Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

ehhh shed ok I mean our wedding isn't until 13 months! But I sent her a photo of a centerpiece I liked with a glass hurricane pillar candle and sand and shells and first email she said she would send it to the people to get a price quote than I emailed her a few weeks later and she said to send it to her again LOL so don't know if she ever got a price quote.. A little frustrating but I know I have time!!
That's the worst part of having a destination wedding , having to wait for the response from your WC. There have been times that not having the control over it ha got to me. However I have constantly read on here that when you get to Dreams it's all worth it. We did a visit in June and met the wedding manager who was lovely and its a gorgeous place.

That's the worst part of having a destination wedding , having to wait for the response from your WC. There have been times that not having the control over it ha got to me. However I have constantly read on here that when you get to Dreams it's all worth it. We did a visit in June and met the wedding manager who was lovely and its a gorgeous place.
that's great!

Hi everyone! I'm getting married at DRC in June and am doing the reception in the ballroom. I would LOVE if someone could post pics of the ballroom. All I can find is their stock photo. Also any feedback on the size of the ballroom and if the whole thing can be reserved for one party would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Was anyone told they cannot exchange cocktail hour for some kind of credit towards extra dinner plates? I could of sworn I've read numerous ladies that were able to switch it out for credit. So frustrating if your having a lot of guests :/ Destination wedding was supposed to save us some money. My wedding coordinator (who was switched 3X already) is now Claudia and she has informed me I can't switch it for any credit.

Hi everyone, 

We are getting married in one month whoo whoo!

We are having our reception on the pool deck but have not requested to have more lighting (hanging paper lanterns, lights under the table, bamboo poles with hanging lanterns etc). Do you think they are necessary? will there be enough light without adding the extra lighting options?

Thanks, 

Emmy 

Hi everyone,  We are getting married in one month whoo whoo! We are having our reception on the pool deck but have not requested to have more lighting (hanging paper lanterns, lights under the table, bamboo poles with hanging lanterns etc). Do you think they are necessary? will there be enough light without adding the extra lighting options? Thanks,  Emmy 
Omg sooo excited for you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeashAC View Post

Was anyone told they cannot exchange cocktail hour for some kind of credit towards extra dinner plates?

I could of sworn I've read numerous ladies that were able to switch it out for credit. So frustrating if your having a lot of guests :/
Destination wedding was supposed to save us some money.

My wedding coordinator (who was switched 3X already) is now Claudia and she has informed me I can't switch it for any credit.

We definitely switched out our cocktail hour for food credit - we were given a $400 credit for it.  Which was somewhat less than I expected, since 20 people @ $26 each would be $520.  But it was better than nothing!  We were able to use the credit towards extra dinner plates (over the 20 included in the package), and the cost of extending the reception by an hour.  I would definitely try to argue and get at least some credit for not having it, make sure you say that you've talked to many brides who were married at DRC and were given credit. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmyss View Post

Hi everyone, 

We are having our reception on the pool deck but have not requested to have more lighting (hanging paper lanterns, lights under the table, bamboo poles with hanging lanterns etc). Do you think they are necessary? will there be enough light without adding the extra lighting options?

Thanks, 

Emmy 

They will definitely still set up some lights if you don't purchase any extra.  They won't have you sitting in the dark!  They just charge extra for the fancy-looking decorative lights.  At our reception on  the beach we didn't pay for any extra lighting (other than the light-up dance floor), and they set up a bunch of light-post type fixtures that were actually quite cute (at no extra charge).  I imagine you might get something similar on the pool deck.  You can see them in this pic:    

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmyss View Post

Hi everyone, 

Thanks, 

Emmy 

What time is your reception? It gets dark really early so if you're reception is pretty late, it will pitch black! Our photographer recommended that we do our first dance right as the recpetion started so she could get decent pictures. And we had a bunch of extra lighting. The standard lights are the tall white poles. I wanted more light so we did the bamboo poles, lights under the tables, lanterns on the tables, and the dance floor.