Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Hi Kerri,

I understand your frustration however I have been able to keep mine in check by reading the resort reviews:  everyone says that the communication is slow and that you will feel panicked that nothing will be right, but that you become the priority once you get there and everything will go perfectly.  I leave this Saturday so will report back if that is actually the case!!!

-K

Originally Posted by kerrimaxwell View Post

Hi All,

I am very frustrated! I know Eva is no longer with Dreams... never heard a word though except for this board. I emailed a WEEK ago to ask who my new coordinator was and to confirm my arrangements made with Evangelina. Nothing yet! What the heck??

I am a pretty low maintenance bride since this is my 2nd wedding and we have 4 kids between us... BUT I would like something back! I have NOTHING planned except my date, and locations (July 21st). YIKES!

Did anyone else have trouble with this or do you have any suggestions?

Originally Posted by Dominique 161 View Post

Hi Ladies!

Question for the anyone who has already been to Dreams. How can I get into Cancun. Can I get a bus or would I need to get a taxi?

I know I can get a bus from the main road, but far is the main road?

Hope you can help :)

6 days till I go!!

Are you talking about like going from the hotel into Cancun to sightsee? 

I would NOT recommend taking a city bus at all. Take a cab. They also have tours you can go on which I would really recommend if you want to go in to Cancun.

Getting married in June! Can't wait. I have read some things on the blog about bringing down items and going through customs. Does anyone have any insight on that or how they handled it? I am concerned because of all the items I have purchased so far for the receptions and the guests OOT bags. Thanks

The pool terrace definitely isn't as pretty as the pool deck, but there was a reception there when we were there and it still looked great with the light up dance floor and all the lighting! But it is RIGHT in the middle of the resort and people walking by. They had Mexican night the night of that reception which meant they had alot of booths set up with vendors, etc. So there were people EVERYWHERE. We could have walked right up to the reception if we wanted to. So that's something to think about. As far as the beach goes... the pool deck is pretty much on the beach. The wind wasn't a problem for us until the rain came. Is there a reception on the deck that night so you can't have it? If there is a reception on the deck it seems like the beach would be almost too close to the deck.... unless they do it alot further down not right in front of the resort. 
Hey Savs, I have booked the pool terrace so now so I am a little concerned about the Mexican night you mentioned. Do they do things like that every night of the week or was it only certain nights? Do you recall what day the Mexican night was? Thanks Nikki

Hi again Vika, No, Lorena told me that if we didn't want/need to include our parents names, we didn't need our birth certificates at all.  All you need in that case is your passports & tourist cards, 4 witnesses (arriving the same day as you) & their passports, the blood tests (which they do when you get there), and the legal form that needs to be completed and sent to your wedding coordinator in advance.  If you send me your email address I can email you a copy of the legal form so you can start collecting the information that is needed for that.  I would double check these things with your wedding coordinator as well, but that was what I was told.  We're getting married on April 18th, so we haven't actually gone through the full process yet!
Hi Lori I am having a legal ceremony in June. Would you mind sending me that legal form I am still waiting for Lorena to get back to me and want to get it started. My email is d82nikki@aol.com Good luck with everything and keep us posted on the outcome. I am sure everything will be beautiful. Thanks!!

Originally Posted by Nicole2013 View Post

Hey Savs,

I have booked the pool terrace so now so I am a little concerned about the Mexican night you mentioned. Do they do things like that every night of the week or was it only certain nights? Do you recall what day the Mexican night was?

Thanks

Nikki

the night they did that was a Saturday. I dont know if it's always the same though. That was the only night they did all the vendors while we were there. They have people blocking the area off so no one could come up to your reception and interrupt, but people could walk very very close. 

But honestly, it's like this no matter where you are. We were on the pool deck and in our wedding video you can see all the people in the pool hanging over the edge watching us cut our cake and the first dance. I had no clue at the time. You're so caught up in the moment you won't notice people. But there might be random people in your pics/video like ours!

Originally Posted by Nicole2013 View Post

Getting married in June! Can't wait. I have read some things on the blog about bringing down items and going through customs. Does anyone have any insight on that or how they handled it?

I am concerned because of all the items I have purchased so far for the receptions and the guests OOT bags.

Thanks

Technically you're only allowed $300 worth of goods per person. 

If you make sure your stuff is spread out between people, they wont stop you. We took a bunch of decorations, maracas, bubba kegs, OOT bags, and all the fillings and we just made sure we didn't have all the maracas in one suitcase and all the bubba kegs in one suitcase, etc. Put 3 or 4 here and there and it looks just like you're bringing them for you. I would recommend bringing all of your receipts incase they stop you. I heard that they'll look at them and they dont really feel like calculating it all up so they will let you through. If they ask, just tell them a dollar amount that's less than $300 and you should be good. 

Technically you're only allowed $300 worth of goods per person.  If you make sure your stuff is spread out between people, they wont stop you. We took a bunch of decorations, maracas, bubba kegs, OOT bags, and all the fillings and we just made sure we didn't have all the maracas in one suitcase and all the bubba kegs in one suitcase, etc. Put 3 or 4 here and there and it looks just like you're bringing them for you. I would recommend bringing all of your receipts incase they stop you. I heard that they'll look at them and they dont really feel like calculating it all up so they will let you through. If they ask, just tell them a dollar amount that's less than $300 and you should be good. 
Gotcha thanks!!