Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Originally Posted by mrscowbag79 View Post

Hi Ladies! I was just wondering.. Do the judges who conduct the ceremonys only speak Spanish? My Travel Agent has advised to me book a translator but I'm not 100% sure I want to do this.. especially if the ceremony can be spoken in English! Your replies would be greatly appreciated, thank you :) xx

Hi!  Here is a link to our video at Dreams Riviera.  The woman in the voice over is the minister.  This was a symbolic ceremony only but I believe she can also do legal.

Hi, ladies.  Congrats on your upcoming weddings!  I'm very new to this and just started planning this week.  We wanted the pool deck, but it was already taken...so now we are stuck between the beach, Seaside, or Oceana.  We will be having about 75 guests, so we're worried about space with Seaside and Oceana. They only put one picture of each in the brochure, and you can't tell anything from them!  Does anyone have any info on these locations?  Thanks in advance!

Happy planning!  :)

Originally Posted by KimDillon View Post

Just got back from my wedding on 6/1/13 and we got hit by the tropical storm Andrea. Everything was shifted to the terrace. I had to be transfered to the front terrace by a luggage cart covered in plastic. Everyone has called me the modern day cinderalla. Even though the tropical storm flooded the hotel, trees were bending to the ground, power was going out, one guest got stuck in an elevator .......and nothing went according to plan we had the best time. My guests (the small amount that there were) said it was the best wedding they had ever been too because it was something they had never experienced.... I'll say!!  I guess we just got a lot of luck since it rained so hard & all..

The one disapointing thing was the dinner. We were originally supposed to have a private dinner in the Oceana but ended up being stuck in the front of the Italain resturant with crying babies. Boy, I was sooooo dissapointed but still made the best out of it.

If I could give you guys one piece of advice here it is:

Make sure you print all of your email communications with the wedding coordinator because they will not heistate to change it on you at the last minute. If you are a smaller wedding (mine was a total of 8) just keep in mind you will be at the bottom of the totum pole.

You also have the option to request the presidential suite for the day of your wedding to get ready. They didn't tell me this but another staff member did. Of course, with a small budget wedding (and 4 other weddings that day) we did not get it.

OH My gosh Kim!!!! That is so crazy! I am so glad that everything turned out ok though in the end. You are married and that's what matters :)  Share some more pictures! :)

post-50199-138622508633_thumb.jpg

Originally Posted by Amy Patricia View Post

Hi, ladies.  Congrats on your upcoming weddings!  I'm very new to this and just started planning this week.  We wanted the pool deck, but it was already taken...so now we are stuck between the beach, Seaside, or Oceana.  We will be having about 75 guests, so we're worried about space with Seaside and Oceana. They only put one picture of each in the brochure, and you can't tell anything from them!  Does anyone have any info on these locations?  Thanks in advance!

Happy planning!  :)

Oh, I would DEFINITELY do the beach with 75 people!!! Seaside Grill and Oceana are pretty small in my opinion if you want room to dance. You would be really cramped in there if you had a dance floor. I was looking through some of my pictures to see if I had any of those 2 locations, but none really show what it looks like. Oceana is like an outdoor restaurant. Basically just like covered seating. Seaside grill is more like a restaurant. Here's a pic in my FB album and you can kind of see Oceana 

And Lindsey another bride on here had her reception at Seaside and I think they had about 40-50 people and I think it was pretty full. I know she has posted her video and slideshow on here several times so you could see it. 

Thanks!  After many conversations, we just decided to switch our date to 6/21 so we could have the pool deck.  Now to narrow down the budget...so hard!  LOL

I'm torn on doing my own centerpieces and taking the credit or using theirs...but my wedding coordinator hasn't sent me pictures of the centerpieces to help me decide.  Does anyone have pictures of the centerpieces they offer?

Thanks!

HI everyone! I've been stalking the boards here for a while and so many of you helped me make a decision to go with DRC and I just received our confirmation for December 5th 2014; So excited! I have the date confirmed, but now my travel agent is wanting to book our travel reservations ASAP! Wondering what room category everyone chose? I was just going to book Garden view Premium Deluxe Plunge Room; but my future husband really wants to upgrade to a Preferred Club Ocean View King Room; for more privacy since the ground floor plunge rooms don't seem to have much, plus he wants the upgraded amenities. 

I'm trying to understand the difference between the honeymoon room and the PC ocean view?

Is preferred club worth the extra cost, or does the resort try to upgrade their wedding couples from premium to preferred club on arrival?

I also read in the documents provided from DRC that a discount will be taken from the Bride and Groom's stay if enough guests book. I'm waiting for clarification from my TA on this but anyone with experience with this discount have any insights?

Sorry for the super long posting; but just trying to get everything organized. My "type A" ICU nurse personality is in high gear.

Thanks in advance

- Britt

Heyy!! We are awaiting our confirmation for our November date just emailed my travel agent the info with the deposit $&... We will have 20-40 guests and want the preferred club honeymoon oceanfront room.. Does anyone have photos of the seaside and oceana resturants? Which one os better for a wedding ?