Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Hi

Yes, I think you will get credits for most of the items included in the package, but the credits can only be used within the same category.  So if you cancel the extra boutonnieres or coursages, you can only put whatever credit they give you towards other items in the flowers category.  This works well if you want to have bridesmaids bouquets (which aren't included) but no boutonnieres or coursages (which are included).  But it doesn't really work if there are no other/different flower purchases you want.  If that makes sense, haha. Someone asked about getting a credit for not having a dessert with a dinner - I don't think you would be able to do this, because the cost of dinner per person is just one lump charge, and isn't broken down into the different parts of dinner.  I'm also not sure if they let you take a credit for the Mexican Trio, and if so, what you can use that credit towards.  I'm assuming you may be able to trade the trio for a different type of musician, or maybe you could put the credit towards the sound system or DJ (since it's all "music")?  But I'm really not sure.
!! Hello! Question girls about omitting the extra corsages and boutienerres and even my bridal bouquet I emailed them and got a reply that only the bouquet can be credited and it's only 50 bucks!! Did anyone not use their flowers and get credit? I was thinking of making fake ones and using the credit towards centerpieces

Ok so I just got home tonight from my week long stay at dreams. We have chosen to not do the wedding there, but I will say the resort is beautiful and excellent. Here's a quick review of some categories and why we didn't end up choosing it: Airport: Customs took forever and absolutely set up transportation before going - we didn't - later found out its a private airport with private cab companies - cost us $70 US to get to the resort 20 minutes away!! Scenery: The hotel is gorgeous, it really is. The lobby is gorgeous, although still pretty hot at night - but there's always something going on. The pools are beautiful as well as the beach but don't bother snorkeling there because there's nothing but Seagrass. Our favorite was the infinity pool - we loved it - and we loved barracuda bar - spent an entire day there lol. The beach is a beautiful stretch of white sand. We were always able to find a chair. Room: We had a preferred king ocean view room - and the views were amazing. Room 1212 - water out of the right sink smelled like farts lol so we didn't use it - but otherwise the room was beautiful. They did not refill our mini bar most days and we had to call to get stuff - make sure to bring tip $ for everything! But the room was always clean - make sure to keep windows and doors closed or else the air won't work - it also turns off after you leave the room. Food: I was not a fan of breakfast - anywhere - preferred club, world buffet or room service - but we never tried oceana for breakfast and regret it. We ate lunch at the pool (good), oceana (excellent), and room service (excellent - grilled shrimp in garlic and butter and chicken fajitas were our favorite). We ate dinner at oceana (best soft shell crab I've ever eaten, my fiancé didn't like the clams and linguine), seaside grill (excellent steaks), himitsu (excellent food! Try the himitsu roll - sushi), el patio (loved the tacos and chicken poblano, mariachi band is great), and bordeaux (my fiancé loved the escargots) - we didn't eat at portofino. The coffee shop is great and has different pastries at different times of the day. Staff: Everyone was very nice - it would've been helpful if we spoke Spanish but most everyone spoke enough English to get by. Miguel at AM Services desk was great - we did two excursions (whale shark experience ans selvatica: tarzania) and he really hooked us up! No one ever has change - especially for 100s or 50s. The lobby store never has change - only in pesos. Weddings: I believe they have tons of great amenities - they do a beautiful job with the weddings - the office is beautiful and they really lay out tons of options for you - I'm not sure how much further back I read that they're short staffed - but there were at least 7 employees working in there - so really no reason for such delayed responses with emails. We saw one ceremony and one reception while there - but more happened - the ceremony was at the gazebo at 5:30 and I mean it was extremely public - I was in the infinity pool and moved to barracuda bar during the ceremony - everyone stopped to watch - that's not something we want. We saw a cocktail hour & reception on the pool deck last night - we felt bad for them - because people were eating dinner at oceana like 5 feet away from the reception and there was a theme night going on at the pool terrace and the music was so loud it drowned out all the music from the wedding. (We watched from our balcony). This is the only reason we are not going with dreams - we want a more private ceremony and reception and because the resort is small and there are constant activities (both pluses when not getting married there) there really isn't much privacy. We went with Occidental Grand Xcaret - it's about 40 minutes south of dreams - and while the website really doesn't do it justice - it was amazing and everything will be nice and private, exactly how we want it! We knew someone that went there before and checked it out based on that and fell in love! I will post my album of dreams photos on Facebook and make it public and share it on here once I get it up sometime this week. Feel free to ask any questions (soon because I just got home so it's all right in my mind lol) - spaces, distances between things, etc. Hoped that helped ladies! :)

Originally Posted by Wedding2014 View Post

Hi

!!

Hello! Question girls about omitting the extra corsages and boutienerres and even my bridal bouquet I emailed them and got a reply that only the bouquet can be credited and it's only 50 bucks!! Did anyone not use their flowers and get credit? I was thinking of making fake ones and using the credit towards centerpieces

Hi, I haven't heard that before!  I thought there were some ladies on here who brought their own flowers and received credit for the flowers included in the packages, but maybe I'm wrong.  I know I've heard from several people that you could exchange items for credit within the same category, but I only personally did this with the cocktail hour (used the credit towards dinner and an extra hour of reception).  Seems strange that they wouldn't offer any credit at all for the corsages and boutonnieres. 

Hi, I haven't heard that before!  I thought there were some ladies on here who brought their own flowers and received credit for the flowers included in the packages, but maybe I'm wrong.  I know I've heard from several people that you could exchange items for credit within the same category, but I only personally did this with the cocktail hour (used the credit towards dinner and an extra hour of reception).  Seems strange that they wouldn't offer any credit at all for the corsages and boutonnieres. 
Hey Lori Yessss I emailed Claudia and she said I could only be credited for the bouquet and 50 dollars at that! Not happy :((

Originally Posted by Wedding2014 View Post

A

awesome!! Where did you order from!??

Tablelinendirect.com I ordered the embroidered overlays and chair sashes in pool plus napkins and a satin table cloth for the head table. I've been trying different ties of the sashes to see what I like best. I can't decide. I guess I have over 5 months to figure it out. If only I had a white tiffany chair to practice with :P