Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Thank you!!! So I made the mistake of checking he weather in puerto Morelos and it shows rain almost everyday I will be there when in the past eveytimeni looked it was all sunshine! I am so unhappy right now BUT then for fun I checked "Quintana Roo" and it's not as bad! Does anyone know where exactly I should be checking the weather to be right around drc?

Originally Posted by EmilyT View Post

Thank you!!! So I made the mistake of checking he weather in puerto Morelos and it shows rain almost everyday I will be there when in the past eveytimeni looked it was all sunshine! I am so unhappy right now BUT then for fun I checked "Quintana Roo" and it's not as bad! Does anyone know where exactly I should be checking the weather to be right around drc?

I had the same issue and it showed rain everyday we were there but that wasn't the case at all. I realized if there is even a chance of rain for just 5 minutes out of the day then the forecast is going to show rain... So try not to worry!!!!

Originally Posted by daneli View Post

Hey!

So I have just switched resorts from Barcelo to Dreams Riviera Cancun, originally I was to get married July 20th but I was so unhappy with how Barcelo was handeling everything I decided to take my business else where. So sadly I had to change my date to July 21st!! It has been so crazy the last week and stressful!!

I already have my photographer booked do you know if they allow outside vendors? I keep getting different answers from different WC at the resort and when I read online. It looks like a beautiful resort and I hope everything goes smooth from here on out! Especially since I am only 5 months away now!

If any past brides have any tips or want to share anything at all with me I would greatly apppreciate it! My email is danelifernandez@yahoo.com :)

I am doing the Ultimate Wedding Package and I am expecting about 50 guests. Did anyone use the resorts DJ? And whats the best location for the Cocktail hour?

Hi Daneli...  We are also getting married at Dreams on July 21st!!  It will be great to be able to compare notes up until then!

Agree with Rach! Don't worry about what the weather shows! There was rain in the forecast almost every day and the only day it rained was the day of the wedding day (the day it had 0% chance of rain!!) There are sometimes afternoon rainstorms for like 5 minutes and then it will stop. 

Just remember that if it does rain, they have back up plans! We chose to have everything outside and mother nature does what it wants to do! And everyone at Dreams makes it work if it does rain!

Somewhat unrelated to the wedding, but some of my guests are bringing babies and children, and they've been asking me about what to bring and what will be provided.  Does anyone know if there is baby food available, either in jars, or pureed/blended options?  And also for the pool - are there water wings, floaties or life jackets (or anything similar) that small children can use in the pools?  And does the resort provide any sand/beach toys, or should parents pack those?

Thanks!! 

ahhhh leaving for drc in the morning ;) trying to work out our money situation.... we obviously cant travel with enough cash to pay for everything so are we able to pay for the whole wedding with dreams on a debit/credit card??? I know i have to pay the photographer with cash, and i am not sure about the DJ... any tips on how to handle this ??

We are thinking about booking Dreams Riviera Cancun for our wedding. Is there any chance that somoen here knows the answers to one of theose questions? I would really appreciate your help/comments Ladies....

Lots of Love

Agnieszka

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Wedding in Paradise  (free wedding) or Ultimate Wedding

1. What is the selection of the wedding cakes for both packages?

2. What is the selection of the natural floral centrepieces for Ceremonial Table?

3. Do we need to pay $60 for every child attending reception dinner (Wedding in Paradise)?

4.  Is the sound system for ceremony included in the Ultimate wedding package?

5. Is the sound system for 3 hour reception included in the Ultimate wedding package?

6. Is bamboo arch on the beach with drapery and flowers included in both packages (Wedding in Paradise and Ultimate Wedding)?

7. Are chair bows and white chair covers included in the Ultimate wedding package?

8. Are white chair covers included in the Wedding in Paradise package?

9.  Apparently 'Newlywed Package' is included in both packages? What the Newlywed Package is including?

I really hope that someone can help me:)

Hey Brides,

I haven't been on in awhile because I've been extremely busy with work and school so I am a little out of loop. I also haven't contacted my WC in about 3 months embarrest.gif.

Does anyone know the procedures for having a sit-down dinner? And what is the additional cost, if any? I am expecting approx. 40 guests and I would like to give them the option of a steak, chicken and fish option? I would like to include this on our RSVPs (which I would be sending out in early April). Please help! Lol

ahhhh leaving for drc in the morning ;) trying to work out our money situation.... we obviously cant travel with enough cash to pay for everything so are we able to pay for the whole wedding with dreams on a debit/credit card??? I know i have to pay the photographer with cash, and i am not sure about the DJ... any tips on how to handle this ??

I think we brought a good amount in cash but definitely paid for the whole wedding on a credit card.  Have a blast!!!