Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Everything looked amazing!!!! Conrats on a beautiful wedding. I actually have a pretty similar color scheme so seeing your wedding come to life was so amazing for me. Thanks for sharing.

Can i ask where you got the decor for the chuppah? Its beautiful but i cant really tell from the pictures if they are flowers or beads or something else. Let me know if you can.

Thanks again!

Camila

Originally Posted by Jacki View Post

Hello All!

I am a Newbie to this site and I'm not really sure how to post yet (this is my first post!) I CAN NOT BELIEVE I did not know about this forum earlier. You all have been wonderful with your reviews and tips. We are getting married on 11/5/12 and thanks to the videos by BelCantoRagazza on You Tube, we settled on DRC (if you are a new bride- check out the videos 1-10 , they are from a bride on this forum- you will not be disappointed! )  As we all know, communicating with our WC is like trying to call Mars. So I'll try asking some questions on here to see if anyone has the answers.

1. Does anyone have the price for chiavari chairs? I think the bamboo chairs are 15 a piece and we were wondering if they were the same price.

2. I have an ivory dress and my groom has a white linen shirt. Does this REALLY matter? Some are saying that my dress will look dingy- for those who have seen this combo- how bad does it look?

3. I know that some couples were fortunate enough to be upgraded upon arrival to the resort. Does anyone know why some are upgraded and some are not?

Looks like your getting married right after me. Our wedding is on the Nov. 3. I have asked about the chiavari chairs and my wedding coordinator, Gina, who I never hear from said she has to look into it. She thought they were only to be used on the terrace and not the beach. The color combo is all personaly preference. If you like it, thats all that matters! I have asked about being upgraded when we get there since we are having such a large wedding- 100 people and she said she will not know until we arrive and it depends on how booked the hotel is and what rooms are open. I hope my answers help you!

can anyone share what their guests are paying to come  ? since making my wedding date switch to march 1st we already have friends and family booking their flights ;) i am very happy i made the change although someone else from the resort emailed me to confirm and lorena has yet to say anything to me. i wish she would email me just to say she understands and is on board. ( the other person who emailed me the confirmation cc'd her on all of it ). it is VERY tough communicating with them. now i want to send out my invitations and put the time of the ceremony on them but sicne the date is different im not sure what time my ceremony will be, i assume it will take weeks before i get an answer which reallly makes me nuts. such simple things i need answers too and cant get them! just curious to compare some of the costs with u guys. . . right now it seems 3 nights for my wedding is costing my guests around 1200 each. im wondering what kind of group deals you guys got so i can compare.... thank you ;)

also my travel agent is using the same room rates from my previous date of 2.22.13 for my new date and since my first date was a holiday week i assumed the prices were higher for the hotel as well as the airfair.... she is saying that the group rate is a standard rate for the 3, 4& 5 nights no matter what week you pick so i am curious to see if she is correct... does anyone have the group rates from the resort for their wedding that i can compare to mine ?

Originally Posted by EmilyT View Post

can anyone share what their guests are paying to come  ? since making my wedding date switch to march 1st we already have friends and family booking their flights ;) i am very happy i made the change although someone else from the resort emailed me to confirm and lorena has yet to say anything to me. i wish she would email me just to say she understands and is on board. ( the other person who emailed me the confirmation cc'd her on all of it ). it is VERY tough communicating with them. now i want to send out my invitations and put the time of the ceremony on them but sicne the date is different im not sure what time my ceremony will be, i assume it will take weeks before i get an answer which reallly makes me nuts. such simple things i need answers too and cant get them! just curious to compare some of the costs with u guys. . . right now it seems 3 nights for my wedding is costing my guests around 1200 each. im wondering what kind of group deals you guys got so i can compare.... thank you ;)

Granted we traveled in August, but these were our prices from our TA for the HOTEL ONLY. She also booked flights for people that wanted flights too, but about half lot of people used points or got their own flilghts. We tried to get a group rate fromt he hotel but after several emails, they never replied...that was why we went to a TA.

4 nights:

August 2-6, 2012

• Premium Garden View- $675 per person
  • Premium Ocean View- $706 per person

5 nights:

August 2-7, 2012

• Premium Garden View- $833 per person
  • Premium Ocean View- $873 per person

7 Nights:

August 2-9, 2012

• Premium Garden View- $1,113 per person
  • Premium Ocean View- $1,169 per person

Originally Posted by cmi1205 View Post

Lindsey, congrats & thank you so much for your detailed and so helpful review! I am a 2013 bride & You have put many nerves at ease! So glad it was everything you expected! Now the only bad thing is it made me more anxious! Were you able to request DJ Mauricio & any other key people way in advance? If so how was communication, if any with them prior to your arrival? Thanks again!

DJ Mauricio is the first name I heard so I asked my coordinator if I could have him and she gave me his info.  I also said I had to have Anel and I got her!  She knew she was doing my wedding and she emailed me first, I believe.  Also, she found me at the resort in the lobby and came up and introduced herself!

Originally Posted by Jacki View Post

Hello All!

I am a Newbie to this site and I'm not really sure how to post yet (this is my first post!) I CAN NOT BELIEVE I did not know about this forum earlier. You all have been wonderful with your reviews and tips. We are getting married on 11/5/12 and thanks to the videos by BelCantoRagazza on You Tube, we settled on DRC (if you are a new bride- check out the videos 1-10 , they are from a bride on this forum- you will not be disappointed! )  As we all know, communicating with our WC is like trying to call Mars. So I'll try asking some questions on here to see if anyone has the answers.

1. Does anyone have the price for chiavari chairs? I think the bamboo chairs are 15 a piece and we were wondering if they were the same price.

2. I have an ivory dress and my groom has a white linen shirt. Does this REALLY matter? Some are saying that my dress will look dingy- for those who have seen this combo- how bad does it look?

3. I know that some couples were fortunate enough to be upgraded upon arrival to the resort. Does anyone know why some are upgraded and some are not?

Hi Jacki!

Kevin and I received THREE upgrades while we were there and honestly, I have no clue why!  My dad's theory is they do it in the beginning to be nice but our final upgrade he thinks was due to tipping.  They noticed our group tipped a lot and did it to show appreciation.  I am not sure if that is true.

My dress was ivory with my groom's white shirt...here is our slideshow:  http://200712mcmahon.dreamsriveriacancun.adventurephotos.com.mx/

You can tell a little bit but I hardly think it looks dingy!  :)

Originally Posted by EmilyT View Post

My wedding is in November so my prices may be different since it's a different time of year but below is what my guests are paying for a Tropical View Room...also included in the below price is round trip private transfers from the airport I had my TA include it as I didnt want my guests to have to worry about doing it on their own. Hope this helps!

7 nights Double Occupancy $999.00 per person

6 nights Double Occupancy $865.00 per person

5 nights Double Occupancy $725.00 per person

4 nights Double Occupancy $589.00 per person

3 nights Double Occupancy $449.00 per person

wow thank u guys soo much for sharing. my TA got the group rates from the hotel for our dates and this is what she quoted us... all of yours are cheaper and im hoping its only because its a different time of year ( we are gettin married 3.1.13 ) but still its a LOT higher. . . .

this is for the TROPICAL garden view room:

3 nights- $710 pp

4nights- $930 pp

5nights- $1135 pp

she also said these prices do NOT include transfers because the hotel isn't doing it that way anymore.

i am so happy i asked you guys, because now i know that I have to look further into this. if its due to the time of year thats fine, but if someone is getting over on me id like to know!!!!

Beautiful!  What are the hanging things behind your huppah? So simple and elegant! And where did you get them from if you dont mind me asking?  Was going to make some floayitng orchids on string but was scared of the wind.  Did you have an issue with yours?
Thanks- they were actual beaded strings my friend bought them from a party store and we just gave to wedding planner and they hung them up. They were blowing with the wind but nicely- I felt like it was just a nice touch because I kept everything very simple