Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Hi There.  Our wedding is scheduled for June 2014. Our ceremony is scheduled at the gazebo and our cocktail hour and reception are scheduled to be on the beach. I haven't really seen anyone post about having their reception on the beach .. is it too windy? We were originally booked at Dreams Cancun before we found out it was being bought out and a lot of people were having their receptions on the beach.  Any thoughts? We are going to have 75-90 people. The pool deck wasn't listed on the brochure the coordinator sent us(only the concrete terrace) but I'm not sure what the max number of people is for the deck? 

Congrats.  We are having our reception on the beach as well.  I heard it can get a little windy and chilly, but that can vary on the time of the year. The deck minimum is 60 with a max of 120 people, 

I would like to know what part of the beach the reception will take place,  The location spreadsheet just says beach.  I am wanting to see how many trees are around? I want to string some lights around.  The pictures show only open space and no trees.   

Hi, I am getting married on the 03rd of March and just planning all my final bits :D  my wedding planner is Claudia and she has quoted around $900 to plug our own I pod into their sound system! has anyone took their own docking station or thought of a way around this? it seems really expensive? 

Hi, I am getting married on the 03rd of March and just planning all my final bits :D  my wedding planner is Claudia and she has quoted around $900 to plug our own I pod into their sound system! has anyone took their own docking station or thought of a way around this? it seems really expensive?

wow that's so pricey!!! You might as well buy one and bring it with you!!

Hi, 

I am having my reception on the Beach, I had also wanted dreams Cancun although I am glad now  that we couldn't and ended up with this hotel, I am hoping it isn't too windy, I will let you know once I am home, as I think you can quite easily change the location.  :)

Hi There.  Our wedding is scheduled for June 2014. Our ceremony is scheduled at the gazebo and our cocktail hour and reception are scheduled to be on the beach. I haven't really seen anyone post about having their reception on the beach .. is it too windy? We were originally booked at Dreams Cancun before we found out it was being bought out and a lot of people were having their receptions on the beach.  Any thoughts? We are going to have 75-90 people. The pool deck wasn't listed on the brochure the coordinator sent us(only the concrete terrace) but I'm not sure what the max number of people is for the deck? 

Emma, did you see MrsHK post a few back? It's on page 1182,  She lives in Mexico now and has some items she is renting to brides.  One of the items you can rent is a sound system with a microphone.  I will be renting one from her and not the resort. We're trying to save some money by having an ipod wedding instead of a dj.   

Edited by AmberDragon
  • Like 1

Thanks Everyone! I just heard back from the resort that the Pool Deck is also available so I guess I need to decide soon if we want beach or pool deck.  .so of course any opinions are appreciated.  I also am glad I ended up at this resort over the Dreams Cancun. It was a bit of an ordeal having to change everything over, but worth it I believe. Congrats all. 

Oh my gosh I leave in 9 days! My reception is also on the beach. It is a little more private than the pool deck i understand. I will let you all know how windy it is when I get back. How time goes so fast!

That's soo exciting! Congrats and safe travels.  Will you let me know what part of the beach the reception is held?  I want to know if it's feasible to string xmas lights around trees to to each other.  Thank you in advance.  

Any opinions on photography? I've heard the Anel and Santiago are great at the resort, but I've seen some great pricing and packages from outside photographers as well.  Looking at Juan Navarro and Ivan Luckie. . any thoughts? So many great photographers. 

• Like 1