Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Originally Posted by msykes View Post

hello already married Dreams brides,

My wedding is in 2 weeks and I have a question about bar options during the reception. Our reception is from 7pm to 10pm on the Pool Terrace, and I was wondering which resort bar is closest to the Pool Terrace?? We have 90 guests attending and don't want to spend $4,000 on an international bar for 3 hours! (Especially when everyone has already paid all-inclusive)!

If one of the bars is close enough then maybe we'll just have guests going there for drinks but I'm not sure...perhaps the first hour we'll pay for (during speaches and that) and then the last 2 hours people can leave the reception area and go to the bar to grab their drinks.

Any suggestions?? Thanks so much!

Maureen

The closest bar that's open is probably the lobby bar, but it's quite a hike to get there. The swim up bar and beach bar are the closest, but I think they close at 6pm. 

Are you having dinner for your guests?? I thought the price of the bar was included with the dinner. $48 per person.

Originally Posted by Eyeball17 View Post

I finally got a response to an email I had sent weeks ago and was told their are a few weddings the same day as me.  I am wondering what a few means.  Anyone else getting married May 18, 2013?  I confirmed that I will be there from the 15th to the 22nd so maybe she meant a few while I was there, not on that Saturday.  If you are getting married on the 18th let me know!

They probaby have several the same day. Luckily there were no others on my day, but the saturday before there were 3 ceremonys going on at the same time and then 2 receptions. And the same day there was one earlier in the day so there were 4 total that day. 

Originally Posted by kndrashltn View Post

Has anyone seen or had a wedding reception in the Mexican Restaurant "El Patio"? I was thinking of having my reception there instead of the beach deck only because it is a safer route in case of rain/wind and it is very festive looking and very cute:) Please let me know if any of you have reviews of this location.

I didn't have mine there, but we ate there twice and I loved the way it looked. It's very "mexian" themed and festive. I loved all the mexican flags hanging from the ceiling. I remember seeing some pictures of a reception there, but I have no idea where I found them. Google Dreams Riviera Cancun wedding photos and you will have so many options come up! 

Also, if you are using the resort photographers, they may be able to tell you their opinion on it and show you pictures if they have any. 

I love our pictures from the pool deck, but having to move inside halfway through because of a downpour was stressful. I think El Patio is a great idea!

If that is going to be your "reception" I would absolutely make a reservation. When we ate at the restaurants, we always had to split up. There were about 13 of us that ate together most nights and we always had to do 9 and 4. They put us at tables close together, but it was still split and you couldn't talk to everyone. 

Originally Posted by BnH2013 View Post

Going from the Ultimate Package to the Paradise Package

Ok, yes, a little sad. crybaby2.gifOk, very sad.

The amount of guests I thought were coming, are no longer. So Im literally going to change just about everything. ugh.

Since only 20 people (or less) are coming we are now looking to just have dinner after the reception at El Patio. My fiance doesnt want to spend the $15 per person to book the reservation. Im just afraid were not going to be able to all sit together.

Any feedback? Anyone know of a anyone who went through this?

You can also email me: simstar969@hotmail.com

Originally Posted by loripanori View Post

For the photography packages, I'm wondering if the pictures included in the ultimate package get added to the pictures included with the photography packages?  So if we book the $999 full day coverage package (which includes 100 photos), and the ultimate package (which includes 50 photos), will we actually get to choose 150 photos to go home with?  

Yup, you get to add that 50 on! :) If you have Anel as your photographer, get ready to have a VERY hard time picking pictures though!! She took 600 of us and we had to narrow it down to 250 because we got the $1500 package plus the 50 with the ultimate package. We ended up paying for 50 extra pictures because we couldn't pick just 250! 

Originally Posted by Savs1027 View Post

If that is going to be your "reception" I would absolutely make a reservation. When we ate at the restaurants, we always had to split up. There were about 13 of us that ate together most nights and we always had to do 9 and 4. They put us at tables close together, but it was still split and you couldn't talk to everyone. 

Thanks Savs, this is what I was thinking!

Hi! I am new to this site. We are having a Jul 2013 wedding at Dreams Riviera.  I have a million questions and I'm totally overwhelmed. As of now we chose to have a beach ceremony, cocktail hour on the deck, and the reception at Seaside Grill.

I have seen some threads here saying people did not think it was worth having the cocktail hour since guests can go to any bar and hang out while pics are being taken...I am looking for more feedback on that. 

Also, we plan on using the Mexican Music Trio for the ceremony... and a DJ for the reception. Is a dance floor necessary at Seaside Grill? Or can we just dance in a regular area?

Are kids counted into the guest count at the wedding?

Does anyone have the menu choices from the wedding coordinator? The gold menu comes with our package but we have no idea what it entails since it is not in the wedding guide.

TIA! Many more questions to come...