Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Originally Posted by loripanori View Post

Oh this is good to know!  I just assumed everyone would have the choice between the two entrees.  Hopefully we will be able to work this out with the wedding planner like you did, so that our guests have a choice.  We have one strict vegetarian coming as well, so hopefully that is not a problem.  Does anyone know if there is any flexibility in the soup/appetizer/salad that comes with the meals?  My fiance and I don't eat seafood or fish, and there's a whole lot of that on the menus.  If we pick the number we like based on the entree, I think all three appetizer items had seafood in them!  Also, I hear a lot of people talking about the buffet and/or carribean buffet.  Do you need a minimum number of people for this option?    

They say that 40 is the minimum for a buffet but I asked about this and they told me 20 was the absolute minimum because of the way the set up is...

We are doing a buffet for the same reason you mentioned. We hate seafood and mushrooms and it seemed like every dish had one or the other in it.

Was the reception on the wooden pool deck? I am leaning towards that location but was told you have to have 60 guest. We have 42 and 3 kids. If so, did you have a DJ? We are renting one and I wondered if you had to rent a dance floor as well? Congrats on your wedding and I appreciate your help!

I am getting married here at DRC Jan 25th. Can anyone tell me if it is worth the price to do the Preferred club ocean view vs the ocean view? I feel like we won't be in the room much and guest are staying in all levels so I am not sure if we will really use the extra amenities. My fiancé wants to stay but I am more concerned about cost. As far as the 3G promotion. Can anyone help me with this. We have 16 rooms booked thru one travel agent and 5 rooms booked thru other agents. They are stating that since not everyone booked thru the same agent the 5 rooms will not count. I also thought with 16 rooms we would have 3 free rooms but the are saying its only 2 and an upgrade. We have rooms booked at all levels (7 run of the house, 3 ocean view, and 6 preferred club) and are also being told that we will only get credit for the lowest level booked. Can anyone tell me if they have had any issues with this? Thanks for your help in advance!!!

Originally Posted by Savs1027 View Post

They say that 40 is the minimum for a buffet but I asked about this and they told me 20 was the absolute minimum because of the way the set up is...

We are doing a buffet for the same reason you mentioned. We hate seafood and mushrooms and it seemed like every dish had one or the other in it.

Alot of you guys seem worried about the food options since either some of your guests have certin food restrictions or you don't like something. I am the most picky eater out there and although everything has mushrooms or something in it, i told them i didnt want that and they had no problem taking it out. I had guests that were vegetarians as well as gluten free diets. They were EXTREMELY understanding and were able to do anything I asked. I found it alot easier to talk about it in person when I arrived rather than explaining myself through email. I dont foresee any of you have a probem with the food restrictions or asking what you want. When i had my sit down dinner some of my guests said they didnt want something and they went ahead and changed it to their liking.

Originally Posted by dcraig View Post

I am getting married here at DRC Jan 25th. Can anyone tell me if it is worth the price to do the Preferred club ocean view vs the ocean view? I feel like we won't be in the room much and guest are staying in all levels so I am not sure if we will really use the extra amenities. My fiancé wants to stay but I am more concerned about cost.

As far as the 3G promotion. Can anyone help me with this. We have 16 rooms booked thru one travel agent and 5 rooms booked thru other agents. They are stating that since not everyone booked thru the same agent the 5 rooms will not count. I also thought with 16 rooms we would have 3 free rooms but the are saying its only 2 and an upgrade. We have rooms booked at all levels (7 run of the house, 3 ocean view, and 6 preferred club) and are also being told that we will only get credit for the lowest level booked. Can anyone tell me if they have had any issues with this?

Thanks for your help in advance!!!

We originally booked the regular ocean view room but just recently decided to go ahead and upgrade to the preferred club OV. Mainly because the free wi-fi, the honeymoon package, the free anniversary nights, and just because we figured we'd get upgraded to a higher room if we do that. I've heard brides on here say that is was worth it to upgrade.

Originally Posted by yacki62 View Post

I finally got my slideshow back from Anel for my wedding that took place on 11/11/2012; I posted a review a while back. However, the thing I did notice was that she made the slideshow out of several pictures we choose NOT to keep and I thought it was going to be of the 150 we choose. Either way not a big deal, but the only bummer is you can't download any pictures from the slideshow :(

http://111112moloney.dreamsriveriacancun.adventurephotos.com.mx/

Also, our timing on the days events just in case anyone is curious so you know how much sunlight you are working with:

Ceremony 3pm

Cocktail 5pm

Reception 6-9pm

I loved your slideshow!! I am getting married on January 28th, 2013 and am having my ceremony at 3:30 as of right now, do you suggest that i switch it to 3 for the sunlight?

I am also using starfish for my placecards and the exact same guestbook! How did you arrange to have your guestbook set up with the rocks? Im just wondering if this is something i will have to go over with them before I get down there or not...

Also, can you tell me what size tablecloths you ordered? We are also having our reception on the pool deck as well! Thank you so much

Hello everyone!

My wedding is 45 days away and I am starting to freak out that I am overlooking or forgetting things!! I also can't get my wedding coordinator Gina to email me back the last 2 weeks so that is not helping either!

Does anyone know the size of the tables for the pool deck reception? I am wanting to order my own table cloths if possible.

If I am bringing a guestbook, do they provide you with an extra table? Im wondering if i need to bring/order any extra decorations to put "around" the guestbook.

For the ceremony, does anyone know how to get directly in contact with Linda? Do you meet with her before the wedding to go over the exact details of your wording? Am totally lost on this as I have some vows that i would like to incorporate.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance :)

Originally Posted by Rach0636 View Post

Hello everyone!

My wedding is 45 days away and I am starting to freak out that I am overlooking or forgetting things!! I also can't get my wedding coordinator Gina to email me back the last 2 weeks so that is not helping either!

Does anyone know the size of the tables for the pool deck reception? I am wanting to order my own table cloths if possible.

If I am bringing a guestbook, do they provide you with an extra table? Im wondering if i need to bring/order any extra decorations to put "around" the guestbook.

For the ceremony, does anyone know how to get directly in contact with Linda? Do you meet with her before the wedding to go over the exact details of your wording? Am totally lost on this as I have some vows that i would like to incorporate.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance :)

Here is Linda's info:

LINDA VARGAS AGUILERA <aguilera07_50@hotmail.com>

We scheduled a rehearsal with Lorena and I asked Linda if she could come so she is coming to the rehearsal and we are meeting with ther 30 minutes before the rehearsal to pick exactly how we want the ceremony to go. 

As far as the extra table goes, I am hoping they give us a few extra tables for decorations. I have a lot of pictures I want to display as well as our "guestbook" (it's a print that people are signing). 

Hope this helps a little bit!