Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBlondie View Post
that sounds so nice, do you have picture of them? My two bridesmaids are different shape and colouring and they are not providing me with much input. Wondering if anyone knows if one colour is better than another for the tropical background or not?
Here are pics...I am not a great photographer, so they look much better in person :)

This is the front:

Click the image to open in full size.

This is the back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl View Post
I've been looking at bright tropical colors, like POOL. I also really like the Tiffany blue but so far, the BM dresses that i have looked at do not come in this color. I would normally not go with a bright color but from the pictures I have seenm it just really looks nice against the sand the ocean. I think my accent color will be chocolate, but not sure where that color is going to be. I'm not sure on flowers yet. I don't know how to mix match my colors. I may just do calli lilies, because I think they are beautiful.

Here's my BM dress (on the right):

I have ordered swatches of blue so that I can decide on the exact color.

By the way, does anyone know how to insert a photo into the message? I tried but don't think it worked.
Those are beautiful dresses! Thanks for posting.

Laura, your BM dress is beautiful too! So many choices...

Originally I was thinking of light brown and chocolate brown but then thought maybe brighter colours would be better...

Thanks for your replies ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsinbride2010 View Post
I just put a request in to have our wedding on Oct 28 2010. I am just waiting to hear back from Ana to make sure this date is okay. I am super excited and very nervous about not seeing the resort first!
We kept going back and forth with our dates and decided to go with 10/31/10. Halloween! Looks like I will see you there :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura22610 View Post
Here are pics...I am not a great photographer, so they look much better in person :)

This is the front:

This is the back:

Laura,
I love those dresses! I like that color blue too. I think i have also ordered a swatch that is similar. Orange flowers will look pretty! I don't love orange, but from the pictures I have seen of orange weddings...i have really grown a liking to them! It alsmost makes me want to change my whole color scheme! The bright colors are so beautiful! Are you tieing the orange accent into anything else at your wedding, or just the flowers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura22610 View Post
Love your dresses! They are going to look great! I think blue will look really pretty on the beach. I've seen pics of weddings with it with lime green, pink, yellow, orange and they all look great with blue. Chocolate looks great too! Not sure why I picked orange?? So, hopefully it looks good :)

To post pictures, you have to upload your picture to photobucket. After you upload your picture, copy the IMG code under the picture and paste it into your post. Here is a thread that explains it too:
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...ok-here-16832/
Thanks for the link. I'm going to try this.

Quote:
Laura,
I love those dresses! I like that color blue too. I think i have also ordered a swatch that is similar. Orange flowers will look pretty! I don't love orange, but from the pictures I have seen of orange weddings...i have really grown a liking to them! It alsmost makes me want to change my whole color scheme! The bright colors are so beautiful! Are you tieing the orange accent into anything else at your wedding, or just the flowers?
I am not really sure yet what else will be orange. My invitations were mostly blue with some orange accents. I really have to get working on a lot of these details! I keep noticing that ticker at the bottom of my posts and it's freaking me out...less than 4 months now!!

Hi all,

So I have 3.5 weeks until my site visit at Dreams! I'm getting so excited to see the resort and meet with Ana in person. I'm going to start putting together a list of questions for her and some things that I want to make sure to check out while I am there. Please let me know if there is anything in particular that you want me to try and get answers to or take pictures of.

Quote:
Hi all,

So I have 3.5 weeks until my site visit at Dreams! I'm getting so excited to see the resort and meet with Ana in person. I'm going to start putting together a list of questions for her and some things that I want to make sure to check out while I am there. Please let me know if there is anything in particular that you want me to try and get answers to or take pictures of.
I am so jealous you doing a site visit!!!

I was looking at one of the photos of the weird wedding gazebo on bookit.com and it looks like it is REALLY close to the pool and not very private. If you could let us know about that it would be great. I am assuming we will have the option of having the ceremony on the beach? Haven't heard anything about that from Ana yet. Also I am dying to know what some of the restaurant menus look like. I can't find info about that ANYWHERE!

Thanks so much!! Have an amazing time :-)