Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Hi everyone! Its been such a long time since I was on the forum. School has kept me very busy lately. I wanted to take a minute to break away from my hectic lif to share with everyone some photos Ana sent me of the deck and the pool area for the reception.

Has anyone decided what location to have their ceremony at?

There is another wedding on the same date as mine so I originally nervous I wouldnt get the deck (thats what I wanted all along) and now I'm nervous that if the other bride chooses the pool area her party will be right next to mine. Ana has assured me that everything will be perfect but I worry too much.

Any way hope everyone enjoys the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmontgo View Post
Hi everyone! Its been such a long time since I was on the forum. School has kept me very busy lately. I wanted to take a minute to break away from my hectic lif to share with everyone some photos Ana sent me of the deck and the pool area for the reception.

There is another wedding on the same date as mine so I originally nervous I wouldnt get the deck (thats what I wanted all along) and now I'm nervous that if the other bride chooses the pool area her party will be right next to mine. Ana has assured me that everything will be perfect but I worry too much.

I would love to see pics! I haven't decided where to have my reception yet. I wanted to see pics before I chose and last time I asked Ana she didn't have any. The pics didn't come up in your post though...

Quote:

would love to see the pictures as well!!!! welcome back :-)

Quote:

Did you decide on the deck? That's what I decided on, though I haven't seen it yet. I was told that I can change my mind. There isn't a wedding at the same time is yours is there? I thought there was only room for one in the morning and one at sunset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBlondie View Post
has everyone (or anyone) decided on their bridesmaid dress colour? Now that I see the flower options I am not sure what colour I should be thinking...any suggestions?
I chose a strange color...Orange! It looked best on my girls...it's an orange organza overlay over hot pink, like a gerber daisy! I've seen photos of wedding parties at the beach & bright colors look great, contrasting with the blues of the ocean & sky. Good luck in choosing a color - i'm sure it'll look great, whatever you choose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsinbride2010 View Post
I also am not a fan of the wedding gazebo or the location of it. I talked to Ana about it and she said we have the option of having the wedding on the beach. They will set up a canopy with white clothes hanging, white garden chairs, and table with white cover. I am planning on having everything on the beach; ceremony, dinner, and dancing. I am not sure what everyone else is planning.
I'm also not a big fan of the wedding spaceship gazebo...like you, I want to have all the activities right on the beach. I tried asking Ana about when the reception starts, etc. She said that it lasts 3 hours & it's $15 + tax/guest for each extra hour you want to extend the reception. Does anyone know what time the reception starts? I don't wanna stop the dancing & party at 9pm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl View Post
Did you decide on the deck? That's what I decided on, though I haven't seen it yet. I was told that I can change my mind. There isn't a wedding at the same time is yours is there? I thought there was only room for one in the morning and one at sunset.
The wedding isnt the same time but the reception is the same time. My wedding is at sunset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsinbride2010 View Post
I also am not a fan of the wedding gazebo or the location of it. I talked to Ana about it and she said we have the option of having the wedding on the beach. They will set up a canopy with white clothes hanging, white garden chairs, and table with white cover. I am planning on having everything on the beach; ceremony, dinner, and dancing. I am not sure what everyone else is planning.
There is a link somewhere back a few pages on this thread from the first wedding that took place at Dreams Riviera Cancun. It was a ceremony on the beach, so just work your way backwards if you want to see. It was really beautiful and made me feel better about possibly wanting this resort as my wedding venue. Still can't decide though!