Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Originally Posted by Savs1027 View Post

I also forgot to add that if you add me on facebook there is an album that I uploaded all of our pictures from our regular camera so you can see some of the restaurants, the rooms, the lobby, etc.  I know that might help some of you decide on locations for things. 

I love the lanterns hanging on the poles! Did you bring these or get them from the resort? If from resort, can you give me an idea of cost for all of those?

Thank you!

Originally Posted by Savs1027 View Post

I forgot that John uploaded our DVD we got on to vimeo so I wanted to share the link since the subject of videographers came up. Apparently you have to have a program to rip the DVD on to a computer and upload to a website so there is a big watermark on the video so just ignore that. And the quality of the video went down. It is so much clearer on the DVD on a big screen TV! In fact, I think it might even be HD (which we did not pay for). 

Like I said, overall I am very happy with the way it turned out!! And, I had no contact with the videographer before or after the wedding so this was just a standard video. 

It's long, but thought it might help some of y'all out! 

thank you for this ! i actually dont think the video was bad at all.... i was going to pay a lot for an outside vendor but i think you just changed my mind. i will just upgrade the package because i also want the reception included... i have the ultimate package so this is what was included with it??? not bad at all!

Hi All!

It's been a while since I got married at Dreams in July, but I wanted to repost some of my helpful info for those new brides who are experiencing some anxiety.  Trust me, everything will turn out wonderful!!  I wish I could go back to that trip every single day!  Below is a link to my slideshow, review on tripadvisor, tour you tube videos from 2011, and our highlight video from Mike Cantarell.  Enjoy!!

http://200712mcmahon.dreamsriveriacancun.adventurephotos.com.mx/

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g240327-d1550490-r135736219-Dreams_Riviera_Cancun_Resort_Spa-Puerto_Morelos_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

http://www.youtube.com/belcantoragazza

The lanterns were provided by the resort. I paid $150 per pole which had 12 lights on each pole. It was totally worth it in my opinion. I love the way our pictures look with them. And we got compliments all week after the wedding about how everyone loved the light poles!! 

Originally Posted by cmi1205 View Post

I love the lanterns hanging on the poles! Did you bring these or get them from the resort? If from resort, can you give me an idea of cost for all of those?

Thank you!

Originally Posted by LindseyM View Post

Hi All!

It's been a while since I got married at Dreams in July, but I wanted to repost some of my helpful info for those new brides who are experiencing some anxiety.  Trust me, everything will turn out wonderful!!  I wish I could go back to that trip every single day!  Below is a link to my slideshow, review on tripadvisor, tour you tube videos from 2011, and our highlight video from Mike Cantarell.  Enjoy!!

http://200712mcmahon.dreamsriveriacancun.adventurephotos.com.mx/

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g240327-d1550490-r135736219-Dreams_Riviera_Cancun_Resort_Spa-Puerto_Morelos_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

http://www.youtube.com/belcantoragazza

Thanks Lindsey for all your help while you were planning! You were such a great help!!!

Originally Posted by EmilyT View Post

thank you for this ! i actually dont think the video was bad at all.... i was going to pay a lot for an outside vendor but i think you just changed my mind. i will just upgrade the package because i also want the reception included... i have the ultimate package so this is what was included with it??? not bad at all!

Yup, we had the ultimate package and this is what was included. He is there before the ceremony, during the ceremony, and comes where you take your family pics for about 30 minutes (I think the package says he is there an hour and a half total). I think if you had contact with them before hand and gave them some guidelines your video could be even better!! 

Can anyone tell me the name of a bar my guests can go to after the ceremony as I need to put in the program so they will know. We are not having a cocktail hour so they need to gather somewhere until the reception starts at 6on the pool deck & the ceremony will be at 4. I'm not sure of the length of the ceremony and how long pictures will take? Any suggestions???