Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Lindsey your photos are beautiful!

I have the same sand ceremony as you J

I love your reception in the Seaside Grill, it looks amazing.

Iâ€m having my reception in the Seaside Grill, How many people can you sit at one table? and do you know thw size of the tables?

Hope you are enjoying being a MRS!

Originally Posted by LindseyM View Post

Here is our slideshow!!!

http://200712mcmahon.dreamsriveriacancun.adventurephotos.com.mx/

She also sent us one of ALL of our photos that she put together.  This is every photo she took:

http://mcmahonwed.dreamsriveriacancun.adventurephotos.com.mx/

Life is good!!  These pictures brightened my day so much!!

Here is our slideshow!!!

She also sent us one of ALL of our photos that she put together.  This is every photo she took:

Awesome!! you guys had a super great time!!...I do not if is because my wedding is getting close, but I was crying watching your pictures, I think I'm getting very emotional to soon...

Where did you get your sand set?...I love that heart!

Originally Posted by mnunez2 View Post

Hi Ladies!!

I just walked in the door and wanted to share that we had a incredible time- the entire experience was amazing!

I am so happy woot.gif

This forum was the best tool/guide when I was planning so please let me know if you have any questions.

I will write a review and post my pics as soon as I get them!!

Yay, congratulations on becoming a Mrs, and everything turning out so well!!!  Cant wait to see you photos and hear about your  special day!

Congratulations Lindsey!!! You looked lovely and your wedding was beautiful!! I am so jealous that you were able to walk right out from your presidential suite to the ceremony :). I booked the Master Suite. Hopefully they upgrade me to the Presidential Suite! ;) 

Here is our slideshow!!!

Originally Posted by EmilyT View Post

Does anyone have an opinion of how the dance floor looks on the deck !? I have been looking through the DJs photos and i cant decide if it looks good or not. in some pictures it looks good and in others it looks like it makes the deck look smaller. also i seen a pic where a girl had used the deck for the tables, but had the dance floor set up infront of the deck on the sand...... also looked like she had some lounge furniture layed out on the beach around it..... this looked cool but im just not sure how it would work lighting wise & if people would want to go into the sand to get onthe dance floor.... hmmm i am stressed over such tiny details ggrrrrr..

any opinions especially from people who have maybe seen any of these options or had them would SOOOOOOOOOO be appreciated!!

I too would also like to get some opinions on the dance floor. I am getting married on the deck and I am back and forth about whether or not to have the dance floor. I am having approximately 50 ppl but the dance floor looks a bit small to me for 50 ppl. Also, does anyone know if your able to pick the color of the skirt that goes around the dance floor and the color lights on the dance floor?

Originally Posted by JustNoelle View Post

I too would also like to get some opinions on the dance floor. I am getting married on the deck and I am back and forth about whether or not to have the dance floor. I am having approximately 50 ppl but the dance floor looks a bit small to me for 50 ppl. Also, does anyone know if your able to pick the color of the skirt that goes around the dance floor and the color lights on the dance floor?

Hi Everyone,

I got back from DRC just last weekend from our July 26 wedding.  It was a dream!!  I was after Lindsey and before Mnunez (im pretty sure i was rockin out to your reception music in my room on july 28 btw) :)

They also upgraded me from a oceanview room to the Presidential suite on the day of my wedding so I got to stay there from the 26th to the 29th...which was perfect because we divided the huge suite into 2, one side for the boys and one side for the ladies...much easier for our photog.  I am still waiting on my official professional photos since I hired my own photog from Miami.  I will post those when i receive them!

I do have a crap load of photos from everyones cameras and some from the next morning shoot by Adventure photos.  It all on my FB and these links should work hopefully!:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150975675888870.421107.512643869&type=1&l=e7d70f4f55

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150978885873870.421521.512643869&type=1&l=d87b996478

It was the best time of my life and now that it is over only advice I can give is RELAX and stop sweatin the small stuff....before you know it the time comes and goes and you wish you had not wasted it on being stressed!  We had couple massages the day before it was perfect and had our stags at Coco Bongo...best time ever.  I highly recommend it.

If any of you have questions I'd be happy to help.

Cheers xo,

S

Originally Posted by JustNoelle View Post

Get the dancefloor for sure.  it makes the party more lively and makes ppl get up and dance on it.  I wouldnt worry about it being too small....you can dance around it too and chances are ppl wont be dancing all at once anyway some will mingle, dance on the deck etc.  the skirt color i had was black didnt even notice it.  They seem to coordinate the colors of your dance floor to your party theme....when it was important moments like garter and bouquet toss, the floor stayed a beautiful pink/purple shade.

Originally Posted by annieandjon420 View Post

Hey Ladies,

I leave in 5 days and I am just wondering how did everyone pay for their wedding? Should we get travelers checks? Did you just charge it?

Also my wedding coordinator has not answered my emails in weeks so I am really going down there without knowing much details about the big day! its so frustrating!

I hope your super excited and do not worry- i was the same way before I left! You will sit down with your planner and go through every detail- my suggestion would be just to have everything you want written down along with your questions to make sure you remember everything. Also, if you have pictures of what you want bring copys- I did this for decorations and hair/makeup.

As for paying we opted to charge it- just be aware you may have a foreign transaction fee, also we notified the credit card company prior to going on vacation just to make sure we would have no issues.  I had previously read another bride had used travelers checks and that worked out just fine.

One last recommendation bring cash if you plan to tip, and figure out ahead of time who you will be tipping and how much- its one less thing to worry about the day of.