saying that the gazebo could be decorated with cloth on the sides instead of the flowers? Is that right or did i misread?

I also have to ask Ana. We booked the 11am slot for September 6, 2010, but i'm not sure, do we have to have our reception dinner right after? Or can we do it more towards the evening and use the Coctail Hour as more like a welcome for our guests when they all arrive?

I also don't have enough points yet to veiw attachments, so i can't wait until i do! I'm sure there's a ton of information in there!

Thank you all for your help already and your help in the future!

Dorothy