Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Originally Posted by LindseyM View Post

I'm so glad you booked Mike!  You will notttt be disappointed!!  

HI Lindsey!!! I love your pics... The entire wedding looks amazing... my reception is also at Seaside Grill and I think it looks great in the pics... Do you know how many assistants Mike brought ??? I need to make sure I'm prepared so they don't charge me crazy ... lol 

Originally Posted by elsa s View Post

HI Lindsey!!! I love your pics... The entire wedding looks amazing... my reception is also at Seaside Grill and I think it looks great in the pics... Do you know how many assistants Mike brought ??? I need to make sure I'm prepared so they don't charge me crazy ... lol 

Aww thank you!  It was so so so amazing.  I wish we could go back every day.  Mike worked with two guys and their names are Jerry Guzman and Alex Gonzalez.  :)

Beautiful pics, Ashley!  We got to stay in the presidential suite too!!!  :)  Isn't it awesome!?  Also did our reception at Seaside Grill.  I miss it!

Originally Posted by Savs1027 View Post

beautiful pictures Ashley!!!! Francisco did a wonderful job! I love how your turned out and the bridesmaid dresses were so pretty!! 

Did y'all get ready in the presidential suite? It's SO much nicer than the master suite we had!

Thanks girls! We did get the Presidental Suite but I think it was partly because they took my dress out of our room for the steaming service we didn't order and somehow stained it, partly because we were the only wedding that day and partly because our ceremony was 10 feet away on the North Beach haha - either way, it was soooo nice! 

I wish I could go back every day, too! I wish we could use our anniversary nights sooner than on our actual anniversary! :)

Hi,

This thread has been amazing and helped me and the other half decide that we without a doubt want to get married at Dreams! We havenâ€t booked anything yet but are looking to get married in October 2014 and will be booking this in May 2013 once the flight plans are confirmed. There will be around 25 guests and we will be going for the Ultimate Wedding Package. There are so many questions I have before booking tho so I'm hoping some of you will be able to help me please...

Thomas Cook

So we are from England and will be booking our holiday/wedding all together with Thomas Cook, has anybody else done this? I've not heard any horror stories about weddings booked with Thomas Cook and we have used them in the past for holidays to Mexico and Cuba and were impressed , so I am confident that things will be okay but you never know.  We are hoping to get a group discount as there will be at least 15 of us staying at the hotel for the full 2 weeks. And also a ‘Welcome Pack†is also mentioned but I donâ€t really know what this is?

Legal Stuff

I'm a little confused about all the legal stuff... In the Thomas Cook brochure it advises to get all our documents translated in England then send them to Thomas Cook who will then sort everything out but on the Dreams website it says that the documents need to be translated in Mexico for them to be valid? This is the only thing that I'm really concerned about as I donâ€t want anything legally to go wrong or not be done before we fly. If anybody who has booked with Thomas Cook could let me know what the correct procedure is that would be great!

Ceremony

We were thinking of getting married on the beach, are there different parts of the beach you can get married on? And can we decide on the time the ceremony will be at or is that something the planner works out? I would love a violinist for the ceremony and don't mind the cost as itâ€s something I have dreamt of! Has anybody else opted for this? And as we are having the violinist, we wouldn't need the sound system but would like a microphone so people can hear us saying our vows, do they charge for the use of the microphone? Also it mentions in the Thomas Cook brochure that the person conducting the ceremony wonâ€t speak any English and suggests paying for an interpreter, is this true? And Iâ€d like to meet with them before hand to discuss the order of the ceremony and what will be said. For the decorations I want white drapes with flowers here and there, really simple and not too OTT so Iâ€m hoping the hotel can supply with me the drapes and flowers? In regards to a rehearsal, can this be done the day before the wedding? As I have bridesmaids and a flower girl I really want a rehearsal so that everybody knows what they are doing on the actual day.

Cocktail Hour

We are thinking of having the Mexican Trio included in the package at the cocktail hour so our guests can have a boogie and take photos with them whilst we are off with the photographer. Can anybody suggest a place for the cocktail hour? As I would like this to be away from the beach for this part of the day. And what exactly happens at the cocktail hour, is it literally just drinks and the entertainment you choose? (Sorry if I sound clueless).

Reception

I would love the reception to be on the beach but have read posts about it being really windy at night time? Any other suggestions of where to have it would be great!. Even tho we are having a small wedding I would still like the DJ and light up dance floor because there a few party people in the group, what is the resident DJ like? And also would I be able to contact the DJ with a list of songs we would want playing at the reception? I don't mind splashing out a bit as everything would still work out cheaper rather than having a big English wedding like we were originally planning. For the reception decorations I would bring my own place cards, favours, table decorations and cake topper but was wondering what the tables and chairs at the reception are like? I would like one big table with all of us on but Iâ€m not sure if theyâ€ll be able to provide a table that big? And the flags and the lights that they offer, what are they like and are they worth the price because I really like the idea of them and it would save me bringing my own decorations over from England and with everything else Iâ€m sure Iâ€ll have minimum room in my suitcase! Also what is the latest you can have the reception until? There will be children at the wedding so donâ€t want it to be too late but would still like the day to last J

Hair & Make up

As the hair & make up is included in the package I defo want to take advantage of this, I have an idea of what I want my hair & make up to look like so will bring pictures of these along. I was wondering whether I should book a trial before hand? or just trust the people in the salon on the day? I would also like my bridesmaids to get their hair done at the salon so they feel special too; does anybody know how much this would be?

Wedding Planner

Iâ€ve read some posts about people not actually making any decisions regarding decorations etc until they arrive at the hotel and also that the wedding planners arenâ€t that quick at replying to emails (which is understandable judging by how many weddings they do) so I was wondering whether it is worth emailing them asking for all the different options and deciding beforehand or just write down what we want and decide everything when we meet them at the resort?

I know I have asked so many questions and probably not all of them can be answered but any answers/suggestions/tips would be greatly appreciated! Iâ€m so excited for my wedding and just want everything to be planned down to the last detail. Thank you so much in advance! J

Originally Posted by Dominique 161 View Post

Has anyone heard from the DJ??

I've emailed him everyday for 2 weeks... and he still hasnt replied!

Cesar or Mauricio not sure which is doing my wedding on March 1st. I didn't hear back from them for a while and I showed Lorena my coordinator and then finally he replied. He is waiting for my song list and told me he is definetly confirmed for my wedding. So if I were you I would tell your coordinator about it! He does still work there.... ;)

Mike did my wedding with two assistants and I definitely did not pay $300!

I spoke to Lorena about this and she confirmed that outside vendors are 150 per person BUT some there are no fee and this includes Mike Cantarell!! YaYyyYY i had already confirmed with him so now I will keep him. Seems like the prices are close anyway plus I will still get whatever is included in the video package from dreams since I did the ultimate package. I just emailed him to remind him since we confirmed so long ago.

Originally Posted by patcaz View Post

Hi girls! did you all get the special rate for the wedding group through a travel agent or direct from the resort? I am doing directly with the resort and this is actually pending, they have not provided the special rate for my group. Can you let me know what were the rates you got and the dates for them?

Thanks

I will tell you this, I used a travel agent who gave me her own package, but did get the actual room rates from the resort. Its hard to explain but we booked through her so we did not do the 3g promo, but obviously the hotel decides the room rates so she was in contact with them. anyway as time went on the room rates on websites like bookit.com and trevolocity for example were cheaper than the room rates the hotel gave our travel agent. She contacted them and they said there was nothing they can do since that was the price they already quoted her. a lot of my guests paid more using our travel agent and the rates from drc than if they would have just used a website. some of our guests waited longer to book and paid less on bookit.com. i guess it all depends. through the agent it is secure so i am glad we used one, but i was dissapointed that my guests paid more money for their rooms even though the rates dropped.

Originally Posted by elsa s View Post

No extra fee for Mike !! :) Lorena confirmed this for me